Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Darrius Heyward-Bey
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> New England Patriots
View previous topic :: View next topic  
BelichicksBrain

PostPosted: Wed Mar 13, 2013 8:24 am    Post subject: Darrius Heyward-Bey Reply with quote

What are your thoughts now that the Raiders cut him? Personally, I think I'd like him at the X opposed to Lloyd. DHB was taken way too high by Al Davis but really hasn't had a good QB thus far. Thoughts?
NextBigThing

PostPosted: Wed Mar 13, 2013 11:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Worked out well for us for the last time we snagged a disappointing Raiders receiver! Mr. Green
A sunny disposition is worth more than fortune. Young people should know that it can be cultivated; that the mind like the body can be moved from the shade into sunshine. Thine own reproach alone do fear
BP

PostPosted: Wed Mar 13, 2013 12:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

NextBigThing wrote:
Worked out well for us for the last time we snagged a disappointing Raiders receiver! Mr. Green
Not talking

who knows, liked him a bit coming out but not as a top 10 pick haha. could actually work out if we signed him but he hasn't been convincing during his time in oakland, thats for sure. even with carson palmer throwing him the ball a little in 2011 and all of 2012.
dhunt2402

PostPosted: Wed Mar 13, 2013 12:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I would approve of signing DHB. Concussion issue will probably mean he comes cheap/on a "prove it" type one year deal

Deadpulse on the sig
Tzimisce

Most Valuable Poster
PostPosted: Wed Mar 13, 2013 12:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'd kick the tires for sure. He was very raw in his first two years but appears to have found a niche within the Raiders' offense. Wasn't worth a top-10 pick but could definitely help stretch the field here.

BlaqOptic wrote:
I dont care that that little girl was adorable... I'll punch her in the face!
ChazStandard

PostPosted: Wed Mar 13, 2013 1:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Tzimisce wrote:
I'd kick the tires for sure. He was very raw in his first two years but appears to have found a niche within the Raiders' offense. Wasn't worth a top-10 pick but could definitely help stretch the field here.

According to all the Raiders fans in NFL gen he's a minimal deep threat because he can't track the ball in the air. Very good YAC guy though. Handy for trying to get our screen game back to what it was a few years ago.

Adopt-a-Pat 2014: Robert Gronkowski TE
Rec: 8 Yards: 72 TDs: 1
Tzimisce

Most Valuable Poster
PostPosted: Wed Mar 13, 2013 1:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ChazStandard wrote:
Tzimisce wrote:

According to all the Raiders fans in NFL gen he's a minimal deep threat because he can't track the ball in the air. Very good YAC guy though. Handy for trying to get our screen game back to what it was a few years ago.
That's good to know. Can he go across the middle, though?

BlaqOptic wrote:
I dont care that that little girl was adorable... I'll punch her in the face!
ChazStandard

PostPosted: Wed Mar 13, 2013 1:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Tzimisce wrote:
ChazStandard wrote:
Tzimisce wrote:

I have no idea...but, given what happened last time I saw him do it, I'd forgive him for collapsing into a blubbering wreck of a man at the mere suggestion.

Adopt-a-Pat 2014: Robert Gronkowski TE
Rec: 8 Yards: 72 TDs: 1
24isthelaw

PostPosted: Wed Mar 13, 2013 1:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Tzimisce wrote:
ChazStandard wrote:
Tzimisce wrote:

He could. I don't know if he can now. That injury was scary in real time.

Adopt-a-Patriot: Marcus Forston - Practice squad (0 tackles, 0 sacks)
NextBigThing

PostPosted: Wed Mar 13, 2013 2:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

He can track the ball in the air just fine, he has been catching passes from jamarcus Russell and carson palmer. On a cheap deal, he would be a great addition
A sunny disposition is worth more than fortune. Young people should know that it can be cultivated; that the mind like the body can be moved from the shade into sunshine. Thine own reproach alone do fear
cochise

PostPosted: Wed Mar 13, 2013 9:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

NextBigThing wrote:
He can track the ball in the air just fine, he has been catching passes from jamarcus Russell and carson palmer. On a cheap deal, he would be a great addition

I completely agree. He was really starting to come on before the injury last year.
adesilva

PostPosted: Wed Mar 13, 2013 9:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Depending on what kind of market he has I would certainly be interested in bringing him in ( even if he ends up getting cut in camp). A couple years ago I remember him having some big games before getting injured.
holyghost

PostPosted: Wed Mar 13, 2013 11:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Tzimisce wrote:
ChazStandard wrote:
Tzimisce wrote:

What he can do:

One of the best YAC guys around. Very tough to tackle. Does not get hurt, heals quickly when he does. Excellent on the comeback route. Works hard, blocks hard in the run game. One of the best end around WRs around, not done often enough but he is incredible coming around the corner.

What he cannot do:

No deep balls. Comeback route he is great with, all others not great. Bad ball skills and hands. He's basically a one route player, somewhat one dimensional with plenty of side attributes. As a WR, very limited. The rest of his game is solid. The more you use him outside of his comfort zone, the more you simply waste those plays throwing to him. No ability to fight for the ball when challenged. But on a comeback he can get open often and unchallenged.
BP

PostPosted: Thu Mar 14, 2013 12:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sounds to me like a more physical, slightly faster, but worse pass catcher than Brandon Lloyd to me, minus the attitude. Why not kick the tires on it if we're releasing Lloyd. Why not.
Sciz

PostPosted: Thu Mar 14, 2013 12:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

BP wrote:
Sounds to me like a more physical, slightly faster, but worse pass catcher than Brandon Lloyd to me, minus the attitude. Why not kick the tires on it if we're releasing Lloyd. Why not.
Not sure slightly is the word I'd use. If we're going by pure 40 times, the difference between DHB and Lloyd is about the same as the difference between Lloyd and Nate Solder Laughing
(Although I know it's not quite that big of a difference on the field.)

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> New England Patriots All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: