Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

NT Isaac Sopoaga signs with Eagles
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Philadelphia Eagles
View previous topic :: View next topic  
RainbowCarebear

Location: "Are you hungry, child?" Yes, she thought, but not for food.
PostPosted: Thu Mar 14, 2013 7:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Phire wrote:
RainbowCarebear wrote:
Jroc04 wrote:
Nabbs4u wrote:
Jroc04 wrote:
I like Kendricks but I don't think he success in this defense. Stinks, I was high on him.

Why woud Kendricks struggle in a 3-4/4-3 under?

He's small. I imagine he's going to see a lot of second level blockers.

He's 240. Same as P willy and bowman... And if we're going to run the same D as Cards kendricks will be the WILB and often the player who's not blocked

They're completely different 240s.

vs

"Sup homie gonna take a pic with my iPad!"

Photoshoot added 10 pounds... Of muscle

"Do you imagine Whoresbane loves you any better? If you did not hold the ..., he would pull out your entrails and make you eat them"
"In return, we swore that we should always be their men"
Phire

Location: #championchip #2012BirdsHoF #2012GoldStnd #YAKtoseIntolerant #Merica #TrollyRangers #Danes #BirdGang
PostPosted: Thu Mar 14, 2013 7:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

RainbowCarebear wrote:

Photoshoot added 10 pounds... Of muscle

"COME HERE DANE! SAY THAT TO MY FACE!"

theuntouchable wrote:
Think about this phire. I am the real chow.

RainbowCarebear wrote:
Only for the quick and lucky.

Danish proverb 3:69
Nabbs4u

PostPosted: Thu Mar 14, 2013 7:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Guys I seriously don't get the weight issue. In the end it comes down to technique and fundamentals when tackling (yes my inner Juandamentals just came out). I think Kendricks has that. Besides and I saw the picture above of P-Willy but Kendricks is actually heavier in wieght then

Kendricks 238
Briggs 238
Sean Lee 234
Larry Foote 234
Lawrence Timmons 234
Bobby Wagner 233

Give me a player who is smart and usually in the right spot to attempt a tackle with good form over steroid driven wilderbeasts who look the part but have poor form. No that is not intended for P-52!

PostPosted: Thu Mar 14, 2013 7:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nabbs4u wrote:
Guys I seriously don't get the weight issue. In the end it comes down to technique and fundamentals when tackling (yes my inner Juandamentals just came out). I think Kendricks has that. Besides and I saw the picture above of P-Willy but Kendricks is actually heavier in wieght then

Kendricks 238
Briggs 238
Sean Lee 234
Larry Foote 234
Lawrence Timmons 234
Bobby Wagner 233

Give me a player who is smart and usually in the right spot to attempt a tackle with good form over steroid driven wilderbeasts who look the part but have poor form. No that is not intended for P-52!

I remember reading that article from back when Billy Davis was with the Cardinals, and he was explaining how players' skill sets fit in the 4-3 under:
Quote:
Karlos Dansby is the weak-side linebacker. The way the defense is set up, he has a nice protective shield to keep potential blockers at bay. "what we've done with Karlos is put him behind a three-technique, so basically - we call these anchor points - he's got a wall in front of him," Davis said. "So he can run and use his athleticism. The center can't get him because the nose is on him. The guard can't get him because the end is on him. And the tackle can't get him because the predator is on him. So this is your athlete that can run, go cover ground and make plays.

http://m.chiefsplanet.com/showthread.php?t=204166

I don't think a lack of weight is going to be a problem for Kendricks in this defense (and, as you've shown, he isn't "too light" anyway). I think he is crazy athletic and will be the protected LB that's flying around the field. Meco will be the guy that has to mix it up, which is fine, and we'll have Barwin and our predator on the outside.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 14, 2013 7:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

rememberthevet wrote:
Nabbs4u wrote:

Kendricks 238
Briggs 238
Sean Lee 234
Larry Foote 234
Lawrence Timmons 234
Bobby Wagner 233

I remember reading that article from back when Billy Davis was with the Cardinals, and he was explaining how players' skill sets fit in the 4-3 under:
Quote:
Karlos Dansby is the weak-side linebacker. The way the defense is set up, he has a nice protective shield to keep potential blockers at bay. "what we've done with Karlos is put him behind a three-technique, so basically - we call these anchor points - he's got a wall in front of him," Davis said. "So he can run and use his athleticism. The center can't get him because the nose is on him. The guard can't get him because the end is on him. And the tackle can't get him because the predator is on him. So this is your athlete that can run, go cover ground and make plays.

I don't think a lack of weight is going to be a problem for Kendricks in this defense (and, as you've shown, he isn't "too light" anyway). I think he is crazy athletic and will be the protected LB that's flying around the field. Meco will be the guy that has to mix it up, which is fine, and we'll have Barwin and our predator on the outside.

Thank you for the find (article) and with the addition of Soap and possible another added in the draft it's exactly how I see it playing out for Kendricks.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 14, 2013 7:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Comes down, IMO, to your ability to tackle if your going to be light. Kendricks didn't impress me as a sound tackler yet.

Kilt sig - 808 avy
808 wrote:
Jroc offers a voice of reason, and that's why I care about him so much.
rememberthevet

PostPosted: Thu Mar 14, 2013 8:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nabbs4u wrote:
rememberthevet wrote:
Nabbs4u wrote:

Kendricks 238
Briggs 238
Sean Lee 234
Larry Foote 234
Lawrence Timmons 234
Bobby Wagner 233

Quote:

Thank you for the find (article) and with the addition of Soap and possible another added in the draft it's exactly how I see it playing out for Kendricks.

My pleasure! That was one of my favorite articles I've read the past few months, one of the rare times you get to see inside the head of an NFL coach. The way he explains everything (via the interview) makes so much sense, especially if you are familiar with the players he's referring to.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 14, 2013 8:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Kendricks should excel in the 4-3 under, he'll be uncovered for the most part so he can use his speed to flow freely.

Not as sure about the straight 3-4

Even if we stayed 4-3 he'd be better this year because eye would've been at the WILL from the getgo.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 14, 2013 8:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

the 2 main problems with Kendricks is
#1 he lacks natural instincts
#2 he really struggles to get off blockers and maintain his balance in traffic. He's basically Ernie Sims, but he doesn't over-pursue nearly as bad. At this point, he's a good coverage lb and that's about it.

Kilty Sig '15 Wish List: L Collins, D Perryman, S Calhoun, D Greenberry, C Davis, R Mueller, E McCarthy
Hammertime52

PostPosted: Thu Mar 14, 2013 8:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wasnt Kendricks ideal spot coming out of the draft a 3-4 ILB?

PostPosted: Fri Mar 15, 2013 3:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hammertime52 wrote:
Wasnt Kendricks ideal spot coming out of the draft a 3-4 ILB?

Yeah I'm pretty sure he played 3-4 ILB at Cal. He definitely has the experience. We'll just have to see if his playmaking and ability in the 3-4 transfers smoothly to the NFL.

^Thanks to McNabbNo5 for the sig, Phire for the avy
RainbowCarebear

Location: "Are you hungry, child?" Yes, she thought, but not for food.
PostPosted: Fri Mar 15, 2013 3:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Really hope Kendricks can remove the missed tackle syndrome, but since our whole defense suffered from it, I hope it something we see fixed this year, and with the players brought in.

"Do you imagine Whoresbane loves you any better? If you did not hold the ..., he would pull out your entrails and make you eat them"
"In return, we swore that we should always be their men"

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Philadelphia Eagles All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6
Page 6 of 6

Jump to: