Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

UPDATE: Greg Jennings signs with Minnesota
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 35, 36, 37 ... 40, 41, 42  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Green Bay Packers
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Vikefan79

PostPosted: Sun Mar 17, 2013 2:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mattwaukee wrote:
I actually think it's going to help to have Jennings gone, It will help the offense overall

I see Randall Cobb really breaking out this year. Potential ALL PRO at the receiver position.
justo

PostPosted: Sun Mar 17, 2013 2:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I feel like in GB you are more marketable, because you are part of a national brand.

Last edited by justo on Sun Mar 17, 2013 3:30 pm; edited 1 time in total
Ketchup

PostPosted: Sun Mar 17, 2013 2:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Funny how fast people forget that back when Greg's rookie deal was close to being up, that he signed a very fair, and team friendly contract. Fans have the shortest memories when it comes to stuff like this. Jennings gave us the best years of his career. I have no problem what so ever with what he did and how he handled it.

Kempes on the custom sig!
Ketchup

PostPosted: Sun Mar 17, 2013 3:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Vikefan79 wrote:
Mattwaukee wrote:
I actually think it's going to help to have Jennings gone, It will help the offense overall

I see Randall Cobb really breaking out this year. Potential ALL PRO at the receiver position.
With Nelson, Cobb, Jones already in house and Thompsons unmatched ability to find receivers in the draft, losing Jennings isn't a big deal. Not to say we wasn't a great player for us, because he was, but the way TT set up that position with depth makes the effect of losing Greg very little. Then on the other hand, it helps the Vikings a TON.

Kempes on the custom sig!
Vikefan79

PostPosted: Sun Mar 17, 2013 3:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ketchup wrote:
Vikefan79 wrote:
Mattwaukee wrote:

With Nelson, Cobb, Jones already in house and Thompsons unmatched ability to find receivers in the draft, losing Jennings isn't a big deal. Not to say we wasn't a great player for us, because he was, but the way TT set up that position with depth makes the effect of losing Greg very little. Then on the other hand, it helps the Vikings a TON.

Agreed and as good as Nelson and Jones are I don't see them as irreplaceable either. Cobb is different because he's coming into his own as a very good receiver and returner. Thompson could find if he was looking for it another Nelson and Jones.
Mattwaukee

PostPosted: Sun Mar 17, 2013 3:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ketchup wrote:
Vikefan79 wrote:
Mattwaukee wrote:

Well yea, but I see it helping the offense just by subtraction, We seemed to always have to run a play for Jennings to be effective.

I also don't think Jennings is even as good as an all-around WR as Cobb is right now, he came into the league ready to go, Cobb has even looked damn good on the outside.

PostPosted: Sun Mar 17, 2013 3:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Vikefan79 wrote:
MNPackfan32 wrote:
Yeah, it would totally suck to try to find a way to survive on $8,000,000 per year. That's food stamps range, but those wouldn't be enough, his family would probably starve. He would probably produce more as a #2 in Green Bay than he will as a #1 in MN, plus he is way more marketable as a Packer than as a Viking. I think he could easily make that money back up. Plus if he hold records for the Packers he would have opportunities to use that to get money post retirement with meet and greets, books ect. Now he won't be welcomed by Green Bay fans.

How much was Green Bay offering that was guaranteed? I believe Minnesota gave him 18 million guaranteed. That may have been alot more guaranteed money than Green Bay was offering. I don't know for sure because I don't know Greg and I don't know what his wife and him discussed that led up to his signing with Minnesota.

How is he more marketable in Green Bay than Minneapolis? Any idea how many businesses base their headquarters in Minnesota? His personality is what makes him marketable on a national scale. His agent could book that deoderant commercial no matter what team Jennings was playing for. I could really see him working as an analyst after football is over.
Who gives a damn if Target is in Minneapolis or any other company? There isn't crap in Green Bay, but they are more marketable because they have a better QB, better team, more primetime games, more national exposure and have recently won a Super Bowl. That is why.
MNPackfan32

PostPosted: Sun Mar 17, 2013 3:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

justo wrote:
I feel like in GB you are more marketable, because you are part of a national brand.
Exactly.
Vikefan79

PostPosted: Sun Mar 17, 2013 3:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

MNPackfan32 wrote:
Who gives a damn if Target is in Minneapolis or any other company? There isn't crap in Green Bay, but they are more marketable because they have a better QB, better team, more primetime games, more national exposure and have recently won a Super Bowl. That is why.

Why are you so defensive all the time? We're just having a discussion. Rolling Eyes
Pugger

PostPosted: Sun Mar 17, 2013 4:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ketchup wrote:
Funny how fast people forget that back when Greg's rookie deal was close to being up, that he signed a very fair, and team friendly contract. Fans have the shortest memories when it comes to stuff like this. Jennings gave us the best years of his career. I have no problem what so ever with what he did and how he handled it.

I don't really either. He went for the money. Bully for him. I just think he's gonna have buyer's remorse in the end, that's all.

PostPosted: Sun Mar 17, 2013 4:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Vikefan79 wrote:
MNPackfan32 wrote:

Why are you so defensive all the time? We're just having a discussion. Rolling Eyes
Why do you always cry that I get defensive? If you don't like the way I type, stay in the Vikings forum or don't quote me. I was asking seriously why would any company give a damn that Target is in Minneapolis, why would Old Spice care 1 bit about that? Geno Atkins is very good, he plays in Cincinnati, there are more people and more big businesses in Cincinnati than in Green Bay. But Cincinnati hasn't won anything and they aren't on prime time TV much so BJ Raji is more marketable than Geno Atkins.
Vikefan79

PostPosted: Sun Mar 17, 2013 4:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

MNPackfan32 wrote:
Vikefan79 wrote:
MNPackfan32 wrote:

Why do you always cry that I get defensive? If you don't like the way I type, stay in the Vikings forum or don't quote me. I was asking seriously why would any company give a damn that Target is in Minneapolis, why would Old Spice care 1 bit about that? Geno Atkins is very good, he plays in Cincinnati, there are more people and more big businesses in Cincinnati than in Green Bay. But Cincinnati hasn't won anything and they aren't on prime time TV much so BJ Raji is more marketable than Geno Atkins.

Well I guess we're done here. :::HUGS:::
ajhawk5047

PostPosted: Sun Mar 17, 2013 4:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

i still love greg jennings. Shocked
MNPackfan32

PostPosted: Sun Mar 17, 2013 4:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Vikefan79 wrote:
MNPackfan32 wrote:
Vikefan79 wrote:
MNPackfan32 wrote:

Well I guess we're done here. :::HUGS:::
Hey, thanks for picking out 1 line in a post that you couldn't handle, and instead of making points about football(which I did twice) you didn't engage in any meaningful discussion after I made my points. Rather you focused on me and how I wrote my views. I am willing to listen to any valid point as to how Jennings is now more marketable but you failed to give anything logical.
GBPackers79

PostPosted: Sun Mar 17, 2013 4:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Stop. Get back to the subject.

Vikefan79 wrote:
MNPackfan32 wrote:

If you can't discuss the Jennings situation without making it personal, don't post.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Green Bay Packers All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 35, 36, 37 ... 40, 41, 42  Next
Page 36 of 42

Jump to: