Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Broncos sign former Patriots WR Wes Welker to a 2-year deal
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 12, 13, 14, 15  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> New England Patriots
View previous topic :: View next topic  
PoWww

PostPosted: Thu Mar 14, 2013 5:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

_Oypus wrote:
Quote:
Patriots offensive coordinator Josh McDaniels had Amendola when both were in St. Louis, and some around the league believe McDaniels was a driving force here. Anyone remember when McDaniels ran Denver into the ground?

Flawless argument. Rolling Eyes

He had Amendola for one game I believe.

Wes Welker press conference right now. He said the hardest part was leaving Brady.

^Deadpulse
m haynes

PostPosted: Fri Mar 15, 2013 9:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Deadpulse wrote:
_Oypus wrote:
Quote:
Patriots offensive coordinator Josh McDaniels had Amendola when both were in St. Louis, and some around the league believe McDaniels was a driving force here. Anyone remember when McDaniels ran Denver into the ground?

Belichick definitely lets McDaniels run the show. No question.
And that's what scares me, when a McDaniel's has any say. So far their track record IMO stinks. I remember reading that McDaniels gave rave reveiws on a player his brother coached at Minnesota. Brother claimed he was the next super star. They changed their pick at the last minute and took Maroney. That worked out !!!!

Last edited by m haynes on Fri Mar 15, 2013 9:28 am; edited 1 time in total
nextsuperstar

PostPosted: Fri Mar 15, 2013 9:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

_Oypus wrote:
Quote:

Yes. McDaniels Denver team was in such bad shape it will take them years to reach the playoffs again... Oh wait...
Billy Spikes

PostPosted: Fri Mar 15, 2013 1:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

***Update***
Quote:
Danny Amendola's five-year #Patriots contract is worth $27.7 million not the originally reported, agent-inflated, $31 million.

http://twitter.com/BIG3Sports/statuses/312622463613800448
Tom Brady Tribute
Deadpulse

PostPosted: Sat Mar 16, 2013 1:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

m haynes wrote:
Deadpulse wrote:
_Oypus wrote:
Quote:

And that's what scares me, when a McDaniel's has any say. So far their track record IMO stinks. I remember reading that McDaniels gave rave reveiws on a player his brother coached at Minnesota. Brother claimed he was the next super star. They changed their pick at the last minute and took Maroney. That worked out !!!!

I was being sarcastic.

Sigs
Patriots Red Sox Celtics
PoWww

PostPosted: Sat Mar 16, 2013 1:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Deadpulse wrote:
m haynes wrote:
Deadpulse wrote:
_Oypus wrote:
Quote:

I was being sarcastic.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wkBuUDIydO8

^Deadpulse
PoWww

PostPosted: Mon Mar 18, 2013 3:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Robert Kraft had a lot to say about Welker today:

Quote:
@RapSheet
Robert Kraft says Welker accepted a deal in Denver for less money than Pats offered. Saying Welker's deal in Denver is really 1-year deal

Quote:
@RapSheet
Kraft says Wes Welker says he was their "first choice." Calls Amendola their "alternative." Blames Welker's agent for pricing him too high

Quote:
‏@RapSheet
Kraft says Welker's agent "way over-valued" Wes. Depends on your definition of over-value, I guess. Says that's agent's job. Didnt help Pats

Quote:
@RapSheet
Kraft said the offer to Welker they made would've paid him $8M in the first year. Insinuates Wes may be cut after first year in Denver

^Deadpulse
24isthelaw

PostPosted: Mon Mar 18, 2013 3:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wish he'd just let it go. I did like this nugget though:

Quote:
Ian Rapoport ‏@RapSheet
Robert Kraft says Tom Brady never demanded Wes be signed. Said Brady isn't upset. Also adds, "I don't answer to Tom Brady."

Adopt-a-Patriot: Marcus Forston - Practice squad (0 tackles, 0 sacks)
PatriotsWin!

PostPosted: Mon Mar 18, 2013 4:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

New England isn't suppose to show emotion, shhhh Mr. Kraft!

Mack on the sig
Deadpulse

PostPosted: Mon Mar 18, 2013 6:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

24isthelaw wrote:

Quote:
Ian Rapoport ‏@RapSheet
Robert Kraft says Tom Brady never demanded Wes be signed. Said Brady isn't upset. Also adds, "I don't answer to Tom Brady."

I love that haha

I hope that when Brady retires, Robert Kraft is viewed as the guy people think of when they think of the Patriots. Like an Al Davis or a Jerry Jones.

Sigs
Patriots Red Sox Celtics
Billy Spikes

PostPosted: Mon Mar 18, 2013 9:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

***Update***
Quote:
#Patriots Robert Kraft on Wes Welker's agents: "They overplayed their hand and I think both (Welker) & the Patriots are the losers from it."

http://twitter.com/alexmarvez/statuses/313820324615569411

Quote:
Kraft said #Patriots were willing to pay Welker $8M in 2013, which was more than what he received from #Broncos. @SiriusXMNFL

http://twitter.com/alexmarvez/statuses/313820639226105856

Quote:
You could hear the angst in Kraft's voice when talking about Welker. Sad to see him go but life goes on in New England

http://twitter.com/alexmarvez/statuses/313821228576174081
Tom Brady Tribute
mcmurtry86

PostPosted: Mon Mar 18, 2013 9:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Deadpulse wrote:
24isthelaw wrote:

Quote:
Ian Rapoport ‏@RapSheet

I love that haha

I hope that when Brady retires, Robert Kraft is viewed as the guy people think of when they think of the Patriots. Like an Al Davis or a Jerry Jones.

But when people think of Jones or Davis, it's usually in a mocking way.
NextBigThing

PostPosted: Mon Mar 18, 2013 9:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I love BK, but this idea that "we have restraints" aka a total of $1 million per year just sounds cheap. Sorry, but that is about .8% of your cap You couldn't find another $1 million per year to match? It makes him sound foolish when he says "it takes two sides to make a deal". Not that he's wrong, but to act like they exhausted every resource and he just left anyways bogus. If the pats REALLY wanted WW to stay...everybody with a functioning brain knows they could have coughed up another $1 million per year.
3. Cordarelle Patterson
Past Successes: Dez Bryant, Alshon Jeffrey, Torrey Smith
Future Successes: Sammy Watkins, Rueban Randle
Past Failures:
mcmurtry86

PostPosted: Mon Mar 18, 2013 9:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

NextBigThing wrote:
I love BK, but this idea that "we have restraints" aka a total of $1 million per year just sounds cheap. Sorry, but that is about .8% of your cap You couldn't find another $1 million per year to match? It makes him sound foolish when he says "it takes two sides to make a deal". Not that he's wrong, but to act like they exhausted every resource and he just left anyways bogus. If the pats REALLY wanted WW to stay...everybody with a functioning brain knows they could have coughed up another $1 million per year.

You have to draw the line somewhere. The Pats don't budge often (or ever) from the value they come up for a guy's services. It's how financially disciplined people with limited resources (and the cap is a limiting resource) get by.
NextBigThing

PostPosted: Mon Mar 18, 2013 9:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

mcmurtry86 wrote:
NextBigThing wrote:

You have to draw the line somewhere. The Pats don't budge often (or ever) from the value they come up for a guy's services. It's how financially disciplined people with limited resources (and the cap is a limiting resource) get by.

Oh, I understand all that. It's just...we're not talking Moss or Branch, where they are millions and millions apart. We're talking $1 million per season.
3. Cordarelle Patterson
Past Successes: Dez Bryant, Alshon Jeffrey, Torrey Smith
Future Successes: Sammy Watkins, Rueban Randle
Past Failures:

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> New England Patriots All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 12, 13, 14, 15  Next
Page 13 of 15

Jump to: