Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

 FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Rehab Thread
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
 
Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Washington Redskins
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Author Message
DCRED


Joined: 07 Jun 2010
Posts: 3950
Location: USA
PostPosted: Thu Jun 13, 2013 12:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

turtle28 wrote:
Quote:
Safety Brandon Meriweather is expected to be ready to practice when the Washington Redskins open training camp next month in Richmond, Coach Mike Shanahan said Tuesday.

“According to the doctors, he’s ready to go in July,” Shanahan said following Tuesday’s minicamp practice at Redskins Park. “They don’t think there’s any question about it. He’ll be full speed, ready to go. Hopefully there is no setback. But right now the doctors have told me that they believe that he’ll be ready to go once we go to Richmond.”
This is great news

http://www.washingtonpost.com/blogs/football-insider/wp/2013/06/11/meriweather-will-be-ready-at-the-outset-of-training-camp-shanahan-says/


Full Speed in July?? Awesome!!
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
S. Taylor


Joined: 20 Mar 2005
Posts: 11281
Location: By the Lake
PostPosted: Thu Jun 13, 2013 2:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't have the link, but there was a tweet stating that Adam Carriker will "likely" start training camp on PUP.
_________________
"The key to life is working harder than your situation. Work harder than your situation..."
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address
turtle28


Joined: 21 Nov 2007
Posts: 64252
Location: MD/DC/VA depends on the hr!
PostPosted: Thu Jun 13, 2013 7:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

S. Taylor wrote:
I don't have the link, but there was a tweet stating that Adam Carriker will "likely" start training camp on PUP.
yeah. I expected him to be PUP'd and take the full 6 weeks into the season before they activate him, if they even do
_________________
RIP SSFmike23md

"God made certain people to play football... Sean was one" JG
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
Woz


Moderator
Joined: 10 Mar 2006
Posts: 20295
Location: in a land where the furniture folds to a much smaller size
PostPosted: Fri Jun 14, 2013 10:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

turtle28 wrote:
S. Taylor wrote:
I don't have the link, but there was a tweet stating that Adam Carriker will "likely" start training camp on PUP.
yeah. I expected him to be PUP'd and take the full 6 weeks into the season before they activate him, if they even do


Well, if they place him on the PUP list, they can take him off at any time before the start of the season. If they do, he then counts against the 90 player roster limit for training camp. If they don't take him off the PUP by the start of the season, he then has to sit out for six weeks. At that point, they have three weeks to activate him; if they don't activate him by Week 9, he's ends up on IR and is done for the season.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
turtle28


Joined: 21 Nov 2007
Posts: 64252
Location: MD/DC/VA depends on the hr!
PostPosted: Sat Jun 15, 2013 1:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Woz wrote:
turtle28 wrote:
S. Taylor wrote:
I don't have the link, but there was a tweet stating that Adam Carriker will "likely" start training camp on PUP.
yeah. I expected him to be PUP'd and take the full 6 weeks into the season before they activate him, if they even do


Well, if they place him on the PUP list, they can take him off at any time before the start of the season. If they do, he then counts against the 90 player roster limit for training camp. If they don't take him off the PUP by the start of the season, he then has to sit out for six weeks. At that point, they have three weeks to activate him; if they don't activate him by Week 9, he's ends up on IR and is done for the season.
oh ok. I wondered how that worked. I thought if you PUP'd a player they had to be added to your roster after six weeks, thanks for the explanation Woz.
_________________
RIP SSFmike23md

"God made certain people to play football... Sean was one" JG
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
DCRED


Joined: 07 Jun 2010
Posts: 3950
Location: USA
PostPosted: Sat Jun 15, 2013 9:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

http://www.redskins.com/media-gallery/photo-gallery/Washington-Redskins-Minicamp/2577e69b-2b65-4613-bb1b-08d3f8264f0c#end

Posting these pics mainly to illustrate Griffin's Rehab, but there are a couple cool shots in there of other players.

RG3 scrambling, Cousins looking Beast and Jordan Reed catching.. Which is really cool because he was nursing that knee...

http://www.csnwashington.com/football-washington-redskins/talk/te-jordan-reed-road-recovery

Quote:
Reed said it’s also been helpful to rehab with RG3, who has been throwing almost exclusively to Reed, Davis and Pierre Garçon for the past several weeks.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
turtle28


Joined: 21 Nov 2007
Posts: 64252
Location: MD/DC/VA depends on the hr!
PostPosted: Sat Jun 15, 2013 10:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

DCRED wrote:
http://www.redskins.com/media-gallery/photo-gallery/Washington-Redskins-Minicamp/2577e69b-2b65-4613-bb1b-08d3f8264f0c#end

Posting these pics mainly to illustrate Griffin's Rehab, but there are a couple cool shots in there of other players.

RG3 scrambling, Cousins looking Beast and Jordan Reed catching.. Which is really cool because he was nursing that knee...

http://www.csnwashington.com/football-washington-redskins/talk/te-jordan-reed-road-recovery

Quote:
Reed said it’s also been helpful to rehab with RG3, who has been throwing almost exclusively to Reed, Davis and Pierre Garçon for the past several weeks.
awesome stuff. I love seeing Helu run also, that guys such an explosive player when healthy.

Do you know who that Guy was with the shield on? I think looks like a DB, it's probably Amerson or Rambo, but they don't have captions. Of course the number on the shorts says 83, so maybe it's Davis. If it's Davis, He looks in really good shape

I really hope RG3 wears that brace all year, it seems he moves fine in it. It really looks like he's bulked up a lot which is great. I'd say he put on at least 10 lbs of muscle and weighs in the 230's now.
_________________
RIP SSFmike23md

"God made certain people to play football... Sean was one" JG
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
DCRED


Joined: 07 Jun 2010
Posts: 3950
Location: USA
PostPosted: Sat Jun 15, 2013 2:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

turtle28 wrote:
DCRED wrote:
http://www.redskins.com/media-gallery/photo-gallery/Washington-Redskins-Minicamp/2577e69b-2b65-4613-bb1b-08d3f8264f0c#end

Posting these pics mainly to illustrate Griffin's Rehab, but there are a couple cool shots in there of other players.

RG3 scrambling, Cousins looking Beast and Jordan Reed catching.. Which is really cool because he was nursing that knee...

http://www.csnwashington.com/football-washington-redskins/talk/te-jordan-reed-road-recovery

Quote:
Reed said it’s also been helpful to rehab with RG3, who has been throwing almost exclusively to Reed, Davis and Pierre Garçon for the past several weeks.
awesome stuff. I love seeing Helu run also, that guys such an explosive player when healthy.

Do you know who that Guy was with the shield on? I think looks like a DB, it's probably Amerson or Rambo, but they don't have captions. Of course the number on the shorts says 83, so maybe it's Davis. If it's Davis, He looks in really good shape

I really hope RG3 wears that brace all year, it seems he moves fine in it. It really looks like he's bulked up a lot which is great. I'd say he put on at least 10 lbs of muscle and weighs in the 230's now.


I couldn't tell any noticeable weight gain on RG3... Maybe 5lbs but 10 would be more obvious, I would think.. The one pic at the presser is the camera angle making him look bigger. But IF he has it wouldn't hurt my feelings..

Fred Davis is wearing 83 in camp

I see why Shanahan gave them the last day off though. These guys look like they are focused and in great shape. I understand what reports were saying about the team being hungry.

Our DB's look ripped when they are playing, better than their profile shots..
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
turtle28


Joined: 21 Nov 2007
Posts: 64252
Location: MD/DC/VA depends on the hr!
PostPosted: Sat Jun 15, 2013 4:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

DCRED wrote:
turtle28 wrote:
DCRED wrote:
http://www.redskins.com/media-gallery/photo-gallery/Washington-Redskins-Minicamp/2577e69b-2b65-4613-bb1b-08d3f8264f0c#end

Posting these pics mainly to illustrate Griffin's Rehab, but there are a couple cool shots in there of other players.

RG3 scrambling, Cousins looking Beast and Jordan Reed catching.. Which is really cool because he was nursing that knee...

http://www.csnwashington.com/football-washington-redskins/talk/te-jordan-reed-road-recovery

Quote:
Reed said it’s also been helpful to rehab with RG3, who has been throwing almost exclusively to Reed, Davis and Pierre Garçon for the past several weeks.
awesome stuff. I love seeing Helu run also, that guys such an explosive player when healthy.

Do you know who that Guy was with the shield on? I think looks like a DB, it's probably Amerson or Rambo, but they don't have captions. Of course the number on the shorts says 83, so maybe it's Davis. If it's Davis, He looks in really good shape

I really hope RG3 wears that brace all year, it seems he moves fine in it. It really looks like he's bulked up a lot which is great. I'd say he put on at least 10 lbs of muscle and weighs in the 230's now.


I couldn't tell any noticeable weight gain on RG3... Maybe 5lbs but 10 would be more obvious, I would think.. The one pic at the presser is the camera angle making him look bigger. But IF he has it wouldn't hurt my feelings..

Fred Davis is wearing 83 in camp

I see why Shanahan gave them the last day off though. These guys look like they are focused and in great shape. I understand what reports were saying about the team being hungry.

Our DB's look ripped when they are playing, better than their profile shots..
Here is the pic and article on Helu from wapo

http://m.washingtonpost.com/blogs/football-insider/wp/2013/06/07/roy-helu-finally-returns-to-full-strength/
_________________
RIP SSFmike23md

"God made certain people to play football... Sean was one" JG
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
DCRED


Joined: 07 Jun 2010
Posts: 3950
Location: USA
PostPosted: Sat Jun 15, 2013 6:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

turtle28 wrote:
Here is the pic and article on Helu from wapo

http://m.washingtonpost.com/blogs/football-insider/wp/2013/06/07/roy-helu-finally-returns-to-full-strength/


Cool. I'm really hoping Helu is that change-of -pace back to Morris, giving us the opportunity to stash Thompson on the PUP/PS...

Did you see the article on the Bounce 18/19 and using more speed outside? Helu could really help us with this, and his receiving skills could also benefit us greatly on plays where the RB is bouncing outside for a pass

Also, if we are successful using Helu to spread coverage towards the sidelines reacting to previous plays, that could open up things in the middle for our TE's which figure to be used more this year

http://www.hogshaven.com/2013/6/11/4419106/redskins-playbook-18-19-bounce-run-series
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
turtle28


Joined: 21 Nov 2007
Posts: 64252
Location: MD/DC/VA depends on the hr!
PostPosted: Sat Jun 15, 2013 6:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

DCRED wrote:
turtle28 wrote:
Here is the pic and article on Helu from wapo

http://m.washingtonpost.com/blogs/football-insider/wp/2013/06/07/roy-helu-finally-returns-to-full-strength/


Cool. I'm really hoping Helu is that change-of -pace back to Morris, giving us the opportunity to stash Thompson on the PUP/PS...

Did you see the article on the Bounce 18/19 and using more speed outside? Helu could really help us with this, and his receiving skills could also benefit us greatly on plays where the RB is bouncing outside for a pass

Also, if we are successful using Helu to spread coverage towards the sidelines reacting to previous plays, that could open up things in the middle for our TE's which figure to be used more this year

http://www.hogshaven.com/2013/6/11/4419106/redskins-playbook-18-19-bounce-run-series
Well, I think Helu will be #2 and Thompson will be #3 now. I think it's Jamison who we'll stash on the practice squad. I'm a big Royster fan (as I'm sure you know) but as we all can agree, while he does everything Ok, he does nothing well. He needs a lot of carries to have a big impact on a game, he's not a change of pace back. Since we have Morris to be the workhorse, there isn't a need for Royster.

Hopefully at some point we could bring back Royster if need be, but I have this feeling he won't stay unemployed long.

Helu and Thompson will definitely do what you're talking about, be a change of pace, speed and athleticism not he edge and receiving out of the backfield. We missed those things last year. I can't wait to watch Helu and Thompson burn up the edges and leave lbs in the dust.
_________________
RIP SSFmike23md

"God made certain people to play football... Sean was one" JG
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
Woz


Moderator
Joined: 10 Mar 2006
Posts: 20295
Location: in a land where the furniture folds to a much smaller size
PostPosted: Sun Jun 16, 2013 2:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Biggest issue with going Morris / Helu / Thompson as your 1/2/3 is the health issues with Helu and Thompson. It would give the Redskins speed, but how much can you rely on that triple?
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
turtle28


Joined: 21 Nov 2007
Posts: 64252
Location: MD/DC/VA depends on the hr!
PostPosted: Sun Jun 16, 2013 10:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Woz wrote:
Biggest issue with going Morris / Helu / Thompson as your 1/2/3 is the health issues with Helu and Thompson. It would give the Redskins speed, but how much can you rely on that triple?
well they are our 3 best backs.

If Jamison is on the PS, then I shouldn't be an issue
_________________
RIP SSFmike23md

"God made certain people to play football... Sean was one" JG
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
DCRED


Joined: 07 Jun 2010
Posts: 3950
Location: USA
PostPosted: Mon Jun 17, 2013 12:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Woz wrote:
Biggest issue with going Morris / Helu / Thompson as your 1/2/3 is the health issues with Helu and Thompson. It would give the Redskins speed, but how much can you rely on that triple?


Well, aren't you really only needing ONE of those 2 backups to stay healthy week to week? And you aren't really putting them in incredible danger with 10 or less carries a game...

Also, with Shanahan's track record I don't see us Not having a few RB's in mind that won't be picked up by other teams. And as turtle said, most likely Jamison is waiting in the wings on the PS
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Woz


Moderator
Joined: 10 Mar 2006
Posts: 20295
Location: in a land where the furniture folds to a much smaller size
PostPosted: Tue Jun 18, 2013 8:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

DCRED wrote:
Woz wrote:
Biggest issue with going Morris / Helu / Thompson as your 1/2/3 is the health issues with Helu and Thompson. It would give the Redskins speed, but how much can you rely on that triple?


Well, aren't you really only needing ONE of those 2 backups to stay healthy week to week? And you aren't really putting them in incredible danger with 10 or less carries a game...

Also, with Shanahan's track record I don't see us Not having a few RB's in mind that won't be picked up by other teams. And as turtle said, most likely Jamison is waiting in the wings on the PS


Given their injury history, both in terms of quantity and severity, I would not be surprised if both Helu and Thompson were on the injury report at the same time. Both would give us that backfield receiver that would just add one more headache for opposing defenses. I'm just not counting on it.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Display posts from previous:   

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Washington Redskins All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
Page 2 of 3

 
Jump to:  
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum




Powered by phpBB © 2001, 2005 phpBB Group