Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Raiders release WR Heyward-Bay, DB Huff, DE Tollefson
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Oakland Raiders
View previous topic :: View next topic  
big_palooka

PostPosted: Wed Mar 13, 2013 10:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

oakdb36 wrote:
big_palooka wrote:

That said, it sucks to be in that mold when your team is just so miserably void of starting talent and you just want to see them be competitive.

It sucks when your team hasn't experienced a winning season in a decade and all signs point to 2013 not being any different.

Agreed. But I have faith they are getting closer. A lot has to be done to rectify a decade of bad management and drafting.

If these guys can start hitting on some draft picks and build a nice nucleus of talent things will start looking up.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 13, 2013 10:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

oakdb36 wrote:
big_palooka wrote:

That said, it sucks to be in that mold when your team is just so miserably void of starting talent and you just want to see them be competitive.

It sucks when your team hasn't experienced a winning season in a decade and all signs point to 2013 not being any different.

This is much different. I'm not bummed about the upcoming season at all.
oakdb36

PostPosted: Wed Mar 13, 2013 11:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Baggabonez wrote:
oakdb36 wrote:
big_palooka wrote:

It'll be different when we look back on it and we've become successful. At the moment, i'm not looking forward to getting blown out every other week during the 2013 season. I'll have to deal with it though.
Silver&Black88

PostPosted: Wed Mar 13, 2013 11:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

oakdb36 wrote:
Baggabonez wrote:
oakdb36 wrote:
big_palooka wrote:

It'll be different when we look back on it and we've become successful. At the moment, i'm not looking forward to getting blown out every other week during the 2013 season. I'll have to deal with it though.

I'm the same way. I just know its going to be a rough year. The Denver games especially are going to be the worst.

ravens_rool28 wrote:
Did somebody mention teens?
Baggabonez

PostPosted: Wed Mar 13, 2013 11:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

oakdb36 wrote:
Baggabonez wrote:
oakdb36 wrote:
big_palooka wrote:

Usually I would try to find humor in the situation by saying something like "I'm looking forward to seeing ya boy getting mangled by wild dogs every week because he holds on to the ball too long"

But then you would say "You're not a true fan"

and then I would say " I thought you said he deserved a chance"

and then you would say "What kind of chance did he have sans Myers and DHB and a healthy DMC"

and then I would say "The same chance Palmer would have had when we would have said he just sucks"

and then you would say "Do you understand the difference between a vet and a rookie?"

and then I would say "I told you so"

and then you would say "You're more concerned about being right then the success of the team"

and then I would say "I don't even know wtf that means because there is a known formula to building a quality organization and Al didn't use it"

and then others would chime in (read:Dessie) "I hate this I-told-ya-so bastage"

So to save us 6 pages of quote replies and getting Ncoughman & Jtagg involved just pretend the above was just a dream sequence and I'll leave you with:

Quote:
While future success isn't guaranteed, take solace in the fact the approach is different making all things possible rather than doing the same thing over and over again with the expectation of different results. THIS is different.

oakdb36

PostPosted: Wed Mar 13, 2013 11:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

That's funny because i'm not a Pryor fan, you must have confused me with someone else.

But i guess that's your way of not making things personal.
bitty

PostPosted: Wed Mar 13, 2013 11:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

big_palooka wrote:
oakdb36 wrote:
big_palooka wrote:

Agreed. But I have faith they are getting closer. A lot has to be done to rectify a decade of bad management and drafting.

If these guys can start hitting on some draft picks and build a nice nucleus of talent things will start looking up.

If we lose then we lose as long as were heading in the right direction. Reggie should've cut these guys and more last year.

I'm extremely happy with the coaches and the direction the team is going.
ZoomWaffle

PostPosted: Wed Mar 13, 2013 12:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

opeth0500 wrote:
Anyone think that Woodson could possibly fill Huffs spot? Mckenzie knows what Woodson can do.

Woodson wants to play for a contender.

Silver&Black88 on the sig

La_Vader wrote:
I wouldn't trade Pryor for any prospect in this years draft. Quote me on that
Chali21

PostPosted: Wed Mar 13, 2013 1:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

PostPosted: Wed Mar 13, 2013 1:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

DMC
Moore
Streater
Ford
Veldheer
Wiz
Houston
Burris
Branch
and hopefully Pryor and Biliukidi are guys we can build around
hopefully RMC can find 2-3 nice pieces in FA and 2-3 in the draft...

really we arent too much worse than we were a couple days ago, if we can land 1-2 actual difference makers they will replace what we lost...

i think Tarver's scheme showed growth as the season went on and i expect improvement no matter who we let go and bring in, not like we were loaded on defense last year...

also, DMC is in a contract year and we are returning to the PBS that alone should make our offense more dynamic...

we won 4 games last year, i expect more of the same this year..but we will be in so much of a better situation next season...so if we can add to our core through the draft and UDFA's we will be in postion to retain all our FA's worth keeping and be able to throw money at a truly impactful player(like GB did with Woodson)...

i know it sucks, knowing we are not going to be any good next season after 10 years of being horrible...but at least we are changing the way things are done and not just over paying FA's to play for us and just pushing our problems to next season...its refreshing to feel like there is an actual plan in place...we are basically starting from scratch with the few pieces we have that are actualy worth keeping...

we need to hit on draft weekend, hopefully we can trade back and accumulate picks..id love to pick up an extra 2nd this year and a 1st next to go along with our comp picks we will get for Bryant(4th) and Wheeler(5th)...

excited to actually watch a team built the right way...by drafting well and coaching up your talent...not reaching on measurables over paying those picks to stay hoping they materialize and then overspending on over rated FA's....

Go Raiders!
91jmay

PostPosted: Wed Mar 13, 2013 6:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Huff was solid but for the money he was making you have to make plays, and he doesnt. DHB was developing, a great guy and a super hard worker but we cannot pay players who are average number 2 WRs that level of salary. I think he will be productive elsewhere, and whilst he was not worth the $$$ at all i am pleased we released him early so he has a good opportunity to find another team.

1. Is Hayden going to be a bust? Sure looked like it last year IMO..But I give him a pass because he almost died…therefore I believe anyone who almost dies deserves a pass……………

A principle to live by..
cellomac1212

PostPosted: Wed Mar 13, 2013 6:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Where these guys completely untradeable? I don't know, but while everyone else is getting better, we are getting worse... There replacements are going to be worse than them as they are probably already on our team... This is looking like a 10 year rebuilding process. Years one and two, gut the entire team. Years 3-10, get lucky in the draft... It sucks to be a Raiders fan. Over 25 years, they been in the playoffs like 3 times... when will it change...

I hoped for a playoff appearance, but the passing of Al met terms for my sig removal after 3+ years.
OakRaiders3828

PostPosted: Wed Mar 13, 2013 6:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

cellomac1212 wrote:
Where these guys completely untradeable? I don't know, but while everyone else is getting better, we are getting worse... There replacements are going to be worse than them as they are probably already on our team... This is looking like a 10 year rebuilding process. Years one and two, gut the entire team. Years 3-10, get lucky in the draft... It sucks to be a Raiders fan. Over 25 years, they been in the playoffs like 3 times... when will it change...

it's 2 days into FA. The sky isn't falling.
NCOUGHMAN

PostPosted: Wed Mar 13, 2013 6:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

bitty wrote:
NCOUGHMAN wrote:
Frankie2Gunz wrote:
NCOUGHMAN wrote:
kinda expected this and am ok with some house cleaning. wondering why some other names havent been cut
**cough**rolo, cp, tko, breezel, dmac**cough**

Cut DMC... You're kidding me right?

d-m who?
i dont know that guy ive seen pictures and have cloudy memories of him.
bet you cant name his last back to back 100 yrd games? Laughing

You are blaming Knapp's stupidity on DMC?

no im blaming dmac's 50yr old legs Laughing

green24 wrote:
NCOUGHMAN >>>>>> all of you
big_palooka

PostPosted: Wed Mar 13, 2013 7:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

cellomac1212 wrote:

Streeter has already shown more flashes of being a sound WR than DHB as an URFA. DHB was a mediocre player and won't be missed.

Huff has been average for years. He's soft and doesn't make many plays. He's replaceable as well.

Stop crying.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Oakland Raiders All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
Page 6 of 7

Jump to: