Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Ravens will open 2013 season on the road
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
GBPACKMAN4LIFE

PostPosted: Fri Mar 22, 2013 3:13 pm    Post subject: Ravens will open 2013 season on the road Reply with quote

https://twitter.com/jeffzrebiecsun

Quote:
Orioles say they have explored compromise w/Ravens but they are not changing their Sept. 5 game vs White Sox. Ravens likely to open on road.

Statement from Os: "The Orioles have great respect for the Super Bowl Champion Ravens and thank Major League Baseball, the MLB Players Assoc

and the White Sox for doing everything possible to work with us to explore all options to reschedule the Sept. 5 game. We also appreciate

the work of the NFL and the Ravens over the past several wks as we attempted to accommodate the Ravens' interest in a game the same evening

. Given the limited options available to reschedule the game at that late date in the season, the parties jointly determined that even an

earlier start time would still create such enormouslogistical difficulties that it would greatly diminish the fan experience for both events

The Ravens and NFL are also expected to release statements today. But either way, the Ravens will open up the 2013 season on the road.

MLB pushing around the NFL for the first time ever.

Ravens road opponents in 2013:

Bengals
Browns
Steelers
Bills
Dolphins
Bears
Lions
Broncos

Gotta be Broncos

UPDATE:

Tweet from the Ravens confirms

https://twitter.com/Ravens/status/315179836480057344

Quote:
The #Ravens are going to open the 2013 season on the road on Thursday, Sept. 5 because of a scheduling conflict with the Orioles.

Statement from Greg Aiello, NFL senior VP of communications:

Quote:
“While we are disappointed for the fans in Baltimore, we appreciate the efforts of the Ravens, Orioles and Major League Baseball and understand the logistical problems in trying to schedule the teams on the same day. The Ravens will open the season on the road on Thursday night, September 5, in our annual NFL Kickoff Game on NBC. We are exploring potential fan activities in Baltimore around the Kickoff Game, including a pre-game concert.”

Ernest Hemingway wrote:
My aim is to put down on paper what I see and what I feel in the best and simplest way.

Last edited by GBPACKMAN4LIFE on Fri Mar 22, 2013 3:37 pm; edited 2 times in total
wackywabbit

PostPosted: Fri Mar 22, 2013 3:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Shocked The backlash to the Orioles support in the region will be great. Its not even really their fault, but that's what would happen.
candyman93

Location: The Man, The Myth, The Legend El Ramster on the sig
PostPosted: Fri Mar 22, 2013 3:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hope the Orioles get crushed now.

You have 100+ games, changing one is not going to hurt you that bad. The Ravens earned the right to celebrate with there fans.

sdrawkcab321 wrote:
It'll be a cold day in hell when I read a thread title.
BaltimoreTerp

Most Valuable Poster (4th Ballot)

PostPosted: Fri Mar 22, 2013 3:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

This is a goddamn travesty.

I'm an Orioles fan, but I hope absolutely no one shows up for the game that Thursday. It may not even be all their fault, but I don't really care that much. There's always a way to do more.
"The really important kind of freedom involves attention, and awareness, and discipline, and effort, and being able truly to care about other people and to sacrifice for them, over and over, in myriad petty little unsexy ways, every day.”

Last edited by BaltimoreTerp on Fri Mar 22, 2013 3:19 pm; edited 1 time in total
GBPACKMAN4LIFE

PostPosted: Fri Mar 22, 2013 3:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Tweet from the Ravens confirms

https://twitter.com/Ravens/status/315179836480057344

Quote:
The #Ravens are going to open the 2013 season on the road on Thursday, Sept. 5 because of a scheduling conflict with the Orioles.

Ernest Hemingway wrote:
My aim is to put down on paper what I see and what I feel in the best and simplest way.
TheVillain112

PostPosted: Fri Mar 22, 2013 3:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

candyman93 wrote:

You have 100+ games, changing one is not going to hurt you that bad. The Ravens earned the right to celebrate with there fans.

I like how they say it's enormously difficult to reschedule. Please, all it has to do is rain and they'll reschedule...

chris00cm wrote:
Lavelle Hawkins figures he's already cut, so YOLO.
kmvoss

PostPosted: Fri Mar 22, 2013 3:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wow, how flipping lame is that? Very irritating news.
BaltimoreTerp

PostPosted: Fri Mar 22, 2013 3:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

TheVillain112 wrote:
candyman93 wrote:

I like it's enormously difficult to reschedule. Please all it has to do is rain and they'll reschedule...

All they had to do have a doubleheader on Friday or Saturday. Inconvenience? Yes. And if it was the White Sox who were vetoeing this under all circumstances, I'll bite my tongue. But this just smells like typical bush league Peter Angelos to me.
"The really important kind of freedom involves attention, and awareness, and discipline, and effort, and being able truly to care about other people and to sacrifice for them, over and over, in myriad petty little unsexy ways, every day.”
BaltimoreTerp

I also don't understand why we couldn't have just hosted a Monday Night Football game that week instead. Why do we have to start the season out as defending champs even if it means being on the road?
candyman93

Location: The Man, The Myth, The Legend El Ramster on the sig

BaltimoreTerp wrote:

I'm an Orioles fan, but I hope absolutely no one shows up for the game that Thursday. It may not even be all their fault, but I don't really care that much. There's always a way to do more.

So what happens when the Orioles are in the World Series and need a favor out of the Ravens?

sdrawkcab321 wrote:
It'll be a cold day in hell when I read a thread title.
Dr. Philly

PostPosted: Fri Mar 22, 2013 3:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

This is all on Angelos being Angelos, one of the worst people on earth.

simonwayne wrote:
LeBron has done for the NBA what Teen Mom has done for teenage pregnancies

#JDI
wackywabbit

PostPosted: Fri Mar 22, 2013 3:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

TheVillain112 wrote:
candyman93 wrote:

I like how they say it's enormously difficult to reschedule. Please, all it has to do is rain and they'll reschedule...

[Ted Mosby voice] I'm going to make it rain Cool [/Ted Mosby voice]

... is that show still relevant?
The Third Rider

PostPosted: Fri Mar 22, 2013 3:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Did the Ravens' front office sell their soul for the Super Bowl win? Seems like someone is collecting. Laughing

If you read this I am sorry to say that you just lost 5 seconds of your life that you won't be getting back.*

*Actual time may vary.
TheVillain112

PostPosted: Fri Mar 22, 2013 3:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

wackywabbit wrote:
[Ted Mosby voice] I'm going to make it rain Cool [/Ted Mosby voice]

... is that show still relevant?

I think so but the current season is the suck.

Also I hate the Ravens but for some reason this news is making me upset. Stupid baseball...

chris00cm wrote:
Lavelle Hawkins figures he's already cut, so YOLO.
BaltimoreTerp

PostPosted: Fri Mar 22, 2013 3:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

candyman93 wrote:
BaltimoreTerp wrote:

So what happens when the Orioles are in the World Series and need a favor out of the Ravens?

If somehow the Orioles made the World Series, they would deserve a favor just like the Ravens do as well. I understand that that they're independent entitities and thus the O's are understandably reluctant to do anything that disadvantages them in favor of the Ravens. But in the end, we're talking about an opportunity to ring in an NFL season in Baltimore and celebrate a championship vs. the Orioles playing their 276th game of a never-ending regular season. It's the fans that lose here.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> NFL News All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next
Page 1 of 10

Jump to: