Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Drayton Florence signs 1 year deal
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Carolina Panthers
View previous topic :: View next topic  
johnydtarheel

PostPosted: Wed Mar 13, 2013 9:47 am    Post subject: Drayton Florence signs 1 year deal Reply with quote

Quote:
09.21 VISIT! After a brief lull this morning, presumably everyone had to get breakfast, Albert Breer comes to us with news that CB Drayton Florence is on his way to Carolina for a physical. Having cut Chris Gamble just before free agency started the Panthers are wafer thin at corner with Josh Thomas their highest graded corner currently on the roster at -1.7 last seaon. Florence struggled to find his best form with the Lions returning in the middle of the season from injury and hasnít had a season coverage grade above zero since 2010 in Buffalo.

https://www.profootballfocus.com/blog/2013/03/13/2013-free-agency-live-blog-day-2/

That normally means ready to sign when taking a physical.

Quote:
Adam Schefter ‏@AdamSchefter
CB Drayton Florence to the Panthers on a 1-yr deal.

Thanks CK

Last edited by johnydtarheel on Wed Mar 13, 2013 4:28 pm; edited 1 time in total
HighPointNCKid

PostPosted: Wed Mar 13, 2013 10:13 am    Post subject: Re: Drayton Florence coming in for physical Reply with quote

johnydtarheel wrote:
Quote:
09.21 VISIT! After a brief lull this morning, presumably everyone had to get breakfast, Albert Breer comes to us with news that CB Drayton Florence is on his way to Carolina for a physical. Having cut Chris Gamble just before free agency started the Panthers are wafer thin at corner with Josh Thomas their highest graded corner currently on the roster at -1.7 last seaon. Florence struggled to find his best form with the Lions returning in the middle of the season from injury and hasnít had a season coverage grade above zero since 2010 in Buffalo.

https://www.profootballfocus.com/blog/2013/03/13/2013-free-agency-live-blog-day-2/

Crap! Welcome to sucking again next year! I hate Marty Hurney!!!
johnydtarheel

PostPosted: Wed Mar 13, 2013 10:21 am    Post subject: Re: Drayton Florence coming in for physical Reply with quote

Crap! Welcome to sucking again next year! I hate Marty Hurney!!![/quote]

SMH how do you come about that if we sign him.

All these teams that are blowing money these first few days will be in cap hell in a couple of years. How did the dream team work out for the Eagles.

You build through the draft and then suplement a few cheaper players in FA.

Thanks CK
Impulser12000

PostPosted: Wed Mar 13, 2013 10:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

meh signing. old and on the downside. gotta hope the young guys step up

CarolinaKitten on the sig
CAROLINA DID NOT DRAFT ARMANTI EDWARDS TO PLAY QB...or at all. Man he sucks
CarolinaRoar

PostPosted: Wed Mar 13, 2013 11:08 am    Post subject: Re: Drayton Florence coming in for physical Reply with quote

HighPointNCKid wrote:
johnydtarheel wrote:
Quote:

Crap! Welcome to sucking again next year! I hate Marty Hurney!!!

Im with you.
atown703

PostPosted: Wed Mar 13, 2013 11:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

nothing flashy, nothing really important either

PostPosted: Wed Mar 13, 2013 11:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

We need a veteran presence for all of our young DBs, this would be a good pickup on that front.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 13, 2013 12:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

boondock wrote:
We need a veteran presence for all of our young DBs, this would be a good pickup on that front.

Winfield would have been a good pickup on this front, stealing Brent Grimes from the falcons would have been a good pickup on this front. This is not a good pickup on this front. Not at all. Lets be serious.
faccda01

PostPosted: Wed Mar 13, 2013 1:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

CarolinaRoar wrote:
boondock wrote:

Winfield would have been a good pickup on this front, stealing Brent Grimes from the falcons would have been a good pickup on this front. This is not a good pickup on this front. Not at all. Lets be serious.

I think we could have done better than Florance, but I agree with boondock that we definitely need some veteran presence in our secondary. Hurney really did screw us over for the next few years.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 13, 2013 2:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

faccda01 wrote:
CarolinaRoar wrote:
boondock wrote:

I think we could have done better than Florance, but I agree with boondock that we definitely need some veteran presence in our secondary. Hurney really did screw us over for the next few years.

Yeah, we could have done better. Florence is not even an average player. Then again, remember that we don't know how he is going to react in Rivera's D, could be a different player.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 13, 2013 2:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

boondock wrote:
faccda01 wrote:
CarolinaRoar wrote:
boondock wrote:

Yeah, we could have done better. Florence is not even an average player. Then again, remember that we don't know how he is going to react in Rivera's D, could be a different player.

We have to hope, somethings got to give in our secondary.
64 Pass TDs
2032 Rush Yards
28 Rush TDs
6 4Q/OT GW Drives
fretgod99

Global Moderator
PostPosted: Wed Mar 13, 2013 2:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

boondock wrote:
I shall remain hopeful, but I'm quite dubious.

MrDrew wrote:
Can somebody give me a good reason there's not a giant statue to fret somewhere?
james.mcmurry13

PostPosted: Wed Mar 13, 2013 4:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Official now. With it being a one year deal, I'm hoping that doesn't mean its all guaranteed, because I don't have any more confidence in him right now than our youngsters.
Zithers

PostPosted: Wed Mar 13, 2013 4:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

CarolinaRoar wrote:
boondock wrote:

You're out of your mind if you think we could afford either of them. This offseason isn't about getting big names. It's about building bottom of the roster and having a good draft.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 13, 2013 5:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Zithers wrote:
CarolinaRoar wrote:
boondock wrote:

You're out of your mind if you think we could afford either of them. This offseason isn't about getting big names. It's about building bottom of the roster and having a good draft.

move Dwill cause right now his cap number is more valuable than what ever value he holds.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Carolina Panthers All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
Page 1 of 3

Jump to: