Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

CB Bradley Fletcher signs with Eagles
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Philadelphia Eagles
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Meco

PostPosted: Wed Mar 13, 2013 2:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

ianlewis16 wrote:
i really REALLY think we're taking milliner. and im at peace with it

I'd be pretty happy too. Work Milliner in as the primary cover corner, physical, polished, athletic and quick and don't look back. Milliner's combine numbers are nearly identical to those of Darrelle Revis. And the receivers of the SEC have said that Milliner was their toughest opponent. Then you've got Fletcher across from him and Boykin/Marsh as your nickel and dime corners. Pretty good.

Location: "Are you hungry, child?" Yes, she thought, but not for food.
PostPosted: Wed Mar 13, 2013 2:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I like it

"Do you imagine Whoresbane loves you any better? If you did not hold the ..., he would pull out your entrails and make you eat them"
"In return, we swore that we should always be their men"
Kempes

PostPosted: Wed Mar 13, 2013 5:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bleedin_Green36 wrote:
I'm really hoping the Bills want to jump up to get Geno.

I think Buffalo will take a massive reach for Ryan Nassib. I'll be content with Milliner at #4, I did want Dion at first though. We'll just have to see if another CB finds his way to us during the rest of FA.
birdman0069

PostPosted: Wed Mar 13, 2013 8:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have posted in favor of drafting Milliner but the combination of Fletcher/Milliner will be awful. Fletcher is a solid #3 but will struggle, and has struggled, as #2. Milliner is not polished, he is very raw. He doesn't have as many starts as you would like to see. His combine numbers mean nothing except he can run and do drills in a pair of shorts.
If we draft and start Milliner, we need better starting talent opposite him.

Props to Eagles _808 on the sig.
PE, the new poster child for birth control.

Birdman, slowest to 10K

Last edited by birdman0069 on Wed Mar 13, 2013 9:01 am; edited 1 time in total
rememberthevet

PostPosted: Wed Mar 13, 2013 8:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Taking the terms of the contract and the player's potential into consideration, this is my favorite signing thus far.

Location: #FSU #championchip #2012BirdsHoF #2012GoldStnd #YAKtoseIntolerant #TrollyRangers #Danes #CAVALRY
PostPosted: Wed Mar 13, 2013 8:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

birdman0069 wrote:
I have posted in favor of drafting Milliner but the combination of Fletcher/Milliner will be awful. Fletcher is a solid #3 but will struggle, and has struggled, as #2. Milliner is not polished, he is very raw. He doesn't have as many starts as you would like to see. Hid combine numbers mean nothing except he can run and do drills in a air of shorts.

Well we have next year and the year after to address that. No need to do everything in one year.

RainbowCarebear wrote:
Only for the quick and lucky.
EaglesFan5-36-81

PostPosted: Wed Mar 13, 2013 9:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

birdman0069 wrote:
I have posted in favor of drafting Milliner but the combination of Fletcher/Milliner will be awful. Fletcher is a solid #3 but will struggle, and has struggled, as #2. Milliner is not polished, he is very raw. He doesn't have as many starts as you would like to see. His combine numbers mean nothing except he can run and do drills in a pair of shorts.

Fletcher actually excelled as a starter in St.Louis before tearing his ACL...
PowerElite

PostPosted: Wed Mar 13, 2013 9:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

EaglesFan5-36-81 wrote:
birdman0069 wrote:

And the price of tea in China?
EaglesFan5-36-81

PostPosted: Wed Mar 13, 2013 9:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

PowerElite wrote:
EaglesFan5-36-81 wrote:
birdman0069 wrote:

And the price of tea in China?

He said Fletcher will struggle as a number 2, which is false.

The price of tea in China has nothing to do with football, but it depends on the type of tea. Anywhere from $9.32 Yaun to $14.57 Yaun.
Eagles_808

PostPosted: Wed Mar 13, 2013 9:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

https://twitter.com/Jeff_McLane
Quote:
One NFL personnel executive on new Eagles CB Bradley Fletcher: "He's a sleeper with a chance" to start and be productive.

EagleBlueDon

PostPosted: Wed Mar 13, 2013 10:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

killdawabbit wrote:
EagleBlueDon wrote:
killdawabbit wrote:
Wasn't my first choice of FA CBs, but I'm not disappointed. Bradley has some size at 6-0, 200 or so, is a physical player, and very solid in coverage.

Good signing.
Mine neither, but we can still sign one of the top CBs (Lewis, Cox, Cason)..good thing about these "top" CBs is that they're not crazy elite so they won't command a ton of money, hence our increased likelihood to sign one of them because of our crazy cap space..this didn't even really put a dent in our cap space.

I dunno. I think Bradley could be a capable starter. I wouldn't be upset if he was signed as the presumptive "guy" for one side of the field.
I wouldn't be upset in the least bit either. Very capable of being a very good #2, or even #1 I really don't know. He seems relatively untapped. I just still would like to add another CB who is at least on Fletcher's level.
AZ_Eaglesfan

PostPosted: Wed Mar 13, 2013 10:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

birdman0069 wrote:

Fletcher is better then you give him credit. I have seen him play a lot, and the kid has talent. If he wasn't stuck behind Jenkins and Finnegan in STL, he would have a much bigger contract right now. He is a solid outside corner that can play tough man to man on number 2 receivers. Is he a pro bowl lock? No, but if we have good safeties over the top, I think he could be a starter for us.

I am not as high as a lot of people on Milliner, similar to you. He isn't an elite corner IMO. He is a good athlete, but he isn't the most fluid athlete ever. He will never be a turnover machine, but he could be a solid cover corner in the NFL. I would much prefer Xavier Rhodes to Milliner though.

Either way, you can't expect a team that needs a new starter at every DB position to be set there next year. We are making steps in the right direction, and sometimes that all you can ask for.
Kempes

PostPosted: Wed Mar 13, 2013 10:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

www.twitter.com/jeff_mclane

Quote:
Jeff McLane ‏@Jeff_McLane
Scouting report on Bradley Fletcher from senior scout: "Big, long, tough press corner. Like most tall corners, he doesn't transition as ...

Quote:
"... well in coverage. But he's a much tougher and aggressive tackler than Nnamdi and DRC."

Even if he doesn't turn out that great, at least we know he's going to give his best for the team. I can't stand to see another year of lethargic missed tackles in the secondary every week.
Eagles_808

PostPosted: Wed Mar 13, 2013 11:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

@BFletch32 wrote:
Thank You to the Eagles Organization and fans for the warm welcome. I am proud to be a Philadelphia Eagle... Ready to go to work!

rememberthevet

PostPosted: Wed Mar 13, 2013 11:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Kempes wrote:
www.twitter.com/jeff_mclane

Quote:
Scouting report on Bradley Fletcher from senior scout: "Big, long, tough press corner. Like most tall corners, he doesn't transition as ...

Quote:
"... well in coverage. But he's a much tougher and aggressive tackler than Nnamdi and DRC."

Even if he doesn't turn out that great, at least we know he's going to give his best for the team. I can't stand to see another year of lethargic missed tackles in the secondary every week.

This is probably the best part of this signing. All CB's get beat, even the best ones, but DRC was an even less effective tackler than Asante Samuel. I always picture Dez Bryant shoving him 5 yards to score a touchdown, after watching that I was done with him. Such a poor effort.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Philadelphia Eagles All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
Page 6 of 7

Jump to: