Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Darrius Heyward-Bey
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> New England Patriots
View previous topic :: View next topic  
BP

PostPosted: Thu Mar 14, 2013 12:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sciz wrote:
BP wrote:
Sounds to me like a more physical, slightly faster, but worse pass catcher than Brandon Lloyd to me, minus the attitude. Why not kick the tires on it if we're releasing Lloyd. Why not.
Not sure slightly is the word I'd use. If we're going by pure 40 times, the difference between DHB and Lloyd is about the same as the difference between Lloyd and Nate Solder Laughing
(Although I know it's not quite that big of a difference on the field.)
yeah i meant like game speed, in terms of that, both are equally dangerous deep threat imo, suggesting of course slight edge might go to dhb
holyghost

PostPosted: Thu Mar 14, 2013 12:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

BP wrote:
Sciz wrote:
BP wrote:
Sounds to me like a more physical, slightly faster, but worse pass catcher than Brandon Lloyd to me, minus the attitude. Why not kick the tires on it if we're releasing Lloyd. Why not.
Not sure slightly is the word I'd use. If we're going by pure 40 times, the difference between DHB and Lloyd is about the same as the difference between Lloyd and Nate Solder Laughing
(Although I know it's not quite that big of a difference on the field.)
yeah i meant like game speed, in terms of that, both are equally dangerous deep threat imo, suggesting of course slight edge might go to dhb

You must not have read what I wrote.
DHB is hella fast. But his hands do not compare to Lloyd's, not if he had 10 hands.

As far as a deep threat, I suggest if you sign him throw him 0 deep balls. He just can't track a ball, and if he does there's 0% chance of him catching it if it is contested. He cannot catch a contested ball. And for some reason, despite his speed, he never seems to be very much open on deep routes. I think CBs reaaallly play back on him for fear of the speed. Because he also seems to get consistently open on the short routes, especially comebacks.

Which is probably the main reason it is by far his best route. Because it's really one of the few or only routes where he can consistently end up catching an uncontested ball. So I think, to simplify, that's really the biggest issue. Between being a body catcher, for whom a comeback is a great route because the ball goes right into the stomach, and unable to catch the contested pass, he just cannot make better use of his superior physical attributes. He's surprisingly a possession receiver with a well rounded game AFA other attributes, in an all pro receivers speed/size combo.

If you could actually get the ball in his hands with a real low drop rate, which is tough to do since he has problems catching most every route, he could be very dangerous in the YAC realm. Along with being quite fast, he is also very tough to take down for a CB. Very tough.

And that's the reason he has a year last year at almost 1k yards. The previous offense recognized his one dimensional game and made good use of it. I think the new regime didn't want to pay that much for a one dimensional WR, and were frustrated by his lack of natural ability and inability to contribute in numerous ways as a pass catcher. Unless you use him consistently in his one bread and butter way he can hurt your offense.
BP

PostPosted: Thu Mar 14, 2013 12:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

you must have forgotten brandon lloyd isnt a true deep threat.
Tzimisce

Most Valuable Poster
PostPosted: Thu Mar 14, 2013 1:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Based on what Raiders fans have said, I no longer have any interest in this guy.

Still think Danario Alexander is a possibility.

BlaqOptic wrote:
I dont care that that little girl was adorable... I'll punch her in the face!
BelichicksBrain

PostPosted: Sat Mar 16, 2013 10:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'd still kick the tires on this kid. Heck, Lloyd came with rep of having incredible hands. They were above average, and he made some spectacular catches, but he also dropped some catchable balls. Lloyd offered zero YAC too.

I like Sanders but not inclined to give up 3rd round pick. Plus, we'd still need someone to stretch the field.
m haynes

PostPosted: Sun Mar 17, 2013 2:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

IMO Everyone is looking at this the wrong way. I don't care if he can't track the ball. All I care about is the speed to go deep and the coverage he takes with him down field. They have to cover him and if they don't Brady will throw a pass where he doesn't have to track, more like a line drive the same type of ball on a comeback.

I don't care if he catches 10 passes as long as he open up the underneath part of the field for our play makers.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cZhKFj4ZjaI

Ok, I have heard all his faults. He can't catch deep pass, track the ball, catch in coverage, and he can only run one route. Well the video shows he has more than enough skill to help the Pats offense. He just what we need.
Example, Have him line up with against Revis and have him take Revis 50 yards down field on every play!!!!!!!!!!
tbperk

PostPosted: Sun Mar 17, 2013 2:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Tzimisce wrote:
Based on what Raiders fans have said, I no longer have any interest in this guy.

The same Raiders fans that said Moss was all done in 2006? On a prove it deal he should be brought in just because the Raiders think he can't play.
TomRalph

PostPosted: Mon Mar 18, 2013 4:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wouldn't mind bringing him in, even if it is just to take the top off to allow Amendola and the TE's to work underneath and intermediate.

I think DHB on a short low-risk, medium reward contract wouldn't do any harm, and doesn't mean we waste a high draft pick on a WR (where I'd rather we spend on D)

PostPosted: Tue Mar 19, 2013 9:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vEGOqFYV6P0
Here's another clip on DHB. Check the clip at 1:35, it shows a catch with him tracking the ball and making catch in coverage. Is he good, maybe not however it not as bad as what I read. Also look how much space the DB give him.
IMO with Brady throwing passes this guy could give us another element in our offense. The real threat of him going deep and the 10 yard out the should be open all day. He would be a great signing if the price is right.
patriotprospect

PostPosted: Tue Mar 19, 2013 9:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

m haynes wrote:
Here's another clip on DHB. Check the clip at 1:35, it shows a catch with him tracking the ball and making catch in coverage. Is he good, maybe not however it not as bad as what I read. Also look how much space the DB give him.
IMO with Brady throwing passes this guy could give us another element in our offense. The real threat of him going deep and the 10 yard out the should be open all day. He would be a great signing if the price is right.

Lol Sergio Brown in this video Laughing Laughing Laughing

Mike Matt 2011 on the sig
x0x wrote:
All hail Bilichick, Brady is a complete product, there's a reason he was picked 199th overall.
m haynes

PostPosted: Tue Mar 19, 2013 10:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

patriotprospect wrote:
m haynes wrote:

Lol Sergio Brown in this video Laughing Laughing Laughing
Funny I notice the same thing

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> New England Patriots All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: