Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

 FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Official Start of Free Agency Thread
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 79, 80, 81 ... 98, 99, 100  Next
 
Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Oakland Raiders
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Author Message
Silver&Black88


Joined: 24 Feb 2009
Posts: 33463
Location: Boston, MA
PostPosted: Tue Mar 19, 2013 2:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

OakRaiders3828 wrote:
Good lord do we need a RE.


I'm starting to warm up to Ziggy for 4-3 RE.
_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
OakRaiders3828


Joined: 18 Aug 2007
Posts: 10096
Location: Pennsylvania
PostPosted: Tue Mar 19, 2013 3:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Silver&Black88 wrote:
OakRaiders3828 wrote:
Good lord do we need a RE.


I'm starting to warm up to Ziggy for 4-3 RE.


Ziggy in the first, Joe Kruger in the 6th and sign Kyle Moore in FA.

I still don't know about Ziggy though, With Sims on that one year deal, I'm leaning towards Star. I'd be ok with Ziggy though.

Ugh this draft is killing me, so un decided.
_________________
O A K L A N D R A I D E R S
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
TiberiusRising


Joined: 03 Jan 2008
Posts: 8898
PostPosted: Tue Mar 19, 2013 3:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Silver&Black88 wrote:
OakRaiders3828 wrote:
Good lord do we need a RE.


I'm starting to warm up to Ziggy for 4-3 RE.

That is where I am at. Carradine if we are able to trade back.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
OakRaiders3828


Joined: 18 Aug 2007
Posts: 10096
Location: Pennsylvania
PostPosted: Tue Mar 19, 2013 3:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

TiberiusRising wrote:
Silver&Black88 wrote:
OakRaiders3828 wrote:
Good lord do we need a RE.


I'm starting to warm up to Ziggy for 4-3 RE.

That is where I am at. Carradine if we are able to trade back.


or, trade back, Ziggy in the first and Tank in the second Wink
_________________
O A K L A N D R A I D E R S
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
RaidersAreOne


Joined: 28 Jun 2008
Posts: 9329
Location: Canada, but don't worry... i'm not one of those damn dirty french.
PostPosted: Tue Mar 19, 2013 3:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap1000000151885/article/nfl-power-rankings-49ers-claim-no-1-amid-free-agency-frenzy

Just gotta prove everyone wrong I guess!!!
_________________

First jersey purchased: Jamarcus Russell.
Second jersey purchased: Rolando McClain.
Next purchases: Every Chiefs, Chargers and Broncos player.
JTagg7754 on the sig.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Silver&Black88


Joined: 24 Feb 2009
Posts: 33463
Location: Boston, MA
PostPosted: Tue Mar 19, 2013 3:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

RaidersAreOne wrote:
http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap1000000151885/article/nfl-power-rankings-49ers-claim-no-1-amid-free-agency-frenzy

Just gotta prove everyone wrong I guess!!!


I saw that just now. NFL.com has a bunch of total Richards working there.
_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
RaisinBran


Joined: 18 Aug 2008
Posts: 9979
Location: 925/805
PostPosted: Tue Mar 19, 2013 3:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

JTagg7754 wrote:
Raidin wrote:
The only thing we've seen with scrambling QB's is that it works for one season and then hits a brick wall. Kaep, Wilson and RG III still have to prove a huge amount next season. We've already seen with RG III the problems of a rushing QB.


Exactly. Don't give me one of them. I like my franchise QBs to last a long time but that's just me.

You have a point but your thinking about it the wrong way. All these QB's can avoid injury if they learn to slide properly and avoid unnecessary hits. If RG3 would slide he wouldn't have had the health concerns. You won't see Kaep, or Wilson get injured because they know when to slide and when to try and break a DB's tackle. Vick and RG3 have the same problem of not knowing when to slide, they run like they are insane when they get past the LOS.
_________________

(NFL)=Raiders, (MLB)=A's, (NBA)= Warriors
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Silver&Black88


Joined: 24 Feb 2009
Posts: 33463
Location: Boston, MA
PostPosted: Tue Mar 19, 2013 3:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Silver&Black88 wrote:
RaiderX wrote:
Silver&Black88 wrote:
Dreadymatt wrote:
TiberiusRising wrote:
There you go.

Coach Dennis Allen confirmed Nick Roach will play middle linebacker for the Raiders.


did he say MLB or ILB?


That is a redundant question.


FIFYA. This 3-4 stuff is getting annoying. Roach has been in Chicago's 4-3 D his whole career. We'll have some 3-4 looks but this a 4-3 base defense.


That's the vibe I've been getting as well. Which is great imo.


Quote:
“When I took the job, not only in Denver but when I took the job in Oakland, I believed in the ability to be multiple,” Allen said. “I like to be multiple but yet simple, and that's again, easier said than done sometimes. So I think now the fact that we have four starting-caliber linebackers, that's going to give us the ability to be more multiple. ... We spent a whole year putting in a defense and putting in a system of what we believe in. That core of what we believe in is not going to change. Now, we've got more ability and more flexibility in some of the things we can do, and we can add some things that we feel like can present some problems for the offense.”


Vibes are getting stronger

http://www.raiders.com/news/article-1/Allen-Recent-Additions-Will-Fit-Well-in-Raiders-New-Locker-Room/9087cd0a-4527-4360-843d-5a16b25bb08e
_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
RaisinBran


Joined: 18 Aug 2008
Posts: 9979
Location: 925/805
PostPosted: Tue Mar 19, 2013 3:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If we're getting a DE then we should just get Dion Jordan. If we want a DB then Milliner. And if we want our RT then draft one of the two top tackles. We just have to decide which of these 3 will improve our team the most, both short term and long term.
_________________

(NFL)=Raiders, (MLB)=A's, (NBA)= Warriors
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
NickButera


Moderator
Joined: 14 Sep 2009
Posts: 6446
Location: Nevada
PostPosted: Tue Mar 19, 2013 3:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

RaisinBran wrote:
JTagg7754 wrote:
Raidin wrote:
The only thing we've seen with scrambling QB's is that it works for one season and then hits a brick wall. Kaep, Wilson and RG III still have to prove a huge amount next season. We've already seen with RG III the problems of a rushing QB.


Exactly. Don't give me one of them. I like my franchise QBs to last a long time but that's just me.

You have a point but your thinking about it the wrong way. All these QB's can avoid injury if they learn to slide properly and avoid unnecessary hits. If RG3 would slide he wouldn't have had the health concerns. You won't see Kaep, or Wilson get injured because they know when to slide and when to try and break a DB's tackle. Vick and RG3 have the same problem of not knowing when to slide, they run like they are insane when they get past the LOS.


Kaepernick is the best example so far. The guy knows when to slide and get out of bounds, and rarely takes the big hit, or any at all. However, that doesn't come natural to most running QB's, and seems to be against their nature. Hence all the injuries we usually see.
_________________
Bah-Weep-Granah-Weep-Nini-Bong

My short-term memory is not as sharp as it used to be.
Also, my short-term memory is not as sharp as it used to be.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Dessie


Joined: 02 Feb 2006
Posts: 4628
PostPosted: Tue Mar 19, 2013 7:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
Free agent S Michael Mitchell visited the Panthers on Tuesday.
It's Mitchell's first visit of free agency. The former second-round pick would contribute as a run stopper and special teamer in Charlotte.
Related: Panthers
Source: Aaron Wilson on Twitter Mar 19 - 6:22 PM


We need to get some safety depth at some point.
_________________
bitty wrote:
I don't understand why everybody thinks Green Bay is the pinnacle of NFL franchises?
In my opinion they are a joke. In the last ten years there drafts sucked.
#clueless
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
holyghost


Joined: 18 Jan 2007
Posts: 5772
PostPosted: Tue Mar 19, 2013 7:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dessie wrote:
Quote:
Free agent S Michael Mitchell visited the Panthers on Tuesday.
It's Mitchell's first visit of free agency. The former second-round pick would contribute as a run stopper and special teamer in Charlotte.
Related: Panthers
Source: Aaron Wilson on Twitter Mar 19 - 6:22 PM


We need to get some safety depth at some point.


We definitely need some depth. Contrary to what would probably be popular opinion around here, I would not vomit to see Branch and Ross as our starting safeties if Ross shows this year he can build on the versatility and skill he showed last year. Of course he can't be handed the job. But I sure wouldn't mind seeing him take it if he can.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
raiderfan19


Joined: 05 Oct 2008
Posts: 3017
PostPosted: Tue Mar 19, 2013 7:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Anybody know where we sit as far as salary cap space? Would like to see us get 1 high impact player either on the offensive line or back end on a somewhat long term deal.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
oakdb36


Joined: 02 Mar 2006
Posts: 14286
PostPosted: Tue Mar 19, 2013 8:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

raiderfan19 wrote:
Anybody know where we sit as far as salary cap space? Would like to see us get 1 high impact player either on the offensive line or back end on a somewhat long term deal.


Not sure but i have no doubt Kelly would be quickly cut to open some room if the need arises.
_________________
Plush wrote:
Papa was a trolling stone
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
oakdb36


Joined: 02 Mar 2006
Posts: 14286
PostPosted: Tue Mar 19, 2013 8:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mitchell is meeting with Dennis Allen tonight.
_________________
Plush wrote:
Papa was a trolling stone
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Display posts from previous:   

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Oakland Raiders All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 79, 80, 81 ... 98, 99, 100  Next
Page 80 of 100

 
Jump to:  
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum




Powered by phpBB © 2001, 2005 phpBB Group