Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Titans shopping WR Nate Washington, Wants release
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Tennessee Titans
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Dionysus

PostPosted: Thu Mar 14, 2013 9:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I can understand the need for upgrading and even looking for younger talent, but this move really hurts my heart and I feel bad for Nate. He's currently our best receiver compared to the others. Wright's still coming along, Britt can't stay healthy or out of trouble, Williams is too inconsistent, Hawkins is still trying to get PT, and Mariani's...well you fill in the blanks. I know he's not the only one this has been happening to, but still I just hate that he's being blindsided with this.
justing101

PostPosted: Thu Mar 14, 2013 9:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

No one is going to trade for Nate and now he will probably be upset at the FO and will end of being released eventually.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 14, 2013 9:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't hate Nate... (hehe that rhymes)...

But it's how great teams go at times....they make cold moves at times and don't hesitate to improve if they see the chance..

Now I don't know think Brandon Gibson is an immediate upgrade over Washington, but hard to say Amendola or Welker wouldn't be.

I like the mentality of the front office of saying, if we feel there is a better option out there, we are going to go get them.

Nate was a warrior two years ago, his career year. He made some real clutch catches.

Now the negative, he has been known to disappear for stretches. He never became the field stretcher I thought we signed. Never became the deep threat.
Our QB play hasn't been great so maybe that factors into his stuggles. But he couldn't get seperation at times and just was disappointing.

So i understand the looking into other WRs. Between Britt, Williams and Washington our WR core hasn't lived up to expectations.
Iceman88

PostPosted: Thu Mar 14, 2013 9:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Honestly i would take what ever someone offers, if we get a late 7th for him I am game because in this draft we could get a solid player in the 7th

Props to Kempes ^
VY-FTW

PostPosted: Thu Mar 14, 2013 10:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

This makes me sad Crying or Very sad

I get why we tried to upgrade and I get why he wants to leave...But hes still one of my fav titans...

CalhounLambeau on the sig!

Adopt-A-Titan:
-Nate "The Great" Washington
Rec: 12 Yds: 160 TD: 0
-Ryan Succop
FG: 9/11 Long: 47
RuskieTitan

PostPosted: Thu Mar 14, 2013 10:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

VY-FTW wrote:

I get why we tried to upgrade and I get why he wants to leave...But hes still one of my fav titans...

Personally, I don't really like Welker, he's a product of the system and having a HOF quarterback throw to him, which is why it was good for him to join Manning.

As a result... Nate has frustrated me at times, but he's also shown absolute brilliance with big plays, and he's actually been the most consistent receiver we've had the past few seasons. I'm rather disappointed how these turn of events have unfolded, and given that it is obvious we will not have him this upcoming season, potentially with nothing to show for it, reminds me of the Manning debacle we had last year.

^^ryknowssd^^
Supporter of the Death Penalty in CFB
FF Hunger Games I Winner

titans0021 wrote:
Official Order
1.Michael Griffin

#JDI
KingTitan

PostPosted: Thu Mar 14, 2013 10:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

RuskieTitan wrote:
VY-FTW wrote:

Personally, I don't really like Welker, he's a product of the system and having a HOF quarterback throw to him, which is why it was good for him to join Manning.

As a result... Nate has frustrated me at times, but he's also shown absolute brilliance with big plays, and he's actually been the most consistent receiver we've had the past few seasons. I'm rather disappointed how these turn of events have unfolded, and given that it is obvious we will not have him this upcoming season, potentially with nothing to show for it, reminds me of the Manning debacle we had last year.

How is this comparable to Manning?

We will have Washington or a replacement? Unlike with Manning where we had him or nothing.

Washington is good WR. But isn't irreplaceable.

I'm not trying to hate on Nate, but I'm not going to act like he is untouchable either.
RuskieTitan

PostPosted: Thu Mar 14, 2013 11:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

KingTitan wrote:
RuskieTitan wrote:
VY-FTW wrote:

We will have Washington or a replacement? Unlike with Manning where we had him or nothing.

I'm not trying to hate on Nate, but I'm not going to act like he is untouchable either.

Comparable to Manning in the sense that Bud Adams went all-in to get him, and we didn't pursue other FAs as a result.

Here, we went after Welker and in anticipation planned on releasing Washington. We didn't get Welker, and now we may lose Washington as a result.

^^ryknowssd^^
Supporter of the Death Penalty in CFB
FF Hunger Games I Winner

titans0021 wrote:
Official Order
1.Michael Griffin

#JDI
lamont

PostPosted: Thu Mar 14, 2013 11:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

RuskieTitan wrote:
KingTitan wrote:
RuskieTitan wrote:
VY-FTW wrote:

Comparable to Manning in the sense that Bud Adams went all-in to get him, and we didn't pursue other FAs as a result.

Here, we went after Welker and in anticipation planned on releasing Washington. We didn't get Welker, and now we may lose Washington as a result.

Even if they end up keeping Nate after this, I think he will be a professional about it. He will lick his wounds and be a leader. Everyone is on notice at BSP. Munch said yesterday in presser that even CJ may see a reduction in playing time to Greene, if that week's matchup warrants it. Nate now knows he is untouchable and so do the rest of the guys that are stealing Bud's money. Looking at you #33. Rolling Eyes

**The #1 reason the Titans are my favorite team is #9. -- R.I.P Steve "Air" McNair**
Shout out to NS922 on da sig
Ockham

PostPosted: Thu Mar 14, 2013 11:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Iceman88 wrote:
Honestly i would take what ever someone offers, if we get a late 7th for him I am game because in this draft we could get a solid player in the 7th

Sheesh.

stallyns wrote:
Cortland Finnegan signs with the Rams, the division just got classier.
Ockham

PostPosted: Thu Mar 14, 2013 11:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

UTMoc10 wrote:
lamont wrote:
Dionysus wrote:
derekfelty wrote:
Why nate? It should be kenny on the trade block. Nate has done great for us when kenny was in jail. If we do lose nate, then greg could be a good pick up for us.

I was wondering the same thing? Why Nate? Why not shop Britt or Williams?

I would tend to agree. Also why isn't Hawk on the chopping block also? He got an extension last offseason and he was inactive more than he was active in 2012. Go figure. Rolling Eyes

I imagine he'll be cut in camp. Cutting him now wouldn't save us much money on the cap and it gives us a little protection if another guy were to get injured in camp/preseason.

Cutting Hawkins will cost us a lot of dead money. We guaranteed a big chunk.

stallyns wrote:
Iceman88

PostPosted: Thu Mar 14, 2013 11:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ockham wrote:
Iceman88 wrote:

Sheesh.

Why do you always have a problem with stuff that I say? If you had the choice to trade Nate for a 7th or cut him which would you do? Right you would just cut him. He is not happy here so we dug our own grave by shopping him, we need to move him.

Props to Kempes ^
Iceman88

PostPosted: Thu Mar 14, 2013 11:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ockham wrote:
UTMoc10 wrote:
lamont wrote:
Dionysus wrote:
derekfelty wrote:
Why nate? It should be kenny on the trade block. Nate has done great for us when kenny was in jail. If we do lose nate, then greg could be a good pick up for us.

I would tend to agree. Also why isn't Hawk on the chopping block also? He got an extension last offseason and he was inactive more than he was active in 2012. Go figure. Rolling Eyes

I imagine he'll be cut in camp. Cutting him now wouldn't save us much money on the cap and it gives us a little protection if another guy were to get injured in camp/preseason.

So you would rather pay a guy who is barely playing $2.5M next season or cut him and create $1.2M in cap room. Yea lets keep him. Rolling Eyes

Props to Kempes ^
Ockham

PostPosted: Thu Mar 14, 2013 11:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Iceman88 wrote:
Ockham wrote:
UTMoc10 wrote:
lamont wrote:
Dionysus wrote:
derekfelty wrote:

So you would rather pay a guy who is barely playing $2.5M next season or cut him and create $1.2M in cap room. Yea lets keep him. Rolling Eyes

I assume they thought he could play or they wouldn't have given him the contract. Use him. If you cut him, you are paying him 667k for the next two years to play for someone else. If he sucks, then the GM screwed up.

But no worries. According to your theory, starting WR's are found in abundance in the 7th round in this year's draft. LOL

Iceman88 wrote:

If you had the choice to trade Nate for a 7th or cut him which would you do? Right you would just cut him. He is not happy here so we dug our own grave by shopping him, we need to move him.

That's not the only two choices. You tell him to suck it up and be a professional.

stallyns wrote:
Iceman88

PostPosted: Thu Mar 14, 2013 12:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ockham wrote:
Iceman88 wrote:
Ockham wrote:
UTMoc10 wrote:
lamont wrote:
Dionysus wrote:
derekfelty wrote:

I assume they thought he could play or they wouldn't have given him the contract. Use him. If you cut him, you are paying him 667k for the next two years to play for someone else. If he sucks, then the GM screwed up.

But no worries. According to your theory, starting WR's are found in abundance in the 7th round in this year's draft. LOL

So what your saying is that we should play a guy that is horrible just to see if he can play, instead of giving another younger player a chance.

Also I never said that starting WRs are routinely found in the 7th but I am saying this draft is so much deeper than others that quality players can still be gotten in the 7th and I would rather have an extra 7th than just out right cut Wash. But your theory seems to be lets keep the useless players on the roster and try and play them because if we dont its the GMs fault. So lets start Amano at the other guard spot because it will cost us $2.9M to cut him and that is not worth the almost $4M it will save us. And lets forgo the later rounds of the draft since they are useless.

Quote:

That's not the only two choices. You tell him to suck it up and be a professional.

And this is why you will never be working in a FO. You alienate your players they are not going to want to play for you. So by your theory we should keep Nate around at $4M and when he plays badly we should tell him to suck it up. Rolling Eyes

Props to Kempes ^

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Tennessee Titans All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
Page 4 of 5

Jump to: