Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Bryant signs with Browns
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Oakland Raiders
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Keanun__

PostPosted: Wed Mar 13, 2013 6:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Baggabonez wrote:
Keanun__ wrote:
Silver&Black88 wrote:
Keanun__ wrote:
Baggabonez wrote:
Keanun__ wrote:
The Browns don't even need a defensive end either. They have Taylor, Rubin, and Hughs. They're paying him all that money to be among 3 other guys. Great job as always Browns.

They switching fronts and some of those are miscast? idk

I only named the people who fit in the 3-4. Bryant doesn't even fit the 3-4 so he is the miscast here.

You don't think he could play 5T?

They have John Hughs to play RDE. Hughs is a promising young talent who has experience in the 3-4. Phil Taylor at LDE is younger and more physical and ready for the 3-4 than Bryant is. They already have their d-line set, they didn't need to pay this decent DT all this money.

I thought Taylor is supposed to be the NT?

It's Rubin or Taylor and the other will be LDE.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 13, 2013 6:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

DaWg_LB. wrote:
Keanun__ wrote:
The Browns don't even need a defensive end either. They have Taylor, Rubin, and Hughs. They're paying him all that money to be among 3 other guys. Great job as always Browns.

You SERIOUSLY want to say something like that after the Carson Palmer trade.....AND the Richard Seymore trade....The Darius Heyward Bay pick?........ummm in comparison over the past 5 who would you say has made the better moves and drafted better Raiders or Clev?.....now remember the Browns have the 2nd most cap money in the NFL this year, have a franchise RB, Top 3 LT in the NFL and potential #1 Wr.....We have a #1 shutdown CB, a solid Dline and a potential #1 pass rusher this year (Kruger)......it looks like the Browns are finally getting it right.....

2007-2012 1rst round Draft picks
Oak
07- Jamarcus Russle (not in NFL)
08- Darren McFadden (Cant stay healthy)
09- DHB (Released)
10- Rolando McClain (Bust??)
11- No selection (Richard Seymore:URFA)
12- No selection (Carson Palmer:Soon to be released?)

Clev
07- Joe Thomas (Top 3 LT in NFL)
07- Brady Quinn (QB KC)
08- no selection (Trade in 07 to move up to get Quinn)
09- Alex Mack (Top 5 C in NFL)
10- Joe Haden (Top 10 CB in NFL)
11- Phil Taylor
12- Trent Richardson
12- Brandon Weeden (extra selection picked up from ATL)

Just sayin......

Talk about overreaction. I didn't even say the Raiders were good.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 13, 2013 7:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

[quote="DaWg_LB."] Hotep Raiders Fans,
Browns fan here, came over to get some info on our new signing.
He is being signed to start at one of our 5 tech positions.....new DC Ray Horton sees similarities between this Desmond Bryant and Calais Campbel....he is being paid to start in our 3-4.
There is some debate right now between does Phil Taylor start at NT or DE....and in all honesty the way he played last year, Phil Taylor can start at ANY POSITION on the ENTIRE line no matter what front your in...Tuba has already proven to be able to get 80+ tackles and multiple sacks playing in a 3-4 D (2010)...so he is odds on favorite to play the NT right now....Its still being debated by the coaching staff.

From hearing fans here, maybe we did overpay..but 92 tackles + 11.5 sacks and 30+ QB pressures from a 6-6 311llb DT/DE in only 18 starts....we'll take it.....

And as one of the Raiders Faithful in here pointed it out....this contract is front loaded....we still have millions to spend to get to NFL/NFLPA CBA mandated salary floor, this contract is front loaded and if he does not perform up to snuff, we will be able to release him in a year or two with not to much sweat.......no if he continues to improve like a lot of the football experts suggest, then he's a bargain in years 3 and 4.....
NFL network had him ranked at the #2 DT available...the #1 DT was Seymore who is on the wrong side of 33......the market would dictate a contract about that size for the #1 DT in FA who is 27 years or younger....

also dosent seem like the Browns were the only ones interested..
http://bostonglobe.com/sports/2013/03/12/patriorts-lose-out-desmond-bryant/UIu9n3oEZ2EPhvUoEYYZMK/story.html

Thanks for letting a Browns fan post.[/quote]
Dez is a good player, versatile and a solid pass rusher. He has never been a consistent starter and is way overpaid but its a decent move from the Browns. However the Calaius Campbell comparison is off. Campbell is a lightyears better athlete than Dez.
That is no real slight on Dez, just CC is a beast

Allen said he would play the hot hand, in what world is McFadden's hand hot?

He touched Dennis Allen's seat before the game.
Joe Nobody

PostPosted: Thu Mar 14, 2013 3:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

This one hurt. Wheeler, too.

But, at least these guys locked us in to at least one prime comp pick. Probably a 4th rounder, if not two.
oakdb36

PostPosted: Thu Mar 14, 2013 6:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

91jmay wrote:
Campbell is a lightyears better athlete than Dez.

What makes you say that?
Keanun__

PostPosted: Thu Mar 14, 2013 10:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

oakdb36 wrote:
91jmay wrote:

What makes you say that?

One he is more athletic, two he can line up anywhere on the d-line, and three he is significantly better then Bryant. Campbell blocks kicks, plays well in coverage, pass rushes and stuffs the run. He's everything you want in a defensive lineman.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 14, 2013 10:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Keanun__ wrote:
oakdb36 wrote:
91jmay wrote:

What makes you say that?

One he is more athletic, two he can line up anywhere on the d-line, and three he is significantly better then Bryant. Campbell blocks kicks, plays well in coverage, pass rushes and stuffs the run. He's everything you want in a defensive lineman.

So my question is how is he more athletic?
OakRaiders3828

PostPosted: Thu Mar 14, 2013 11:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

oakdb36 wrote:
Keanun__ wrote:
oakdb36 wrote:
91jmay wrote:

What makes you say that?

This. Bryant is roughly the same size, just an inch or two shorter but same weight. Ran a faster 40, had a higher vertical and longer long jump, way more bench reps, a faster 3 cone and a faster 20 yard shuttle. He can line up anywhere on the D line as well.
Roninho

PostPosted: Thu Mar 14, 2013 11:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Joe Nobody wrote:

But, at least these guys locked us in to at least one prime comp pick. Probably a 4th rounder, if not two.

No it doesnt. If we had the money and spend $ 12 million a year on Bryant and Wheeler i'd be seriously upset.

The only thing that hurt us is that our new FO didn't manage to sign Wheeler to a longer contract last year.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 14, 2013 2:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

OakRaiders3828 wrote:
oakdb36 wrote:
Keanun__ wrote:
oakdb36 wrote:
91jmay wrote:

What makes you say that?

This. Bryant is roughly the same size, just an inch or two shorter but same weight. Ran a faster 40, had a higher vertical and longer long jump, way more bench reps, a faster 3 cone and a faster 20 yard shuttle. He can line up anywhere on the D line as well.

Campbell's numbers arent amazing (although he is 3 inches taller, heavier) but when you watch him play he is a special. I thought Cards fans overhyped him so i focused on him and i was blown away. The way he blocks kicks shows how athletic he is
Also comparing combine to Pro Day numbers is unfair. Hardest as accurately measured.

Allen said he would play the hot hand, in what world is McFadden's hand hot?

He touched Dennis Allen's seat before the game.
Keanun__

PostPosted: Thu Mar 14, 2013 5:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

91jmay wrote:
OakRaiders3828 wrote:
oakdb36 wrote:
Keanun__ wrote:
oakdb36 wrote:
91jmay wrote:

What makes you say that?

Campbell's numbers arent amazing (although he is 3 inches taller, heavier) but when you watch him play he is a special. I thought Cards fans overhyped him so i focused on him and i was blown away. The way he blocks kicks shows how athletic he is
Also comparing combine to Pro Day numbers is unfair. Hardest as accurately measured.

He also plays well in coverage which is crazy for someone his size.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 14, 2013 7:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Roninho wrote:
Joe Nobody wrote:

No it doesnt. If we had the money and spend $ 12 million a year on Bryant and Wheeler i'd be seriously upset.

The only thing that hurt us is that our new FO didn't manage to sign Wheeler to a longer contract last year.

I would like to think McKenzie knows the Raiders are a few years away and he's stockpiling picks (both draft & compensatory). Imo, that's what the 1yr FAs are meant to do. Buy cheap sell high.

Bonez wrote:
Teams that win Superbowls and make the playoffs aren't picking in the Top 5, clearly
oakdb36

PostPosted: Thu Mar 14, 2013 7:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Baggabonez wrote:
Roninho wrote:
Joe Nobody wrote:

I would like to think McKenzie knows the Raiders are a few years away and he's stockpiling picks (both draft & compensatory). Imo, that's what the 1yr FAs are meant to do. Buy cheap sell high.

We wanted to re-sign Wheeler.
Baggabonez

PostPosted: Thu Mar 14, 2013 7:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

oakdb36 wrote:
Baggabonez wrote:
Roninho wrote:
Joe Nobody wrote:

We wanted to re-sign Wheeler.

I'm sure McKenzie would resign anyone of those willing to play for what they are actually worth. If not I'm more than happy with the comp.

Bonez wrote:
Teams that win Superbowls and make the playoffs aren't picking in the Top 5, clearly

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Oakland Raiders All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4
Page 4 of 4

Jump to: