Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Goldson not expected to leave Tampa
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Tampa Bay Buccaneers
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Pvsports9

PostPosted: Tue Mar 12, 2013 6:51 pm    Post subject: Goldson not expected to leave Tampa Reply with quote

Per ESPN insiders

"Tampa Bay is attempting to build the most intimidating safety duo in the NFL with Mark Barron and a potential signing for former San Francisco 49er Dashon Goldson.

ESPN's Adam Schefter reported Tampa Bay will be Goldson's first stop during his free agency tour. Although, teams shouldn't expect him to leave Tampa Bay once he arrives:

Pat Yasinskas
Bucs already working on secondary
"I’m sure the Bucs will put the full-court press on Goldson, and I’d be surprised if he gets out of One Buccaneer Place without signing a contract. The Bucs made a similar early splash last year when they quickly signed receiver Vincent Jackson, guard Carl Nicks and cornerback Eric Wright.""

This would be mistake of epic proportions...just like eric wright and just like a few years ago when some of the clowns on here though sean smith was a great signing. We don't need two thumpers playing safety. We need a lockdown playmaker back there not two liabilities in coverage...please god don't waste cap space on this guy
leadkills

PostPosted: Tue Mar 12, 2013 6:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Did you watch him play? He can hit and play coverage.
5nick5

PostPosted: Tue Mar 12, 2013 6:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

His coverage ability is actually pretty good, a hell of a lot better than anybody currently on the team with the exception of Ronde.

Thanks to BGG on the sig.

Adopt-a-Buc - Johnthan Banks 40 Tackles 2INT 5PD
tml_gogo

PostPosted: Tue Mar 12, 2013 7:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Someone has to start actually watching the dude rather than listening to the ESPN talking heads. Goldson is good in coverage. He's not some epic coverage safety, but he's good. Combine that with everything else he brings, and I would love to have him.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 12, 2013 7:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

we are trying to upgrade the worst secondary in the nfl...this is going to help for the price it'll cost us.

He's an average player- I want all of you geniuses to lay it on the table now- if he's signed- and on the team for 3 FULL seasons- i will deactivate myself permanently- DaRealDeal lock me up at that point.

If he's not- all of you go

This IS going to be a huge mistake financially
5nick5

PostPosted: Tue Mar 12, 2013 7:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Pvsports9 wrote:
we are trying to upgrade the worst secondary in the nfl...this is going to help for the price it'll cost us.

He's an average player- I want all of you geniuses to lay it on the table now- if he's signed- and on the team for 3 FULL seasons- i will deactivate myself permanently- DaRealDeal lock me up at that point.

So you want to make a deal where if we're wrong, the only person on this forum will be you?

Pvsports9

PostPosted: Tue Mar 12, 2013 7:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

5nick5 wrote:
Pvsports9 wrote:

So you want to make a deal where if we're wrong, the only person on this forum will be you?

If you all want Goldson...
tml_gogo

PostPosted: Tue Mar 12, 2013 7:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Pvsports9 wrote:

lol...what?

PostPosted: Tue Mar 12, 2013 7:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

48 1/2ers wrote:
Whoever gets Goldson will be very happy. He is the best safety in the NFL at making a big LEGAL hit. Its going to be hard to replace him Crying or Very sad

...there's that.
REDandPEWTER

PostPosted: Tue Mar 12, 2013 7:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Pvsports9 wrote:

I understand you're point, but I wouldn't say Gholdson is an average player. He's very intimidating, so teaming him up with Barron will strike some fear in WRs who come there way.

Gholdson struggled a bit in coverage, but it's not like he was down right terrible.

I do agree that we shouldn't exceed 8 million a year. Honestly, I think we get somewhere in between.

You forget, Barron was a rookie last year. Obviously, he's going to struggle, but there were improvements towards the end of the year. Also, what we saw in the first 6 games were very promising.

You also forget. Gholdson has a knack for the football as well. He wasn't appealing to me at first, but I dug some research. I'm not all too thrilled about paying him 8 million, but He's not a collassell bust of a player either. He's young at 28 years old, fiery player, durable, and a leader.

I approve of the move.
deuces22wild

PostPosted: Tue Mar 12, 2013 7:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

deuces22wild wrote:
BucsCanesFan6 wrote:
deuces22wild wrote:
BucsCanesFan6 wrote:
Can you guys explain you love for Goldson? Just curious, I like him too, but he seems be very similar to Barron, run stopping safety that hits hard but is inconsistent in coverage.

deuces22wild wrote:
The guy has 9 ints in the last two seasons but because he can lay the wood he's a ss?

His 9 ints and 21 pd over the last two seasons match up well against a guy like Earl Thomas who stats are 5 ints and 15 pd over the same period. Heck even Eric Weddle has similar stats 10 ints and 19 pd.

Please explain how he is inconsistent in coverage?

I haven't watched him play too much, I'm just basing it off what some of my 49er friends have said about him.

I have been posting on and off in the 9ers thread for probably the last 2 months. Most if not all said the same thing. Leader of the defense, sets the tone, good against the pass but sometimes gambles too much.

The stats are there, the fans like him and wanted him to stay. In his prime now, only missed 2 games the last 4 seasons. Seems full proof to me!

3rd time I'm posting this!

9ers fans love him, he has the stats Pvs maybe dig little deeper next time before posting!

PostPosted: Tue Mar 12, 2013 7:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sorry to be a "grammar nazi" but it's Goldson*

PostPosted: Tue Mar 12, 2013 7:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Pvsports9 wrote:
5nick5 wrote:
Pvsports9 wrote:

If you all want Goldson...

I don't know of anybody at the moment opposing it, other than yourself.

Pvsports9

PostPosted: Tue Mar 12, 2013 8:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

deuces22wild wrote:
deuces22wild wrote:
BucsCanesFan6 wrote:
deuces22wild wrote:
BucsCanesFan6 wrote:
Can you guys explain you love for Goldson? Just curious, I like him too, but he seems be very similar to Barron, run stopping safety that hits hard but is inconsistent in coverage.

deuces22wild wrote:
The guy has 9 ints in the last two seasons but because he can lay the wood he's a ss?

His 9 ints and 21 pd over the last two seasons match up well against a guy like Earl Thomas who stats are 5 ints and 15 pd over the same period. Heck even Eric Weddle has similar stats 10 ints and 19 pd.

Please explain how he is inconsistent in coverage?

I haven't watched him play too much, I'm just basing it off what some of my 49er friends have said about him.

I have been posting on and off in the 9ers thread for probably the last 2 months. Most if not all said the same thing. Leader of the defense, sets the tone, good against the pass but sometimes gambles too much.

The stats are there, the fans like him and wanted him to stay. In his prime now, only missed 2 games the last 4 seasons. Seems full proof to me!

3rd time I'm posting this!

9ers fans love him, he has the stats Pvs maybe dig little deeper next time before posting!

That's like saying Revis is a bad corner because he doesn't collect interceptions...it works both ways. IF you actually watch the 49'ers like I do since I live in the Bay area...its not like he's tracking these balls in the air like Ed Reed.

Also- more to the point of doing research...it's not too hard to have interception opportunities as a safety when quarterbacks have zero time to throw the ball accurately going against a fierce pass rush from the front seven
bucsEST96

PostPosted: Tue Mar 12, 2013 8:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

A lil much for a slow safety. Idk . Money can be spent in better places

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Tampa Bay Buccaneers All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 1 of 4

Jump to: