Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Broncos sign former Patriots WR Wes Welker to a 2-year deal
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 11, 12, 13, 14  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Denver Broncos
View previous topic :: View next topic  
AnAngryAmerican

PostPosted: Tue Mar 19, 2013 1:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

broncos67 wrote:
Anyway, if you heard Fox today, Gase is apparently running a very up tempo offense (I'm guessing similar to what we saw from NE at times last year.) That would make us very difficult to defend as we have a good blend of technique and speed on the field.

It's gonna be fun this year.

Shocking that Gase, who wouldn't have a job in the NFL if it weren't for Mac, is going to parrot his mentor's approach by copying something that was done in New England.

Sarcasm aside, I think the up-tempo offense could work very well here. We saw how the no-huddle worked this year, but the no-huddle at a faster pace could really give our offense an advantage.

Broncos CSU Rams Rockies Tiger Woods
broncos67

PostPosted: Tue Mar 19, 2013 2:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

AnAngryAmerican wrote:
broncos67 wrote:
Anyway, if you heard Fox today, Gase is apparently running a very up tempo offense (I'm guessing similar to what we saw from NE at times last year.) That would make us very difficult to defend as we have a good blend of technique and speed on the field.

Shocking that Gase, who wouldn't have a job in the NFL if it weren't for Mac, is going to parrot his mentor's approach by copying something that was done in New England.

Sarcasm aside, I think the up-tempo offense could work very well here. We saw how the no-huddle worked this year, but the no-huddle at a faster pace could really give our offense an advantage.

I wouldn't quite say that Mac is his mentor. He brought him aboard as a coach. That doesn't make Gase a bad coach. If that logic holds, we should criticize DT and Decker, but we don't.

Hate NE or not, Belicheck does pioneer some good news ideas. That ultra up tempo offense killed us, and it will kill most teams. I don't care if we use their ideas to beat them. Everyone starts somewhere. Gase playing to this teams strengths shouldn't be held against him because he came in under Mac

Thanks, Tzimisce
jsthomp2007

PostPosted: Tue Mar 19, 2013 2:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

broncos67 wrote:
AnAngryAmerican wrote:
broncos67 wrote:

I wouldn't quite say that Mac is his mentor. He brought him aboard as a coach. That doesn't make Gase a bad coach. If that logic holds, we should criticize DT and Decker, but we don't.

Hate NE or not, Belicheck does pioneer some good news ideas. That ultra up tempo offense killed us, and it will kill most teams. I don't care if we use their ideas to beat them. Everyone starts somewhere. Gase playing to this teams strengths shouldn't be held against him because he came in under Mac

I am not sure if it killed the Broncos; they were a few McGahee fumbles away from winning that game.
AnAngryAmerican

PostPosted: Tue Mar 19, 2013 2:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I was being sarcastic about the Mac thing, 67, just as you were when you said:

broncos67 wrote:
But...but... WELKER IS FROM NEW ENGLAND BURN HIM!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Overall I have my doubts about Gase. Sure this up-tempo thing is a good idea but he has no experience designing game plans and calling plays. Everything looks good on paper but putting it into practice is whole other ball game. He's as green as can be. He is also astoundingly arrogant and I've heard from my source at Dove Valley that he's already rubbed some people the wrong way. Arrogance mixed with inexperience is usually not a good combo.

BroncoinGermany

PostPosted: Tue Mar 19, 2013 2:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

AnAngryAmerican wrote:

broncos67 wrote:

Overall I have my doubts about Gase. Sure this up-tempo thing is a good idea but he has no experience designing game plans and calling plays. Everything looks good on paper but putting it into practice is whole other ball game. He's as green as can be. He is also astoundingly arrogant and I've heard from my source at Dove Valley that he's already rubbed some people the wrong way. Arrogance mixed with inexperience is usually not a good combo.

Uh-oh

Chasing Lombardi and Stanley!
WELTMEISTER 2014 * * * *
by Joe_is_the_best
jsthomp2007

PostPosted: Tue Mar 19, 2013 2:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

^^^First rule to being the Denver Broncos OC...defer everything to Peyton Manning.

Should be the easiest job in the world...

Gase: "what do you want to do Peyton?"
Gase: "Okay, I am cool with that, let's run that play."
Gase: "You know, just run what Peyton wants to run, I will be over at the beer and nacho cart."
broncos67

PostPosted: Tue Mar 19, 2013 2:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

AnAngryAmerican wrote:

broncos67 wrote:

Ehh, we'll see about his arrogance. If his way works, it won't matter. And to be truthful, if he doesn't rub Fox/Elway/Manning the wrong way I don't think it matters much.

Thanks, Tzimisce
broncos67

PostPosted: Tue Mar 19, 2013 2:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

AnAngryAmerican wrote:

broncos67 wrote:

Plus, I personally don't see how he's rubbing people the wrong way. Seems kinda early in the process...we don't even have a complete offseason gone yet.

Thanks, Tzimisce
AnAngryAmerican

PostPosted: Tue Mar 19, 2013 2:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

broncos67 wrote:
AnAngryAmerican wrote:

broncos67 wrote:

Plus, I personally don't see how he's rubbing people the wrong way. Seems kinda early in the process...we don't even have a complete offseason gone yet.

Think the coaching staff is on vacation? They're there at Dove Valley every day working on things. And Gase didn't just arrive. Yes his head got bigger when he was promoted but his arrogance has been a problem since he arrived with Mac a few years ago.

broncos67

PostPosted: Tue Mar 19, 2013 3:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

AnAngryAmerican wrote:
broncos67 wrote:
AnAngryAmerican wrote:

broncos67 wrote:

Think the coaching staff is on vacation? They're there at Dove Valley every day working on things. And Gase didn't just arrive. Yes his head got bigger when he was promoted but his arrogance has been a problem since he arrived with Mac a few years ago.

I mean I guess I just don't necessarily buy it because if he pissed the more important people off he wouldn't be the OC.

Thanks, Tzimisce
Winder23

PostPosted: Tue Mar 19, 2013 3:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

AnAngryAmerican wrote:
broncos67 wrote:
AnAngryAmerican wrote:

broncos67 wrote:

A problem with whom? I know you can't or wouldn't want to reveal a source, but is it really a problem? Why promote someone if there is a presumed or assumed problem witht the rest of the staff? Sounds like maybe your source doesn't like him.
germ-x

PostPosted: Tue Mar 19, 2013 6:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

AnAngryAmerican wrote:
broncos67 wrote:

Why wouldn't he have a job? This doesn't even make sense.
broncos67

PostPosted: Tue Mar 19, 2013 6:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

germ-x wrote:
AnAngryAmerican wrote:
broncos67 wrote:

Why wouldn't he have a job? This doesn't even make sense.

Yeah that's just ridiculous. First of all, he's Joe Vitt's son in law, and Vitt is pretty well respected, bounty-gate aside. That's just a statement made because you hate McDaniels. We get it. We know he was a bad coach. That doesn't make Matt Russell, Adam Gase, Eric Studesville et al...bad people.

If you had a boss who hired you and then ended up being a disaster, would you expect to also be fired if you were good at your job? I guess this means you won't root for any of the following (because based on your anti-McDaniels logic you shouldn't)- Eric Decker, Demaryius Thomas, Zane Beadles

Thanks, Tzimisce
germ-x

PostPosted: Tue Mar 19, 2013 6:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Winder23 wrote:
AnAngryAmerican wrote:
broncos67 wrote:
AnAngryAmerican wrote:

broncos67 wrote:

A problem with whom? I know you can't or wouldn't want to reveal a source, but is it really a problem? Why promote someone if there is a presumed or assumed problem witht the rest of the staff? Sounds like maybe your source doesn't like him.

This doesn't make sense either. If this is true, shame on John Elway and John Fox. Not Adam Gase.

It seems to me that Adam Gase is getting smeared simply because Josh McDaniels hired him.
Winder23

PostPosted: Tue Mar 19, 2013 8:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

germ-x wrote:
Winder23 wrote:
AnAngryAmerican wrote:
broncos67 wrote:
AnAngryAmerican wrote:

broncos67 wrote:

This doesn't make sense either. If this is true, shame on John Elway and John Fox. Not Adam Gase.

It seems to me that Adam Gase is getting smeared simply because Josh McDaniels hired him.
Are you reading between the lines again?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Denver Broncos All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 11, 12, 13, 14  Next
Page 12 of 14

Jump to: