Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

 FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Bryant signs with Browns
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
 
Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Oakland Raiders
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Author Message
TiberiusRising


Joined: 03 Jan 2008
Posts: 8911
PostPosted: Wed Mar 13, 2013 9:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Silver&Black88 wrote:


From the NFL News thread Laughing

lol that is great.

Guess that answer the question if his arrest will kill his value in FA. If it did I wonder if he would have got more.

Also all these contracts on the Browns leads me to believe that Lombardi shares a lot of the blame with AD for some of those old contracts and decisions.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
oakdb36


Joined: 02 Mar 2006
Posts: 14293
PostPosted: Wed Mar 13, 2013 9:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

TiberiusRising wrote:
Silver&Black88 wrote:


From the NFL News thread Laughing

lol that is great.

Guess that answer the question if his arrest will kill his value in FA. If it did I wonder if he would have got more.

Also all these contracts on the Browns leads me to believe that Lombardi shares a lot of the blame with AD for some of those old contracts and decisions.


Actually, a Brown fan brought up a very valid point. The Browns have to reach the cap spending threshold. i don't know what the details of his contract are but chances are it's front loaded and they can easily get rid of him later if he doesn't play up to it. The Raiders had cap room but they weren't in position to offer front loaded contracts. But the per year is still way too much imo.
_________________
Plush wrote:
Papa was a trolling stone
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Keanun__


Joined: 08 Apr 2012
Posts: 272
Location: Los Angeles, California
PostPosted: Wed Mar 13, 2013 10:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Baggabonez wrote:
Keanun__ wrote:
The Browns don't even need a defensive end either. They have Taylor, Rubin, and Hughs. They're paying him all that money to be among 3 other guys. Great job as always Browns.


They switching fronts and some of those are miscast? idk


I only named the people who fit in the 3-4. Bryant doesn't even fit the 3-4 so he is the miscast here.
_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Silver&Black88


Joined: 24 Feb 2009
Posts: 33516
Location: Boston, MA
PostPosted: Wed Mar 13, 2013 10:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Keanun__ wrote:
Baggabonez wrote:
Keanun__ wrote:
The Browns don't even need a defensive end either. They have Taylor, Rubin, and Hughs. They're paying him all that money to be among 3 other guys. Great job as always Browns.


They switching fronts and some of those are miscast? idk


I only named the people who fit in the 3-4. Bryant doesn't even fit the 3-4 so he is the miscast here.


You don't think he could play 5T?
_________________

CrapTakula wrote:
Cleveland steamer?

make sure you wash well.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
oakdb36


Joined: 02 Mar 2006
Posts: 14293
PostPosted: Wed Mar 13, 2013 10:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Keanun__ wrote:
Baggabonez wrote:
Keanun__ wrote:
The Browns don't even need a defensive end either. They have Taylor, Rubin, and Hughs. They're paying him all that money to be among 3 other guys. Great job as always Browns.


They switching fronts and some of those are miscast? idk


I only named the people who fit in the 3-4. Bryant doesn't even fit the 3-4 so he is the miscast here.


Bryant seems to be a good fit at 34 end.
_________________
Plush wrote:
Papa was a trolling stone
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Silver&Black88


Joined: 24 Feb 2009
Posts: 33516
Location: Boston, MA
PostPosted: Wed Mar 13, 2013 10:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

oakdb36 wrote:
Keanun__ wrote:
Baggabonez wrote:
Keanun__ wrote:
The Browns don't even need a defensive end either. They have Taylor, Rubin, and Hughs. They're paying him all that money to be among 3 other guys. Great job as always Browns.


They switching fronts and some of those are miscast? idk


I only named the people who fit in the 3-4. Bryant doesn't even fit the 3-4 so he is the miscast here.


Bryant seems to be a good fit at 34 end.


That's what I was getting at. He played UT well and even was decent at 4-3 RE so I don't know how he is a bad idea at 3-4 DE
_________________

CrapTakula wrote:
Cleveland steamer?

make sure you wash well.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Dreadymatt


Joined: 05 Feb 2010
Posts: 1039
Location: Saturn
PostPosted: Wed Mar 13, 2013 10:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

either way, he was a young UDFA who we nurtured and shown a little, but nowhere near enough to warrant that hype - got a terrible feeling the Browns believed the hype on this kid
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Keanun__


Joined: 08 Apr 2012
Posts: 272
Location: Los Angeles, California
PostPosted: Wed Mar 13, 2013 10:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Silver&Black88 wrote:
Keanun__ wrote:
Baggabonez wrote:
Keanun__ wrote:
The Browns don't even need a defensive end either. They have Taylor, Rubin, and Hughs. They're paying him all that money to be among 3 other guys. Great job as always Browns.


They switching fronts and some of those are miscast? idk


I only named the people who fit in the 3-4. Bryant doesn't even fit the 3-4 so he is the miscast here.


You don't think he could play 5T?


They have John Hughs to play RDE. Hughs is a promising young talent who has experience in the 3-4. Phil Taylor at LDE is younger and more physical and ready for the 3-4 than Bryant is. They already have their d-line set, they didn't need to pay this decent DT all this money.
_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Nodisrespect


Joined: 28 Nov 2009
Posts: 3919
Location: in the present
PostPosted: Wed Mar 13, 2013 10:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

he was pretty good, lets not act like he sucks. But this is business.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
oakdb36


Joined: 02 Mar 2006
Posts: 14293
PostPosted: Wed Mar 13, 2013 10:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Silver&Black88 wrote:

That's what I was getting at. He played UT well and even was decent at 4-3 RE so I don't know how he is a bad idea at 3-4 DE


Yeah, he's a tall guy with long arms and enough agility to provide a pass rush from the position. The Browns plan to have 2 run pluggers in Taylor and Rubin next to him, which would give him from freedom to attack the QB.

Btw, the Browns are after TE Fred Davis now.
_________________
Plush wrote:
Papa was a trolling stone
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
oakdb36


Joined: 02 Mar 2006
Posts: 14293
PostPosted: Wed Mar 13, 2013 10:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Keanun__ wrote:

They have John Hughs to play RDE.


Hughes is less of a fit than Bryant at the position. He's more of a 43 DT.
_________________
Plush wrote:
Papa was a trolling stone
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Baggabonez


Joined: 29 Apr 2010
Posts: 5944
Location: RaiderNation
PostPosted: Wed Mar 13, 2013 11:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Keanun__ wrote:
Silver&Black88 wrote:
Keanun__ wrote:
Baggabonez wrote:
Keanun__ wrote:
The Browns don't even need a defensive end either. They have Taylor, Rubin, and Hughs. They're paying him all that money to be among 3 other guys. Great job as always Browns.


They switching fronts and some of those are miscast? idk


I only named the people who fit in the 3-4. Bryant doesn't even fit the 3-4 so he is the miscast here.


You don't think he could play 5T?


They have John Hughs to play RDE. Hughs is a promising young talent who has experience in the 3-4. Phil Taylor at LDE is younger and more physical and ready for the 3-4 than Bryant is. They already have their d-line set, they didn't need to pay this decent DT all this money.


I thought Taylor is supposed to be the NT?
_________________
Nodisrespect on building inside out wrote:
teams without highly draft DT's make the playoffs and win the superbowl regularly.

Bonez wrote:
Teams that win Superbowls and make the playoffs aren't picking in the Top 5, clearly
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
oakdb36


Joined: 02 Mar 2006
Posts: 14293
PostPosted: Wed Mar 13, 2013 11:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Baggabonez wrote:

I thought Taylor is supposed to be the NT?


Yeah, i think Rubin is the projected LE.
_________________
Plush wrote:
Papa was a trolling stone
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Silver&Black88


Joined: 24 Feb 2009
Posts: 33516
Location: Boston, MA
PostPosted: Wed Mar 13, 2013 11:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Baggabonez wrote:
Keanun__ wrote:
Silver&Black88 wrote:
Keanun__ wrote:
Baggabonez wrote:
Keanun__ wrote:
The Browns don't even need a defensive end either. They have Taylor, Rubin, and Hughs. They're paying him all that money to be among 3 other guys. Great job as always Browns.


They switching fronts and some of those are miscast? idk


I only named the people who fit in the 3-4. Bryant doesn't even fit the 3-4 so he is the miscast here.


You don't think he could play 5T?


They have John Hughs to play RDE. Hughs is a promising young talent who has experience in the 3-4. Phil Taylor at LDE is younger and more physical and ready for the 3-4 than Bryant is. They already have their d-line set, they didn't need to pay this decent DT all this money.


I thought Taylor is supposed to be the NT?


That was my presumption too...
_________________

CrapTakula wrote:
Cleveland steamer?

make sure you wash well.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Jamethus92


Joined: 03 Mar 2007
Posts: 4985
Location: Colorado Springs
PostPosted: Wed Mar 13, 2013 11:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm glad were sitting out of this "Frenzy". That's way too much for Dez and also I really doubt that Wheeler's deal in Miami will work out either.
_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Display posts from previous:   

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Oakland Raiders All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 2 of 4

 
Jump to:  
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum




Powered by phpBB © 2001, 2005 phpBB Group