Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Raiders release WR Heyward-Bay, DB Huff, DE Tollefson
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Oakland Raiders
View previous topic :: View next topic  
DarthDavis

PostPosted: Wed Mar 13, 2013 6:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

big_palooka wrote:
cellomac1212 wrote:
Where these guys completely untradeable? I don't know, but while everyone else is getting better, we are getting worse... There replacements are going to be worse than them as they are probably already on our team... This is looking like a 10 year rebuilding process. Years one and two, gut the entire team. Years 3-10, get lucky in the draft... It sucks to be a Raiders fan. Over 25 years, they been in the playoffs like 3 times... when will it change...

Streeter has already shown more flashes of being a sound WR than DHB as an URFA. DHB was a mediocre player and won't be missed.

Huff has been average for years. He's soft and doesn't make many plays. He's replaceable as well.

Stop crying.

Just to back up BP a bit. Wheeler was vet minimum guy and Bryant was an UDFA. I am pretty sure we can find some more UDFA's and Vet minimums.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 14, 2013 1:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

We land 2 impact player and a couple solid starters the rest of the offseason and well be better than last season....
oakdb36

PostPosted: Thu Mar 14, 2013 12:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

http://www.silverandblackpride.com/2013/3/13/4101394/darrius-heyward-bey-speaks-for-first-time-since-release-from-oakland-raiders

Classy. Best of luck to him.
JTagg7754

PostPosted: Thu Mar 14, 2013 12:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

oakdb36 wrote:
http://www.silverandblackpride.com/2013/3/13/4101394/darrius-heyward-bey-speaks-for-first-time-since-release-from-oakland-raiders

Classy. Best of luck to him.

Absolutely. I'm miss his character and work ethic. Unfortunately that's about it. Glad he improved as much as he did and he proved he's tough but his catching ability just didn't progress like I thought it would.

PM sig requests.
rodya

PostPosted: Thu Mar 14, 2013 11:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

bitty wrote:
big_palooka wrote:
oakdb36 wrote:
big_palooka wrote:

That said, it sucks to be in that mold when your team is just so miserably void of starting talent and you just want to see them be competitive.

It sucks when your team hasn't experienced a winning season in a decade and all signs point to 2013 not being any different.

Agreed. But I have faith they are getting closer. A lot has to be done to rectify a decade of bad management and drafting.

If these guys can start hitting on some draft picks and build a nice nucleus of talent things will start looking up.

If we lose then we lose as long as were heading in the right direction. Reggie should've cut these guys and more last year.

I'm extremely happy with the coaches and the direction the team is going.

this is how i feel too. we should have started gutting this team last year. dhb should have been shown the door before last season. we should have signed bryant to a contract BEFORE he hit free agency. we probably could have gotten him at a decent contract and not that ridiculous one he got from cleveland. he's solid and worth having but that number is stupid.

as a raider fan, i'm not looking forward to how crappy we are going to be again. i understand what reggie is doing. you have to rip it down and start through the draft and with young players, but he should have started shedding contracts last year. dhb sucks. he can't catch and he will be nothing more than a threat. i thought huff had a chance at cb but his contract doesn't justify a spot.

i just hope we draft smart. solidify the lines FIRST. if the front office believes in geno, draft him. if they don't think he's a franchise qb, draft floyd or star and start rebuilding our DL.

what hurts so much as a raider fan is to see ONCE AGAIN just how HORRIBLY we've drafted these last 10 years. it's really unreal that we couldn't blindly walk into a couple of studs with all those high picks. russell, mcclain, huff, gallery, dhb, trading for moss and d hall. it's effn sickening and maddening as a fan to watch the crap we watched these last years. i swear the vortex just never seems to end!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Tamby

PostPosted: Fri Mar 15, 2013 12:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I would just like to say Reggie is doing the best possible job he can do at this point. He's cutting all our dead weight and bad contracts (more to come around draft time) and taking the cap hits for the years we won't be competitive. He's really setting us up to make a big splash in 2015 I'd say. Until we get there, he will continue to establish a foundation for this team with high character players. We're gonna have a great locker room and morale when the time comes to lure in key free agents. It's going to take time guys, be patient. He's already found a few gems for us (Streater, Wheeler, Burris) with the limited resources he had when he inherited this mess. Patience.
big_palooka

PostPosted: Fri Mar 15, 2013 8:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

bitty wrote:
big_palooka wrote:
oakdb36 wrote:
big_palooka wrote:

That said, it sucks to be in that mold when your team is just so miserably void of starting talent and you just want to see them be competitive.

It sucks when your team hasn't experienced a winning season in a decade and all signs point to 2013 not being any different.

Agreed. But I have faith they are getting closer. A lot has to be done to rectify a decade of bad management and drafting.

If these guys can start hitting on some draft picks and build a nice nucleus of talent things will start looking up.

If we lose then we lose as long as were heading in the right direction. Reggie should've cut these guys and more last year.

You can't just purge everyone in one offseason when you have cap issues. It's a business and you have to know how cutting a player will effect your cap (hence Slowlando still being on the team).

Reggie has a plan, he just has to work it over time. Cutting every player he wanted off the team his first year would have assured further cap issues, which is why they stuck around.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 15, 2013 11:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

big_palooka wrote:
bitty wrote:
big_palooka wrote:
oakdb36 wrote:
big_palooka wrote:

You can't just purge everyone in one offseason when you have cap issues. It's a business and you have to know how cutting a player will effect your cap (hence Slowlando still being on the team).

Reggie has a plan, he just has to work it over time. Cutting every player he wanted off the team his first year would have assured further cap issues, which is why they stuck around.

You're right
bitty

PostPosted: Fri Mar 15, 2013 11:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The Raiders have a culture of being undisciplined and losing.
You have to gut the team just to change the culture. Bring in some winners from other NFL teams and draft a few more.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Oakland Raiders All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7
Page 7 of 7

Jump to: