Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Goldson not expected to leave Tampa
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Tampa Bay Buccaneers
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Pvsports9

PostPosted: Wed Mar 13, 2013 10:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

tml_gogo wrote:
I think people get too concerned about money. Are you paying the man? No. Can he fit under the massive amount of cap space we have? Yes. Is he an upgrade to our team on the field? Yes. Seems easy.

The GM is far more knowledgeable about our cap situation than any of us fans..I'll trust them to make the decision if a player is worthy of his money. My job is a fan is to want the best possible players on the field, and Goldson is awesome.

so you would blindly follow our GM regarding all contracts because he knows more specific cap details than us? Same guy that signed Eric Wright to a huge deal last year...
YoungBucs15

PostPosted: Wed Mar 13, 2013 10:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Pvsports9 wrote:
tml_gogo wrote:
I think people get too concerned about money. Are you paying the man? No. Can he fit under the massive amount of cap space we have? Yes. Is he an upgrade to our team on the field? Yes. Seems easy.

The GM is far more knowledgeable about our cap situation than any of us fans..I'll trust them to make the decision if a player is worthy of his money. My job is a fan is to want the best possible players on the field, and Goldson is awesome.

so you would blindly follow our GM regarding all contracts because he knows more specific cap details than us? Same guy that signed Eric Wright to a huge deal last year...

Do you really have a choice unless your last name is Glazer??

PostPosted: Wed Mar 13, 2013 10:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Pvsports9 wrote:
tml_gogo wrote:

Those are two different things, though. Dom's personnel decisions, especially with free agency (save our 2012 class) has been poor. We really haven't signed/resigned anyone to a favorable deal. At the same time though, he has structured deals in a way to give us flexibility. By front loading contracts with guaranteed money we have an easy out after 2-3 years. Even with Wright there was a clause in there that voided his guarantees if he gets suspended.

For all of his faults in free agency; Derrick Ward, Michael Clayton, Quincy Black, Eric Wright, etc...he has left us in a very favorable position cap wise. He's a tremendous cap manager.

Adopt-A-Buc Adrian Clayborn
Crying or Very sad Crying or Very sad Crying or Very sad
Lil' Shorty

PostPosted: Wed Mar 13, 2013 10:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

http://espn.go.com/blog/nfcsouth

Quote:
So letís start getting to know Goldson. You can read his Insider scouting report on our Free-Agent Tracker (his grades are outstanding).

Now letís run through some stuff from ESPN Stats & Information. The two-time Pro Bowl selection has nine interceptions over the past two seasons. Thatís the third most by any safety. Goldson, who carried the franchise tag last year, was part of a San Francisco defense that helped the 49ers get to last seasonís Super Bowl.

With Goldson playing a large role, the 49ers didnít give up very many deep balls the past two seasons. The 49ers ranked among the top five defenses in the league in completion percentage, yards per attempt and interceptions on passes of at least 15 yards downfield over the past two seasons. On throws of that distance, Goldson produced six interceptions over the past two seasons.

This guy has the ability to be a center fielder, which would allow Mark Barron to be more of a true strong safety as he enters his second NFL season.

Yeah, this proves it. Goldson sucks in pass D and we would be much better off going after Michael Huff for like $2 million less per season. Rolling Eyes

Smack ^
#FireLovie
96BucsBallin wrote:
Only our team would lose by having an non reviewable play reviewed.
Pvsports9

PostPosted: Wed Mar 13, 2013 11:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hell if that's what it says on ESPN than let's def sign him to a big time deal...just for reference though-here's kenny phillips write up on the same page

Scouts Inc.
Phillips has missed significant playing time with injuries throughout his career. He was active for only seven games in 2012 due an aggravated MCL injury. He has excellent length and athleticism for the position and is a reliable run-support defender when healthy. He shows great range to overlap zones in pass coverage. He is an instinctive player who leverages receivers well as their routes unfold. Phillips can be an important key to the success of the Giants' secondary, but there are durability concerns moving forward.

and they also gave him out of a possible 5...

man coverage- 4
zone coverage-5
speed- 4
Ball Skills-5
Run Support-5
Versatility-4
Durability-2

....guess we should sign my guy then too if we're listening to nfl free agent tracker
deuces22wild

PostPosted: Wed Mar 13, 2013 11:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Pvsports9 wrote:
Hell if that's what it says on ESPN than let's def sign him to a big time deal...just for reference though-here's kenny phillips write up on the same page

Scouts Inc.
Phillips has missed significant playing time with injuries throughout his career. He was active for only seven games in 2012 due an aggravated MCL injury. He has excellent length and athleticism for the position and is a reliable run-support defender when healthy. He shows great range to overlap zones in pass coverage. He is an instinctive player who leverages receivers well as their routes unfold. Phillips can be an important key to the success of the Giants' secondary, but there are durability concerns moving forward.

man coverage- 4
zone coverage-5
speed- 4
Ball Skills-5
Run Support-5
Versatility-4
Durability-2

....guess we should sign my guy then too if we're listening to nfl free agent tracker

Phillips has missed significant playing time with injuries throughout his career. He was active for only seven games in 2012 due an aggravated MCL injury. There are durability concerns moving forward.

FIFY, you bolded the wrong part Wink

Mike Evans 57 - 935 - 10
Pvsports9

PostPosted: Wed Mar 13, 2013 11:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

deuces22wild wrote:
Pvsports9 wrote:

Scouts Inc.

man coverage- 4
zone coverage-5
speed- 4
Ball Skills-5
Run Support-5
Versatility-4
Durability-2

Phillips has missed significant playing time with injuries throughout his career. He was active for only seven games in 2012 due an aggravated MCL injury. There are durability concerns moving forward.

FIFY, you bolded the wrong part Wink

I just really think he'd be a nice addition for a cheap price- very much a Landry type candidate from last year. "Injury concerns" but very talented, young- and he'd be coming home.
tml_gogo

PostPosted: Wed Mar 13, 2013 11:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Pvsports9 wrote:
tml_gogo wrote:

You really don't get what I'm saying. Why do you personally not want to see Dom spend our abundance of cap room on a proven great player? You're not paying the guy!

You're worried about being tied up with bad contracts, but Dom has always structured his contracts beautifully, being able to get out of them if need be. Sure he's made some mistakes, every GM has, but his control of the cap has been wonderful. Despite signing the top 2 free agents last year, we are still in an amazing position regarding our cap, and can spend freely again this year!

So yes, I want Dom to go after the best free agents he can. There is no guarantee they will always work out, but we have the available money to do so. I'm guilty of it too, I just no longer mind the cap ramifications anymore.

Would you honestly take a much lesser, constantly injured player (Phillips) over a proven, durable, great player (Goldson) because it saves our cap $2 million annually? Laughing

Come on dude, I know you don't like Goldson, but this is a no brainer.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 13, 2013 12:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I really expected to wake up to hear Goldson signed this morning Crying or Very sad
deuces22wild

PostPosted: Wed Mar 13, 2013 12:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

http://www.nationalfootballpost.com/Bucs-hoping-to-get-a-deal-done-with-Dashon-Goldson-today.html?sct=uk_t2_a17

Quote:
The talented safety will visit with the Bucs today and the team has an enormous amount of salary-cap room with some big holes to fill. Itís not a done deal yet as agent Ben Dogra told Roy Cummings of the Tampa Tribune Goldson must feel comfortable ďwith the direction of the teamĒ because he wants to win after playing for a team that reached the NFC Championship Game the past two seasons.

March 13, 2013, 08:41 AM EST

That's the latest news I can find about Dashon.

Mike Evans 57 - 935 - 10
BBando

PostPosted: Wed Mar 13, 2013 12:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
Roy Cummings ‏@RCummingsTBO

FA S Dashon Goldson's visit with the Bucs has moved into the contract negotiating stage, per agent Ben Dogra. A deal may be next
Pray

garbage
klopp24

PostPosted: Wed Mar 13, 2013 12:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
@Buccaneers_News: Tampa Bay Buccaneers "Appear Close" To Signing Dashon Goldson http://t.co/JgKPXCLWfm

PostPosted: Wed Mar 13, 2013 12:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

BBando wrote:
Quote:

FA S Dashon Goldson's visit with the Bucs has moved into the contract negotiating stage, per agent Ben Dogra. A deal may be next
Pray

Sounds like he's pleased with the apparent future of this team. Me likey. Very Happy

Adopt-a-Buc Lavonte David 12 Games | 133 Tackles (16 for loss) | 1 Sack | 4 PDs | 3 FFs | 1 FR
deuces22wild

PostPosted: Wed Mar 13, 2013 12:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

BBando wrote:
Quote:

Pray

deuces22wild wrote:
Goldson probably didn't arrive in town until late last night.

Wake up this morning, go for breakfast with Mark and Greg. Get to know each other, letting each other now goals and directions each want to go in. The teams long term game plan.

Take a tour around OBP. Maybe meet some players. Go for a nice lunch. Then start crunching numbers. While the deal is getting finalize go for a nice dinner, maybe a drink then announce the deal later this evening Very Happy

Hit the nail on the head in the fa signing thread. It's 1:30 in Tampa no? Probably just finished lunch 1/2 hour ago Laughing

Mike Evans 57 - 935 - 10
bucsfan333

PostPosted: Wed Mar 13, 2013 12:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

deuces must be there. Shocked

Adopt-a-Buc Lavonte David 12 Games | 133 Tackles (16 for loss) | 1 Sack | 4 PDs | 3 FFs | 1 FR

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Tampa Bay Buccaneers All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 3 of 4

Jump to: