Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Pollard released by Ravens
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Baltimore Ravens
View previous topic :: View next topic  
r_sayle

PostPosted: Wed Mar 13, 2013 11:13 am    Post subject: Pollard released by Ravens Reply with quote

According to PFT the Ravens have cut pollard to.

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2013/03/13/bernard-pollard-ravens-part-ways/

Y are the ravens dismantling this team??
I really don't get this release
Greenlaser86

PostPosted: Wed Mar 13, 2013 11:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

This is getting ridiculous
santiagomn8

PostPosted: Wed Mar 13, 2013 11:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I came here not to complain about the move but to instead say:

Thank You Bernard Pollard for your time in Baltimore you were a great player tough hard hitting and you played like a Raven. I hope where ever you go you have success and you will be missed.

Same goes for Anquan Boldin great leadership tough as nails and it is hard to him go.

while i might not agree with these moves you have to keep faith
#InOzzieWeTrust
clarkfn2284

PostPosted: Wed Mar 13, 2013 12:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Gentleman, I wanted to come in and ask if Pollard can play FS? My Niners are going to be in need of a FS after they have failed to keep Goldson and I love the game that Pollard plays. I just dont know if he has the range and coverage skills to play the FS position.

THoughts?

okie dokie!!! He only had 1200 rec yards at 40, but he clearly isnt as good as it appears.
BaltimoreTerp

Most Valuable Poster (4th Ballot)

PostPosted: Wed Mar 13, 2013 12:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

clarkfn2284 wrote:
Gentleman, I wanted to come in and ask if Pollard can play FS? My Niners are going to be in need of a FS after they have failed to keep Goldson and I love the game that Pollard plays. I just dont know if he has the range and coverage skills to play the FS position.

THoughts?
Pollard would be an absolutely terrible free safety.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 13, 2013 12:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

clarkfn2284 wrote:

THoughts?

Not unless your FS plays like an in-the-box SS. Pollard is good at what he does but he is what he is.
clarkfn2284

PostPosted: Wed Mar 13, 2013 12:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

coordinator0 wrote:
clarkfn2284 wrote:

THoughts?

Not unless your FS plays like an in-the-box SS. Pollard is good at what he does but he is what he is.

Goldson played a lot like a SS, but he had the range of a FS and was able to make plays. Im curious about his range.

okie dokie!!! He only had 1200 rec yards at 40, but he clearly isnt as good as it appears.
draftguru1234

PostPosted: Wed Mar 13, 2013 12:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

clarkfn2284 wrote:
coordinator0 wrote:
clarkfn2284 wrote:

THoughts?

Goldson played a lot like a SS, but he had the range of a FS and was able to make plays. Im curious about his range.

Nope. Pollard is strictly a SS.
coordinator0

PostPosted: Wed Mar 13, 2013 12:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

clarkfn2284 wrote:
coordinator0 wrote:
clarkfn2284 wrote:

THoughts?

He doesn't have any. A lot of us were worried about Reed's potential replacement having enough range to cover up Pollard but that's not a concern anymore. Like I said with Pollard what you see is what you get. He's a physical presence in the secondary that thrives closer to the LOS. If a team signs him to play in space he's going o fail. That's how Houston used him.
Nucky

PostPosted: Wed Mar 13, 2013 1:19 pm    Post subject: ... Reply with quote

This is devastating. Were losing one of the hardest hitting players in the game and a top 3 player on our defense last season. Just for 1 million dollars ? But we sign a bum like David Reed for 1.25 mil a year....ok Confused
"Fellas, I can tolerate arrogance, conceit, greed but self-pity is the one thing that just chaps my a--. We've experienced difficulty, but I will not tolerate, nor be part of, anything resembling self-pity."- Brian Billick
ravens_rool28

PostPosted: Wed Mar 13, 2013 1:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

How much cap space does this free up?

BaltimoreTerp wrote:
Muy Oheribble

SnA ExclusiVe

PostPosted: Wed Mar 13, 2013 1:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ravens_rool28 wrote:

A whopping $1M.

Steve Smith Sr. on Panthers Secondary wrote:
"I'm 35 years old and I ran around those boys like they was schoolyard kids."
BaltimoreTerp

Most Valuable Poster (4th Ballot)

PostPosted: Wed Mar 13, 2013 1:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ravens_rool28 wrote:

Not much. Only about $1 million.

The more I think about it the more I think this was more about feeling they need to upgrade the personnel there at SS than it was necessarily about shedding salary, though to an extent they'll go hand in hand. I think, especially if Reed is gone, that they feel that Pollard will be exposed for his lack of range in coverage. And given that it seems they are going to make a concerted effort to upgrade at defensive line and bring in guys like Canty who can hold up at the point of attack and improve the run defense from the first line of defense, I think that it then becomes more important to have a safety with quickness and range in coverage over an 'extra linebacker' box safety type.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 13, 2013 2:04 pm    Post subject: Re: ... Reply with quote

Nucky wrote:
This is devastating. Were losing one of the hardest hitting players in the game and a top 3 player on our defense last season. Just for 1 million dollars ? But we sign a bum like David Reed for 1.25 mil a year....ok Confused

I don't like the move at face value either but to be honest our D sucked last year. We allowed over 400 yards every game in the playoffs. We were bad everywhere but the redzone which is a great place to be good but none of our Defensive losses mean that much to me cause our defense sucked last year.
SnA ExclusiVe

PostPosted: Wed Mar 13, 2013 2:07 pm    Post subject: Re: ... Reply with quote

bmorecareful wrote:
Nucky wrote:

I don't like the move at face value either but to be honest our D sucked last year. We allowed over 400 yards every game in the playoffs. We were bad everywhere but the redzone which is a great place to be good but none of our Defensive losses mean that much to me cause our defense sucked last year.

Soooooo since we sucked last year, let's take all of our good starters and sell them or let other teams pay them and keep guys like Ed Reed. Meh, I don't agree with that. If Pollard is replaceable right now, Ed Reed needs to be shown the door as well, because Pollard was hands down our best safety last year.

Steve Smith Sr. on Panthers Secondary wrote:
"I'm 35 years old and I ran around those boys like they was schoolyard kids."

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Baltimore Ravens All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 1 of 4

Jump to: