Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Adams Re-Signed
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Oakland Raiders
View previous topic :: View next topic  
sundancejoe

PostPosted: Tue Mar 12, 2013 6:37 pm    Post subject: Adams Re-Signed Reply with quote

http://www.rotoworld.com/player/nfl/5975/phillip-adams

Quote:
Raiders re-signed CB Phillip Adams to a one-year, $630,000 contract.
Oakland declined to tender Adams as an RFA earlier in the day. That would have paid him $1.323 million, so they save a little more than half that by re-upping him. Adams was arguably the Raiders' best corner in 2012, which isn't saying much. He could have a chance to start this season. Mar 12 - 6:28 PM
Source: Steve Corkran on Twitter
oakdb36

PostPosted: Tue Mar 12, 2013 6:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It's a bit strange he agreed to this contract but i guess the opportunity to start he couldn't find anywhere else made it possible. Smart business by Mckenzie on that one.
holyghost

PostPosted: Tue Mar 12, 2013 6:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

oakdb36 wrote:
It's a bit strange he agreed to this contract but i guess the opportunity to start he couldn't find anywhere else made it possible. Smart business by Mckenzie on that one.

MMMM, I don't know how strange it is. Noone else would give him a chance and he had 2 concussions in 3 weeks starting. He's getting minimum salary anywhere else, on a stronger CB corps with less chance to become a starter.
RaiderX

PostPosted: Tue Mar 12, 2013 6:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

holyghost wrote:
oakdb36 wrote:

MMMM, I don't know how strange it is. Noone else would give him a chance and he had 2 concussions in 3 weeks starting. He's getting minimum salary anywhere else, on a stronger CB corps with less chance to become a starter.

+1. The guy still has a lot to prove. Played well in a couple games but need to see more. This gives him another opportunity. If he's going through concussions again theres no risk with the money.

SaveourSonics wrote:
Yea, RaiderX wins. We can all just top acting like this is a matter of opinion. MY GOD.
oakdb36

PostPosted: Tue Mar 12, 2013 6:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

holyghost wrote:
oakdb36 wrote:

Well, he surely didn't even attempt to test his market. I'm not saying teams would have been all over him but re-signing so early when your team passed on tendering you is strange from a business standpoint. That's why i said the main reason was probably the opportunity to start here.
raiders006

PostPosted: Tue Mar 12, 2013 7:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

great move
holyghost

PostPosted: Tue Mar 12, 2013 7:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

oakdb36 wrote:
holyghost wrote:
oakdb36 wrote:

Well, he surely didn't even attempt to test his market. I'm not saying teams would have been all over him but re-signing so early when your team passed on tendering you is strange from a business standpoint. That's why i said the main reason was probably the opportunity to start here.

Opportunity to start, sure. No CB corps thinner than ours...

Guys make weird moves all the time for whatever personal reasons they have. Some guys would rather just have a contract I guess and not risk it. J. Campbell comes to mind...
ch8878

PostPosted: Tue Mar 12, 2013 7:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Did we really need a thread for this ? Rolling Eyes

PostPosted: Tue Mar 12, 2013 7:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ch8878 wrote:

Hes a guy that could be starting for us next year, and played well down the stretch. Its thread worthy.

Do we really need everyone to pretend to be a mod and complain about threads? Rolling Eyes

PostPosted: Tue Mar 12, 2013 7:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

holyghost wrote:
oakdb36 wrote:

I agree.

Either way, this is a great deal & a job well done by RM. Small sample size, but I really liked what I saw from Adams.
DOCLEW 28

PostPosted: Wed Mar 13, 2013 3:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

oakdb36 wrote:
holyghost wrote:
oakdb36 wrote:

Or maybe the kid just feel comfortable here after bouncing around. There is something to be said for liking your surroundings, coaches and teammates. Plus the team probably advised him that he was in their plans if he decided to stay. We aren't gonna give you big money but there is a definite opportunity here. Or do you wanna gamble somewhere else?

It was a solid move by the team and a smart move by the kid.

Raider X hooked me with the sig
Dreadymatt

PostPosted: Wed Mar 13, 2013 4:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

raiders006 wrote:
great move

completely agree, with all the exits (and mnore to come I guess) we've got to look for the gold dust like this
Joe Nobody

PostPosted: Thu Mar 14, 2013 3:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Concussions aside, I really like this kid. I hope he doesn't blow up all at once, though. We won't be able to afford him if he does. Laughing
DOCLEW 28

PostPosted: Fri Mar 15, 2013 3:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm still in wait and see mode with Adams. I really wonder who we are going to draft at the position or what UDFA's we are able to bring in at that position after he draft is over.

Raider X hooked me with the sig
CrapTakula

PostPosted: Fri Mar 15, 2013 11:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

LivingLegendWFC wrote:
ch8878 wrote:

Hes a guy that could be starting for us next year, and played well down the stretch. Its thread worthy.

Do we really need everyone to pretend to be a mod and complain about threads? Rolling Eyes

It's the offseason and we made a move.
That's as thread worthy as pretty much anything else we are going to discuss here.

Bolansho Boro Begoz

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Oakland Raiders All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: