Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Drayton Florence signs 1 year deal
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Carolina Panthers
View previous topic :: View next topic  
atown703

PostPosted: Wed Mar 13, 2013 4:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

1 year deal is good so I hope we didn't spend much

PostPosted: Wed Mar 13, 2013 4:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

This makes little sense to me and I doubt he'll make it to the opening day roster. Injury prone, old, and even in his prime he wasn't that great.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 13, 2013 5:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

CarolinaRoar wrote:

move Dwill cause right now his cap number is more valuable than what ever value he holds.

we'd have to designate him as a june 1st cut to save anything. which means we wouldn't get credit to sign those guys until then... when they will already have teams.

like i said. we aren't grabbing any former pro bowlers who are going to start right away. build depth so all of our backups aren't practice squad guys like doug hogue, anderson russell, mario addison, thomas austin, etc.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 13, 2013 5:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sub par signing but at least our FO knows we need help in our secondary

Can anyone refresh my memory why we released Darius Butler back two years ago? The kid was very young on our team after we scooped him up from the Pats, I though he had a lot of potential
Zithers

PostPosted: Wed Mar 13, 2013 5:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Toughguy77 wrote:
Sub par signing but at least our FO knows we need help in our secondary

Can anyone refresh my memory why we released Darius Butler back two years ago? The kid was very young on our team after we scooped him up from the Pats, I though he had a lot of potential

because he couldn't cover anyone and after they caught it he couldn't tackle them either.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 13, 2013 5:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Zithers wrote:
CarolinaRoar wrote:

move Dwill cause right now his cap number is more valuable than what ever value he holds.

we'd have to designate him as a june 1st cut to save anything. which means we wouldn't get credit to sign those guys until then... when they will already have teams.

like i said. we aren't grabbing any former pro bowlers who are going to start right away. build depth so all of our backups aren't practice squad guys like doug hogue, anderson russell, mario addison, thomas austin, etc.

Then cut him June 1st idc he doesnt really offer much at this point.
james.mcmurry13

PostPosted: Wed Mar 13, 2013 5:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

CarolinaRoar wrote:
Zithers wrote:
CarolinaRoar wrote:

I guess you didn't watch week 17?
CarolinaRoar

PostPosted: Wed Mar 13, 2013 5:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

james.mcmurry13 wrote:
CarolinaRoar wrote:
Zithers wrote:
CarolinaRoar wrote:

I guess you didn't watch week 17?

2 RBs getting paid like that is a no no. His cap space > Dwill as a player.
james.mcmurry13

PostPosted: Wed Mar 13, 2013 6:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

CarolinaRoar wrote:
2 RBs getting paid like that is a no no. His cap space > Dwill as a player.

No disagreement there, but to say he "doesn't offer much" is going too far to me.
shaX 07

PostPosted: Wed Mar 13, 2013 6:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

This is a pointless move. If we resign Munnerlyn, he would continue to be our solid Nickel corner. Norman and Thomas are good rotational guys and #3/4 corners. We need 2 STARTING CBs, and this guy aint a starter.

I really do not understand what we are doing.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 13, 2013 6:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

shaX 07 wrote:
This is a pointless move. If we resign Munnerlyn, he would continue to be our solid Nickel corner. Norman and Thomas are good rotational guys and #3/4 corners. We need 2 STARTING CBs, and this guy aint a starter.

If anything, I think it points to us not addressing corner early in the draft. I'm guessing they'll let Norman/Thomas/Florence/Dockery and then a 4th or 5th round pick battle it out for the corner depth chart.
shaX 07

PostPosted: Wed Mar 13, 2013 6:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

james.mcmurry13 wrote:
shaX 07 wrote:

If anything, I think it points to us not addressing corner early in the draft. I'm guessing they'll let Norman/Thomas/Florence/Dockery and then a 4th or 5th round pick battle it out for the corner depth chart.

If this is true than we will probably go 1-15 this year. Since we were 2-8 when Gamble was starting last year, we should pretty much have a hard time winning anything next year with this laughingstock CB group.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 13, 2013 6:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

shaX 07 wrote:

If this is true than we will probably go 1-15 this year. Since we were 2-8 when Gamble was starting last year, we should pretty much have a hard time winning anything next year with this laughingstock CB group.

we were 1-3 with gamble last year... 6-6 with a bunch of nobodies like josh thomas/norman and james dockery. and captain of course.

you people are overreacting after two days into free agency. and if we lose a ton of games it's because of ron rivera, not our cornerbacks.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 13, 2013 6:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Zithers wrote:
shaX 07 wrote:

we were 1-3 with gamble last year... 6-6 with a bunch of nobodies like josh thomas/norman and james dockery. and captain of course.

you people are overreacting after two days into free agency. and if we lose a ton of games it's because of ron rivera, not our cornerbacks.

^^^^^^
THIS!!! if not for poor game management we could have won 10 games easily last year. So stop over reacting to FA, its not like the panthers have really ever been busy in the FA market.
james.mcmurry13

PostPosted: Wed Mar 13, 2013 6:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If we lose a ton of games, I'd say it will be because of the offense.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Carolina Panthers All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
Page 2 of 3

Jump to: