Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Rehab Thread
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Washington Redskins
View previous topic :: View next topic  
DCRED

PostPosted: Tue Jun 18, 2013 11:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Woz wrote:
DCRED wrote:
Woz wrote:
Biggest issue with going Morris / Helu / Thompson as your 1/2/3 is the health issues with Helu and Thompson. It would give the Redskins speed, but how much can you rely on that triple?

Well, aren't you really only needing ONE of those 2 backups to stay healthy week to week? And you aren't really putting them in incredible danger with 10 or less carries a game...

Also, with Shanahan's track record I don't see us Not having a few RB's in mind that won't be picked up by other teams. And as turtle said, most likely Jamison is waiting in the wings on the PS

Given their injury history, both in terms of quantity and severity, I would not be surprised if both Helu and Thompson were on the injury report at the same time. Both would give us that backfield receiver that would just add one more headache for opposing defenses. I'm just not counting on it.

Hmmm. You saying both Helu and Thompson.... made me think of the two of them on the field at the same time, running wheel routes to either side of the field, pulling Safeties over with RG3 threatening to streak around the end, our OL at the second level smashing LBers, watching a TE streak up the seam with the Safeties pulled out of the way Laughing What is a Defense to do?

Which brought me to this:

http://www.everydayshouldbesaturday.com/2013/1/18/3866348/all-wheel-routes

I just lmao Laughing d'oh! Laughing
turtle28

PostPosted: Wed Jul 03, 2013 11:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

http://bleacherreport.com/tb/daKAD?utm_source=newsletter&utm_medium=newsletter&utm_campaign=washington-redskins

Article from Redskins.com on Minifield's rehab.

From reading the article, it sounds like Minifield is close to being 100%, but int quite there yet. I hope they designate him as PUP to start training camp. It seems to me, given the tough competition he faces at CB this year and that he's not 100%, that he's a prime candidate for the practice squad this year.

Last year, Hasslett had this to say about Minifield:

Quote:
“I like the guys we added through the draft and I’m really impressed with Chase [Minnifield],” defensive coordinator Jim Haslett said at the time. “I think they’re all great additions.”

Shanahan had this to say about Minnifield this year:

Quote:
“[Minnifield]’s ready to compete,” head coach Mike Shanahan said. “I really liked him last year; it was just a shame in the last practice that he had an injury.

“He’s worked extremely hard to get himself in great shape. And him coming back, just in the first couple of days, he’s been very impressive. Now he’s got five weeks to keep on getting better and do what he needs to make our football team.”

Even though Minnifield was injured and didn't play last year, he was able to attend practices, meetings and spend time in the film room. He is already comfortable with our defensive system because he's been around the team for over a year now. For that reason Minnifield says last year wasn't a wasted year because he learned so much.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
turtle28

PostPosted: Thu Jul 11, 2013 8:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

@Rich_TandlerCSN: The building, probably the QB, and most of the other players will be ready for #Redskins camp starting in 2 weeks. http://t.co/SDPwcU2wBZ

Great news!

Quote:
The two exceptions are Adam Carriker and Jordan Bernstine. Carriker has said that he will start camp on the PUP list as he recovers from the torn quad in his right leg he suffered in Week 2. And Bernstine’s knee injury in the opener was quite severe and it will not be surprising if he is not ready to go.

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
Woz

Location: in a land where the furniture folds to a much smaller size
PostPosted: Thu Jul 11, 2013 10:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

turtle28 wrote:
@Rich_TandlerCSN: The building, probably the QB, and most of the other players will be ready for #Redskins camp starting in 2 weeks. http://t.co/SDPwcU2wBZ

Great news!

Quote:
The two exceptions are Adam Carriker and Jordan Bernstine. Carriker has said that he will start camp on the PUP list as he recovers from the torn quad in his right leg he suffered in Week 2. And Bernstine’s knee injury in the opener was quite severe and it will not be surprising if he is not ready to go.

Sorry to see Bernstine out, but correct me if I'm wrong: wasn't the fact that he was always hurt the reason we were able to get him in the 7th last year?
turtle28

PostPosted: Fri Jul 12, 2013 6:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Woz wrote:
turtle28 wrote:

Great news!

Quote:

Sorry to see Bernstine out, but correct me if I'm wrong: wasn't the fact that he was always hurt the reason we were able to get him in the 7th last year?
yes. He was always hurt, but has starting talent
DCRED

PostPosted: Sat Jul 13, 2013 8:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Woz wrote:
turtle28 wrote:

Great news!

Quote:

Yeah that's the only issue I have with all of the injured players we've been drafting lately.. A bit alarming drafting an injured player in the THIRD though (Reed) , but I'll stand behind it because of the Huge potential upside...

But all these late draft picks have less than 50/50 making the team anyway so if I had to make a choice between talent OR will they make it back/ keep getting injured ???---I'll take the injury concerns
turtle28

PostPosted: Fri Jul 19, 2013 2:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

http://m.washingtonpost.com/blogs/football-insider/wp/2013/07/18/pierre-garcon-cleared-for-full-action-following-shoulder-rehab/

Garçon cleared to fully participate

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Washington Redskins All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3
Page 3 of 3

Jump to: