Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Tampa Bay Buccaneers favorites to land CB Darrelle Revis
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 27, 28, 29 ... 51, 52, 53  Next

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> New York Jets
View previous topic :: View next topic  
superbowlbound

PostPosted: Sun Mar 24, 2013 9:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

barnaby8787 wrote:
superbowlbound wrote:
barnaby8787 wrote:
green24 wrote:
barnaby8787 wrote:
I realistically don't see us getting TB's 1st this year and this point, I'm thinking maybe we could get their 2nd this year though. Here's what i'm thinking, let me know your thoughts:

TB Receives: Jets 2013 1st rounder (9th overall) and Revis
NYJ Receives: Bucs 2013 1st Rounder (13th overall), 2013 2nd, 2013 5th, and 2014 1st.

Swap 1st's, but get a 2013 2nd and 5th instead of a 2014 2nd. Could go Warmack in the 1st and a combo of Deandre Hopkins and Jamie Collins in the 2nd.

Yeah, we're not doing that.
Why not? It makes sense.

MAKES ZERO SENSE.... Brick wall
Why does it make zero sense? TB would
trade their 1st and 2nd next year. To go up from 13 to 9, it costs a 3rd according to the draft value chart. Basically, what's worth more, a 2014 2nd and the equivalent of a 3rd or a 2013 2nd and a 5th? It makes sense man.

we r trading away the best all-around player in the nfl... we arent givimg.up our 1st under any circumstances.... if anything id want their 2013 1st AND 2014 1st without giving up anything ekse besides revis...

ur kinda deal signifies a defeat, id rather just keep him till after the draft and then trade him.... but ill never be happy with that proposal
barnaby8787

PostPosted: Sun Mar 24, 2013 9:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

superbowlbound wrote:
barnaby8787 wrote:
superbowlbound wrote:
barnaby8787 wrote:
green24 wrote:
barnaby8787 wrote:
I realistically don't see us getting TB's 1st this year and this point, I'm thinking maybe we could get their 2nd this year though. Here's what i'm thinking, let me know your thoughts:

NYJ Receives: Bucs 2013 1st Rounder (13th overall), 2013 2nd, 2013 5th, and 2014 1st.

Swap 1st's, but get a 2013 2nd and 5th instead of a 2014 2nd. Could go Warmack in the 1st and a combo of Deandre Hopkins and Jamie Collins in the 2nd.

Why not? It makes sense.

trade their 1st and 2nd next year. To go up from 13 to 9, it costs a 3rd according to the draft value chart. Basically, what's worth more, a 2014 2nd and the equivalent of a 3rd or a 2013 2nd and a 5th? It makes sense man.

we r trading away the best all-around player in the nfl... we arent givimg.up our 1st under any circumstances.... if anything id want their 2013 1st AND 2014 1st without giving up anything ekse besides revis...

ur kinda deal signifies a defeat, id rather just keep him till after the draft and then trade him.... but ill never be happy with that proposal
We're not giving up a 1st really though, just swapping them. And we won't get a 2013 1st and 2014 1st. I wish we could; just feel like as time goes by, we're losing leverage.
KBS756

PostPosted: Mon Mar 25, 2013 12:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

barnaby8787 wrote:
superbowlbound wrote:
barnaby8787 wrote:
superbowlbound wrote:
barnaby8787 wrote:
green24 wrote:
barnaby8787 wrote:

Why not? It makes sense.

We're not giving up a 1st really though, just swapping them. And we won't get a 2013 1st and 2014 1st. I wish we could; just feel like as time goes by, we're losing leverage.

As time goes by we are gaining leverage. As things fall into place and TB doesnt find someone to play CB (honestly noone on the market is remotely close to Revis) we gain leverage. Being the team to cave makes us weak and makes us lose more.

Also Swapping 1sts is laughable value if anything we should net 2 firsts straight up for Revis like superbowlbound said.

We prob end up with

2013 1st and 2014 2nd

probably with some messing around with picks later in the draft as well like swapping a 6th for a 4th or somethin ...

We deserve better value for revis then we are gonna get....
skrILL

PostPosted: Mon Mar 25, 2013 12:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I would offer the Bucs something like this: 2013 1st and 2014 2nd or a 2013 2nd & 4th and a 2014 1st. Make them throw in a little extra for keeping their 1st rounder this year. This would be a take it or leave it proposal for me. I would end discussions if they don't accept either deal.

N E W Y O R K J E T S
TheManager

PostPosted: Mon Mar 25, 2013 12:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

BIG and i mean BIG news on the Revis front coming tomorrow or Tuesday. Hearing Tampa Bay has begun negotiations.
superbowlbound

PostPosted: Mon Mar 25, 2013 12:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

TheManager wrote:
BIG and i mean BIG news on the Revis front coming tomorrow or Tuesday. Hearing Tampa Bay has begun negotiations.

ne word in compensation?

is this legit?
drew39k

PostPosted: Mon Mar 25, 2013 12:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

If we get their first this year plus a conditional pick next year(as high as 1st low as 3rd along with a 3rd this year if be happy. If we don't get a first this year I want a 2nd and third this year along with a first and 4th next year.

I think either of those options work for me.
Technically yes... BUT by laws of playoff football, The Andrew Lucks lost to the Quarterbackbowl 47 winning Joe Flaccos. Whereas the Russel Wilsons lost to the Matt Ryans, who didnt even beat the Colin Kaepernicks.
superbowlbound

PostPosted: Mon Mar 25, 2013 12:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

drew39k wrote:
If we get their first this year plus a conditional pick next year(as high as 1st low as 3rd along with a 3rd this year if be happy. If we don't get a first this year I want a 2nd and third this year along with a first and 4th next year.

id want a 1st and 3rd this year at the least.... everyone talks bout going qb next year.... we dont need two 1st round picks for that lol
drew39k

PostPosted: Mon Mar 25, 2013 1:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

superbowlbound wrote:
drew39k wrote:

id want a 1st and 3rd this year at the least.... everyone talks bout going qb next year.... we dont need two 1st round picks for that lol

The theory is that we wont be bad enough to get the first overall pick. So we could use that second first next season to move up to actually get that QB.

Even If we actually get TBs first this year, Id still much rather trade back with one or both of our first rounders this year to pick future firsts along with second or third rounders this year.

Something like trading back to 20 or so from 9 to allow a team to jump up and get a guy like Milner or Star by getting their first and second this year. Then dumping that 20ish first rounder to a team in the top of the second round picking up their future first and their current second.

Could essentially turn that #9 into two seconds this year and a first next year. If you could also land #13 we drop down to the late 20s and get a future first or current second.

Would really set us up with alot of chances to get quality cheap players during the next two seasons.
In that scenario we would have a
Late First
High Second
Late second
Late second (or future first)
Future First
Future First
Our Future First

Granted, this isnt Madden(that many trade backs is unlikely), and draft picks dont guarantee stars but it would be hard to miss that many times.
and none of those deals are really crazy.
Technically yes... BUT by laws of playoff football, The Andrew Lucks lost to the Quarterbackbowl 47 winning Joe Flaccos. Whereas the Russel Wilsons lost to the Matt Ryans, who didnt even beat the Colin Kaepernicks.
Colt45fool

PostPosted: Mon Mar 25, 2013 2:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

drew39k wrote:

lol @ these expectations

I want to see what Tampa's giving up in compensation. I can't imagine Tampa giving up their 1st this year...not after how hard nosed they've been on that.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 25, 2013 2:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Colt45fool wrote:
drew39k wrote:

lol @ these expectations

I want to see what Tampa's giving up in compensation. I can't imagine Tampa giving up their 1st this year...not after how hard nosed they've been on that.

my guess is a 2nd, 3rd and 2014 1st.... id be really unhappy with less
KBS756

PostPosted: Mon Mar 25, 2013 4:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

superbowlbound wrote:
Colt45fool wrote:
drew39k wrote:

lol @ these expectations

my guess is a 2nd, 3rd and 2014 1st.... id be really unhappy with less

My guess is

We get

2013 1st, 3rd and 2014 2nd

and give TB Revis and a 5th

I still wish we could find a way to retain his services ... with him and cromartie playin well it allows our defense to be creative and aggressive
bucsfan333

PostPosted: Mon Mar 25, 2013 10:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

KBS756 wrote:
My guess is

We get

2013 1st, 3rd and 2014 2nd

and give TB Revis and a 5th

I still wish we could find a way to retain his services ... with him and cromartie playin well it allows our defense to be creative and aggressive

This is one of the more realistic trade scenarios. I would make that trade. I like it.
drew39k

PostPosted: Mon Mar 25, 2013 5:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

TheManager wrote:

So far I cant find anything anywhere. Not looking legit.
skrILL

PostPosted: Mon Mar 25, 2013 6:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

drew39k wrote:
TheManager wrote:

So far I cant find anything anywhere. Not looking legit.

Nothing this guy has said has looked legit ever.

N E W Y O R K J E T S

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> New York Jets All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 27, 28, 29 ... 51, 52, 53  Next
Page 28 of 53

Jump to: