Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Tampa Bay Buccaneers favorites to land CB Darrelle Revis
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 51, 52, 53  Next

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> New York Jets
View previous topic :: View next topic  
green24

PostPosted: Sun Apr 21, 2013 2:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

superbowlbound wrote:
anyone know which 2014 picks we r getting? my guess would b a 2nd and 5th in 2014

I think at least one of them will be a conditional pick.
superbowlbound

PostPosted: Sun Apr 21, 2013 2:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

green24 wrote:
superbowlbound wrote:
anyone know which 2014 picks we r getting? my guess would b a 2nd and 5th in 2014

I think at least one of them will be a conditional pick.

a conditonal 1st in 2014 and a 4th?

i have a ton of.faith.revis.will.yield the.maximum in amy conditional pick
Davey

PostPosted: Sun Apr 21, 2013 2:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Plus I'd say letting that kind of stuff influence your decision making is what leads to poor decision making. Imagine if Rex Ryan GM'd and HC'd a team? He'd love everybody and no difficult but right moves would be made, he would sign every single cut Raven and the odd Rob Ryan recommendation, and make jokes about how he tried to trade for Tom Brady using a 6th rounder but Belichick said no.
green24

PostPosted: Sun Apr 21, 2013 2:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Davey wrote:
Plus I'd say letting that kind of stuff influence your decision making is what leads to poor decision making. Imagine if Rex Ryan GM'd and HC'd a team? He'd love everybody and no difficult but right moves would be made, he would sign every single cut Raven and the odd Rob Ryan recommendation, and make jokes about how he tried to trade for Tom Brady using a 6th rounder but Belichick said no.

I think every player on our roster would be a 5T or CB.
xenajets

PostPosted: Sun Apr 21, 2013 2:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If its all about the money I don't understand how a team like TB can compete with us. Being from England maybe you can educate me but over here if a star player is playing for a team in the big markets, ManUtd, Chelsea etc then the money on endorsements and sponsorships out way the salary by a huge margin. If the difference per year is $2-3million I can't believe how being a star player in New York wouldn't generate more money than in the small market of TB where they never sell-out like we do!!

Maybe I'm just bing bitter but I can't believe that we are trading our best player away.....

Many thanks to IDOG_det on the sig
green24

PostPosted: Sun Apr 21, 2013 2:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

xenajets wrote:
If its all about the money I don't understand how a team like TB can compete with us. Being from England maybe you can educate me but over here if a star player is playing for a team in the big markets, ManUtd, Chelsea etc then the money on endorsements and sponsorships out way the salary by a huge margin. If the difference per year is $2-3million I can't believe how being a star player in New York wouldn't generate more money than in the small market of TB where they never sell-out like we do!!

Maybe I'm just bing bitter but I can't believe that we are trading our best player away.....

It's not like Revis is choosing the Bucs over the Jets. We are choosing to trade him and Tampa Bay was one of the few teams that could meet his price demands.
xenajets

PostPosted: Sun Apr 21, 2013 2:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

green24 wrote:
xenajets wrote:

It's not like Revis is choosing the Bucs over the Jets. We are choosing to trade him and Tampa Bay was one of the few teams that could meet his price demands.

I get that Revis wants to stay but if he took less money to stay with us which he has NEVER said he will do would he not get the difference back via endorsements and sponsorships??

Also if this was the case then Idsik clearly thinks he can do more with the draft picks.....

Many thanks to IDOG_det on the sig
Karmaloop

PostPosted: Sun Apr 21, 2013 2:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap1000000162182/article/jets-cb-antonio-cromartie-disappointed-in-revis-news?campaign=Twitter_atl

PostPosted: Sun Apr 21, 2013 2:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

xenajets wrote:
green24 wrote:
xenajets wrote:

I get that Revis wants to stay but if he took less money to stay with us which he has NEVER said he will do would he not get the difference back via endorsements and sponsorships??

Also if this was the case then Idsik clearly thinks he can do more with the draft picks.....

If I think about it ... I think Revis is unwilling to take less more because he wants to be the highest paid defender, rather then the fact that he needs the $ value. Pride. Ego kind of thing
green24

PostPosted: Sun Apr 21, 2013 2:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Karmaloop wrote:
http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap1000000162182/article/jets-cb-antonio-cromartie-disappointed-in-revis-news?campaign=Twitter_atl

I posted that earlier. Remember, Cromartie was the same guy who last year was upset that we signed LaRon Landry since it meant Eric Smith wouldn't be starting for us.
rdelaney89

PostPosted: Sun Apr 21, 2013 2:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

KBS756 wrote:
xenajets wrote:
green24 wrote:
xenajets wrote:

If I think about it ... I think Revis is unwilling to take less more because he wants to be the highest paid defender, rather then the fact that he needs the $ value. Pride. Ego kind of thing

There is no income tax in Florida so he gets all of his money plus endorsements. This is part of the reason Bosh and Lebron left for Miami as opposed to Wade leaving. Another reason why Wallaced just signed with Miami as well.
Malik

PostPosted: Sun Apr 21, 2013 2:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

xenajets wrote:
green24 wrote:
xenajets wrote:

Except the GM never once attempted to even contact Revis or his agent. There was no attempt to sign him at all.
green24

PostPosted: Sun Apr 21, 2013 2:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

In the past 10 years, four defensive players have been traded have been traded for a package including a first round pick. Two of those players were traded by the Jets, Darrelle Revis and John Abraham. The other two were Richard Seymour and Jared Allen.
jets512

PostPosted: Sun Apr 21, 2013 2:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Malik wrote:
xenajets wrote:
green24 wrote:
xenajets wrote:

Except the GM never once attempted to even contact Revis or his agent. There was no attempt to sign him at all.

That says more about the Owner than the GM, I'm sure Idzik would have loved to work something out but Woody didn't want any art of Revis anymore.
green24

PostPosted: Sun Apr 21, 2013 2:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
@Steiny31 2m
Revis is currently at the Bucs facility taking the physical as we speak. #nyj

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> New York Jets All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 51, 52, 53  Next
Page 52 of 53

Jump to: