Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Tampa Bay Buccaneers favorites to land CB Darrelle Revis
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 50, 51, 52, 53  Next

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> New York Jets
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Malik

PostPosted: Sun Apr 21, 2013 2:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

jimbo1904 wrote:
what some of u are forgetting, this trade is a 2 way street. Revis and agents have been a pain in the a$$ since he was drafted.if he loved the jets so much he wouldnt demand a ridiculous amount if money from a team he knows is strapped to the cap and has holes that need to be filled. its just as much in him, and i love him as a player, but who doesn't!
i dont love woody, but i dont blame him based on where were at as a team. paying 15+m for a CB is just dumb, period. parcells, who we all respect, said "15m for a cb, not me."

What a player asks for=/=what a player gets. This is the NFL not MLB. If the Bucs sign him for 10-12 million a year it's a terrible trade.
rdelaney89

PostPosted: Sun Apr 21, 2013 2:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think it's fair to say I'm more upset with Revis and Tanny than I am with Woody. Revis has handcuffed us for so long and while I love watching him and I'm all for him making his money but to say he wants + 4 million more than the second highest corner is ludicrous. We have been more than fair to him since he's been here. Outside of week one I will be rooting for Tampa but there is a little part o me that wants to see Revis flop. Especially if our draft picks flop. (Just me being spiteful)
Karmaloop

PostPosted: Sun Apr 21, 2013 2:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Man, I thought we would be retiring his number. This is lame.

PostPosted: Sun Apr 21, 2013 2:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Karmaloop wrote:

We still might once he retires.
Karmaloop

PostPosted: Sun Apr 21, 2013 2:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

green24 wrote:
Karmaloop wrote:

Nah. He hasn't played here long enough.

PostPosted: Sun Apr 21, 2013 2:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

green24 wrote:
Karmaloop wrote:

Not a chance.
It has been quite a privileged chat or work with you guys. From time to time.. From Craziness to Serious-mindedness.. From Troll to Boredom.. From Babes to Jets. From Foreigner to American.. Whatever!
green24

PostPosted: Sun Apr 21, 2013 2:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
@RCummingsTBO
Bucs coach Greg Schiano is picking Darrelle Revis up at the Tampa International Jet Center right now

Karmaloop

PostPosted: Sun Apr 21, 2013 2:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't know. I still don't see the logic behind this trade, especially with the enormous amount of cap room we'll have in 2014. Revis would still be in his prime by the time we're ready to compete. Doesn't make sense, other than Woody Johnson being an incompetent fool.

PostPosted: Sun Apr 21, 2013 2:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The whole window that we thought was opening in 2009 - building one of the league's most talented rosters, Darrelle Revis redefining what the possibilities can be for an NFL corner in the modern game, making the bold move to acquire who we hoped was going to be our long term quarterback solution, the league's best defense and one of it's best running games. How quickly that closed.

Rex Ryan's first two years in charge brought more positive memories than I've ever had as a Jets fan collectively before that. But it fell apart even more quickly than it was put together, it's really unbelievable. And this is truly the end of any semblance of identity that still remained from those group of players.

It's well and truly a new beginning.

Karmaloop wrote:
I don't know. I still don't see the logic behind this trade, especially with the enormous amount of cap room we'll have in 2014. Revis would still be in his prime by the time we're ready to compete. Doesn't make sense, other than Woody Johnson being an incompetent fool.

I think we've all resigned to the fact that this is Woody's fault already and I'm appalled the Jets are going to trade away their best player ever who still has a lot to offer. But ultimately if he has to go, the best thing the Jets can do is trade him now and get a good package in return for him. I would keep him a hundred times over if I had the chance, but you can trade Revis and ultimately benefit from the decision and really I've said goodbye in my head to Revis about a month ago. I just want to move on now and get excited towards something new and hopefully promising, rather than the constant headache we've been given the past two years with the disappointing results and the loss of key components.
Jetfan66

PostPosted: Sun Apr 21, 2013 2:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I really do love Revis. He'll forever be one of my favorite Jets that I've seen play.

However, this trade needs to be done. We need to build towards the future. This team with Revis on it will not be a playoff team but rather a middle-to-low team. By acquiring draft picks and losing his large contract, we will set ourselves up to rebuild. Hopefully we find our QB of the future soon (2014?) to help make us compete for a decade.

R.I.P. Crakburn & BoYz2tHeBoWl
"We are worried. Kris Jenkins eats O-Lineman better then Kobayashi eats hot dogs." -Stephen Neal, Dan Koppen, and Logan Mankins
quietjetsket

PostPosted: Sun Apr 21, 2013 2:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Karmaloop wrote:

If Jets successfully signed Revis to extended contract then next year salary cap of his would be about 20m. 3m pro-rated bonus from old contract and 15-17m from new contract (various set up).
green24

PostPosted: Sun Apr 21, 2013 2:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
@Steiny31: Players aren't happy with this trade. #nyj

You hear that guys? John Griffin is not happy!!1!1!
Davey

PostPosted: Sun Apr 21, 2013 2:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

green24 wrote:
Quote:

Legendary.
Jetsman82

PostPosted: Sun Apr 21, 2013 3:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

green24 wrote:
Quote:

This cracks me up. Of course the players aren't happy. That's one of the teams leaders that's being traded away.

They'll get over it when they go out on the field, like always.
It has been quite a privileged chat or work with you guys. From time to time.. From Craziness to Serious-mindedness.. From Troll to Boredom.. From Babes to Jets. From Foreigner to American.. Whatever!
superbowlbound

PostPosted: Sun Apr 21, 2013 3:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

anyone know which 2014 picks we r getting? my guess would b a 2nd and 5th in 2014

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> New York Jets All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 50, 51, 52, 53  Next
Page 51 of 53

Jump to: