You are currently viewing the old forums. We have upgraded to a new NFL Forum.
This old forum is being left as a read-only archive.
Please update your bookmarks to our new forum at forums.footballsfuture.com.

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Broncos sign former Patriots WR Wes Welker to a 2-year deal
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 15, 16, 17, 18, 19  Next

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> NFL News
View previous topic :: View next topic  
renndawg37

PostPosted: Thu Mar 14, 2013 2:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

IrishGreen wrote:
all your white receivers are belong to broncos

lolll...are belong to us! Somebody set up us the bomb!
Pats#1

PostPosted: Thu Mar 14, 2013 2:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

schulman116 wrote:
JBURGE25 wrote:
FootballProdiG wrote:
Patriots are idiots for getting rid of their biggest offensive weapon. I full expect them to draft Tavon Austin now. That is the only way they will make up for this loss.

Danny Amendola is a cheaper alternative if they can get him.

Gronk/Hernandez are scrubs then? I would say Gronk is a bigger weapon.

But let's just assume that we all know more than Belichick Laughing

Pats just signed Amendola to a 5yr 31mil deal.
(Welker 2yr 12mil w/DEN)

Basically they low balled Welker....so he felt betrayed & signed an average deal to be on a contender with Peyton.

then... NE replaces him with a less talented version of Wes for more money than he took to go to denver. terrrrible.

I guess you didn't hear about Welker going back to the Pats with his DEN offer and asking them to match it so he would stay and they told him "no thanks"?

WE'RE ON TO 2016

Last edited by Pats#1 on Thu Mar 14, 2013 2:58 am; edited 1 time in total
Brown_Mamba

PostPosted: Thu Mar 14, 2013 2:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Anyone else think Billy Spikes might just be Adam Schefner's FF account?

Location: 1st Ballot Eagles HOF 3x Gold Standard 09' /10 '/11' 2X ENBD/Pick em Winner Kiltman on the Sig
PostPosted: Thu Mar 14, 2013 3:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sorry but this Welker deal and the way it went down reminds me of when the Eagles screwed the pooch and low balled Brian Dawkins. If anything the contract they gave Amendola less then two hrs after Welker signed with Denver, supports that. People assuming Amendola will just plug and play, have the same chemistry and similar production with Brady is assinine. Especially given the fact the man can not stay healthy. Pretty sure when Brady intentionally restructured his contract to open up money it was "not" to low ball his safety valve.

17' Bird Watch: QB Carson Wentz: 318Att//61% Comp//2430 Yds//25 TD//5 INT//224 Rush yds//QBR 103.4
SatireSphere

PostPosted: Thu Mar 14, 2013 4:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Welker is going to be really good with Peyton in Denver. Maybe not quite as good as he was in New England in 2007, but I'm sure they will work extremely well together. Draft him in fantasy leagues pretty early.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 14, 2013 4:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

bzane wrote:
Billy Spikes wrote:
Quote:
Welker once bought two hairless rats, threw them into running backs’ meeting room, turned off lights and locked the door from the outside.

http://twitter.com/JeffDarlington/statuses/311999799962501120

Quote:
One time, when circus was in town, Welker filled garbage bag with elephant (stuff) and hid it above ceiling tiles in another meeting room.

http://twitter.com/JeffDarlington/statuses/311999799962501120

Wes Welker once gathered up a sack of live toads, took them one at a time, shoved M-80 firecrackers up convenient orifices, lit the fuses, and lobbed them like hand grenades at the Jets' practice field. What a kidder!

Wes Welker, angered over outrageous predictions by a divisional rival, hired a fleet of trucks to drive up in the night and dump fifty tons of cow manure over Rex Ryan's house. Welker left a note on the outside of the pile saying, "You're in deep doo-doo now!" God, the wit!

Taking advantage of his small stature, Wes Welker once entered the Punt, Pass, and Kick competition as a ringer, handily winning the 12-Year-Olds age group. To add to the fun, at the awards ceremony, Wes sneaked up behind the second-place finisher and pantsed him in front of a national audience, crying "Nerd!" into the microphone.

Oh, those fun-loving receivers!

I laughed so hard at this... it's like Chuck Norris jokes, only Welker is awesomely funny, he's the new Loki.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 14, 2013 5:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The Patriots apparently wanted more consistency in their injuries.
Pats#1

PostPosted: Thu Mar 14, 2013 5:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nabbs4u wrote:
Sorry but this Welker deal and the way it went down reminds me of when the Eagles screwed the pooch and low balled Brian Dawkins. If anything the contract they gave Amendola less then two hrs after Welker signed with Denver, supports that. People assuming Amendola will just plug and play, have the same chemistry and similar production with Brady is assinine. Especially given the fact the man can not stay healthy. Pretty sure when Brady intentionally restructured his contract to open up money it was "not" to low ball his safety valve.

Welker had a very good year his first season in New England when he "didn't have chemistry" with Brady....why should anybody be so sure that they can't do the same thing with Amendola?

The Pats offense is VERY good at getting the slot receiver open. I'm not saying Amendola will do exactly what Welker has done, but Amendola is more athletic and has better hands than Welker, if he can stay healthy, he and the Pats offense will be just fine.

WE'RE ON TO 2016
jrry32

PostPosted: Thu Mar 14, 2013 5:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

nextsuperstar wrote:
Tatupu_64 wrote:
nextsuperstar wrote:
Tatupu_64 wrote:
schulman116 wrote:
JBURGE25 wrote:
FootballProdiG wrote:
Patriots are idiots for getting rid of their biggest offensive weapon. I full expect them to draft Tavon Austin now. That is the only way they will make up for this loss.

(Welker 2yr 12mil w/DEN)

Basically they low balled Welker....so he felt betrayed & signed an average deal to be on a contender with Peyton.

then... NE replaces him with a less talented version of Wes for more money than he took to go to denver. terrrrible.
Amendola will put up almost identical stats to Welker. You can count on it.

Over the length of their respective contracts? Because I could see Amedola meeting Wes's stats if he has 2.5 times as many games.
Ever watched Amendola play? Fantastic hands. I'd say they're probably better than Welker's. Not quite as shifty, but still a very quick player.

In 11 games last year he had 66 catches for 666 yards. Over a 16 game season that's 96 catches for 969 yards.

In 16 games last year Welker had 118 catches for 1,354 yards.

If Amendola had 2.5 times as many games as Welker, he'd have... 240 catches and 2,422 yards last year.

Want to revise that 2.5 number?

Amendola will also be headed to a better offense with a HoF QB and better offensive weapons. He'll have no problem putting up stats.

Obviously a hyperbole. But, as I am sure you know, numbers do necessarily increase expontentially when moving from a bad team with a lousy QB to a great team with a great QB. Wes Welker put up HoF fame numbers when playing with Brandon Llyod, Aaron Hernandez, Gronk, ect. DA put up good numbers playing with Brandon Gibson and Chris Givens. A bad team will still have to throw the ball to someone, in this case they threw the ball to DA.

I firmly believe that DA will have good numbers in Massachusetts. Just like Brandon Llyod had good numbers, but not otherworldly numbers. I do not believe those numbers will meet or exceed what Wes Welker produced in NE or will produce in Denver.

I don't think many people know much about DA. His question is durability. He would have produced 100+ catches and 1000+ yards in 2012 if he was healthy the entire year. If he stays healthy in NE, he'll produce. The issue is that he plays with such reckless abandon that he puts himself in harm's way.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 14, 2013 6:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think this was orchestrated by Gisele Buncheon. Tall supermodels can be very manipulative.

Pats#1

PostPosted: Thu Mar 14, 2013 6:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

svp wrote:
I think this was orchestrated by Gisele Buncheon. Tall supermodels can be very manipulative.

WE'RE ON TO 2016
patsfan25

PostPosted: Thu Mar 14, 2013 8:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

jrry32 wrote:
nextsuperstar wrote:
Tatupu_64 wrote:
nextsuperstar wrote:
Tatupu_64 wrote:
schulman116 wrote:
JBURGE25 wrote:
FootballProdiG wrote:

(Welker 2yr 12mil w/DEN)

Amendola will put up almost identical stats to Welker. You can count on it.

Over the length of their respective contracts? Because I could see Amedola meeting Wes's stats if he has 2.5 times as many games.
Ever watched Amendola play? Fantastic hands. I'd say they're probably better than Welker's. Not quite as shifty, but still a very quick player.

In 11 games last year he had 66 catches for 666 yards. Over a 16 game season that's 96 catches for 969 yards.

In 16 games last year Welker had 118 catches for 1,354 yards.

If Amendola had 2.5 times as many games as Welker, he'd have... 240 catches and 2,422 yards last year.

Want to revise that 2.5 number?

Amendola will also be headed to a better offense with a HoF QB and better offensive weapons. He'll have no problem putting up stats.

Obviously a hyperbole. But, as I am sure you know, numbers do necessarily increase expontentially when moving from a bad team with a lousy QB to a great team with a great QB. Wes Welker put up HoF fame numbers when playing with Brandon Llyod, Aaron Hernandez, Gronk, ect. DA put up good numbers playing with Brandon Gibson and Chris Givens. A bad team will still have to throw the ball to someone, in this case they threw the ball to DA.

I firmly believe that DA will have good numbers in Massachusetts. Just like Brandon Llyod had good numbers, but not otherworldly numbers. I do not believe those numbers will meet or exceed what Wes Welker produced in NE or will produce in Denver.

I don't think many people know much about DA. His question is durability. He would have produced 100+ catches and 1000+ yards in 2012 if he was healthy the entire year. If he stays healthy in NE, he'll produce. The issue is that he plays with such reckless abandon that he puts himself in harm's way.

This. nextsuperstar, it's clear you haven't seen the slightest of DA. And for those throwing out your will to criticize the Pats, if you actually watched Welker, you would have seen how much he declined at the end of the season. He'll be productive with Manning. But Manning hasn't primed that quick release Brady has for Welker over the last 5 seasons. Add in the fact that Welker is wearing down, he won't produce the numbers he's had for the limelight of his career, Patriots or Broncos.

[2015 Adopt-A-Patriot]:#17 - Aaron Dobson
Rec:13 Yards:141 TDs:0

Smack Ink
TheKillerNacho

PostPosted: Thu Mar 14, 2013 8:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Brown_Mamba wrote:

I think we've already established its more likely he's a robot.

Nacho Simulation Football League
Billy Spikes

PostPosted: Thu Mar 14, 2013 8:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

TheKillerNacho wrote:
Brown_Mamba wrote:

How about he's just a guy who is very interested in the news and NFL and is trying to be helpful to the members of the forum he's on?
Tom Brady Tribute
jrry32

PostPosted: Thu Mar 14, 2013 8:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Billy Spikes wrote:
TheKillerNacho wrote:
Brown_Mamba wrote:

How about he's just a guy who is very interested in the news and NFL and is trying to be helpful to the members of the forum he's on?

That can't be it. Maybe a cyborg? Or is he a dragon? Or a vampire?

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> NFL News All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 15, 16, 17, 18, 19  Next
Page 16 of 19

Jump to: