Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Danell Ellerbe agrees with Dolphins
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Baltimore Ravens
View previous topic :: View next topic  
BaltimoreTerp

Most Valuable Poster (4th Ballot)

PostPosted: Tue Mar 12, 2013 6:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Lotta money, but I would have liked to keep him.

Get some upgrades at DL though, and it mitigates some of the downgrade we'll get with a likely Byrnes/rookie/McClain depth chart there. Canty is a start.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 12, 2013 6:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just reassures me that Arthur Brown and Minter will be Ravens shortly. Laughing
We bout to repeat!

Ray Lewis wrote:
This it! This it, man! This is it! We goin' for a ring man!

Wise Old Man wrote:
Joe Flacco doesn't believe in miracles; miracles believe in Joe Flacco
Go_Ravens2

PostPosted: Tue Mar 12, 2013 6:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

RavensfanRD wrote:
Just reassures me that Arthur Brown and Minter will be Ravens shortly. Laughing
We bout to repeat!

I think "or" is much more likely but I'd love to have em both.

GO RAVENS!!
Dolphinemidget

PostPosted: Tue Mar 12, 2013 7:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

He comes in a lot cheaper then Dansby and we get 4 years younger also saves us about 11 million next season. Hope u all resign Reed love that guy hope he retires as a Raven.

Adopt a Phins 14, 1st Pick Ryan Tannehill
(14 Season Week-11 )
65.4% CMP - 2354 yards -17 TD's - 7 INT's - 92.2 Rat /RUSH 261 Yards 37 Atmts
r_sayle

PostPosted: Tue Mar 12, 2013 7:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

That's wheeler gone to.
SnA ExclusiVe

PostPosted: Tue Mar 12, 2013 8:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The only thing I've learned this offseason is that it's only okay to terribly overpay a QB, but nobody else.

I'm still upset that we're letting so many starters and so many of our best players go, but I'm done raging over it.

If Ozzie doesn't absolutely NAIL the draft AND free agency, this season is going to be painful to watch.
NJ Raven

PostPosted: Tue Mar 12, 2013 9:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

SnA ExclusiVe wrote:
The only thing I've learned this offseason is that it's only okay to terribly overpay a QB, but nobody else.

I'm still upset that we're letting so many starters and so many of our best players go, but I'm done raging over it.

If Ozzie doesn't absolutely NAIL the draft AND free agency, this season is going to be painful to watch.

How are you not used to this? Let's not act like this doesn't happen year after year.
wackywabbit

PostPosted: Tue Mar 12, 2013 9:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

NJ Raven wrote:
SnA ExclusiVe wrote:

How are you not used to this? Let's not act like this doesn't happen year after year.

Yea, it's not like we've received the most compensatory picks of any franchise since we became a team (not even counting our numerous losses the last 2 years) because Goodell likes our uniforms.
SnA ExclusiVe

PostPosted: Tue Mar 12, 2013 9:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

NJ Raven wrote:
SnA ExclusiVe wrote:

I guess I just never really noticed it until this year...
coordinator0

PostPosted: Tue Mar 12, 2013 9:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

That's a lot of money for Ellerbe. I was under the assumption that Miami played a 4-3 now too. Seems odd. I'm not too worried about it. If they were going to spend that kind of money I'd rather it have been on Kruger who only got a bit more.
NJ Raven

PostPosted: Tue Mar 12, 2013 9:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

SnA ExclusiVe wrote:
NJ Raven wrote:
SnA ExclusiVe wrote:

Were you a Raven fan the day that Scott & Lewis hit free agency? That was tenfold the amount of nerves of today.

But seriously, how many big FAs did Green Bay and New England sign? Or Pittsburgh. We'll be fine, assuming Flacco and Caldwell progess well.
SnA ExclusiVe

PostPosted: Tue Mar 12, 2013 9:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

NJ Raven wrote:
SnA ExclusiVe wrote:
NJ Raven wrote:
SnA ExclusiVe wrote:

Were you a Raven fan the day that Scott & Lewis hit free agency? That was tenfold the amount of nerves of today.

But seriously, how many big FAs did Green Bay and New England sign? Or Pittsburgh. We'll be fine, assuming Flacco and Caldwell progess well.

Yes I was, that was the same year that Sizzle signed his huge contract, right? I can't really remember but I do remember the year Lewis his F/A, but I wasn't a big fan back then and didn't really pay attention to anything other than the games on Sunday's, so I have no idea how that whole thing went down.

I'm not talking about signing people, I'm talking about just letting your best players walk out the door or trading them for nothing. That's the thing that irks me because now if they don't absolutely NAIL the draft, they are screwed.
coordinator0

PostPosted: Tue Mar 12, 2013 9:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

SnA ExclusiVe wrote:
Yes I was, that was the same year that Sizzle signed his huge contract, right? I can't really remember but I do remember the year Lewis his F/A, but I wasn't a big fan back then and didn't really pay attention to anything other than the games on Sunday's, so I have no idea how that whole thing went down.

I'm not talking about signing people, I'm talking about just letting your best players walk out the door or trading them for nothing. That's the thing that irks me because now if they don't absolutely NAIL the draft, they are screwed.

Yep. Jason Brown was a free agent that year too. I really wanted the Ravens to keep him but they made the right decision in the end by putting money towards Suggs and Lewis.
SnA ExclusiVe

PostPosted: Tue Mar 12, 2013 10:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

coordinator0 wrote:
SnA ExclusiVe wrote:

Yep. Jason Brown was a free agent that year too. I really wanted the Ravens to keep him but they made the right decision in the end by putting money towards Suggs and Lewis.

Yeah, so I guess I'm just gonna have to get used to the fact that unless you're Joe Flacco or top-3 at your position, you're not getting paid by the Ravens.
Boodgyman5220

PostPosted: Tue Mar 12, 2013 10:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

SnA ExclusiVe wrote:
coordinator0 wrote:
SnA ExclusiVe wrote:

Yeah, so I guess I'm just gonna have to get used to the fact that unless you're Joe Flacco or top-3 at your position, you're not getting paid by the Ravens.

How many times do we pay our best players through their prime, get their best years, and then watch them get overpaid for their last few years and decline while doing it. We don't make huge mistakes that handicap us. We build through the draft and reasonable free agent signings. When a player leaves we replace them with the draft. How hard is that to see? We do it all the time. Remember when we cut mason, heap, gregg, and mcgahee? Everyone thought we were going downhill but we ended up one catch away from a superbowl appearance. Why? because we build through the draft.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Baltimore Ravens All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
Page 2 of 3

Jump to: