Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Bennett signs with Bears
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> New York Giants
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Gmen1985

PostPosted: Tue Mar 12, 2013 4:06 pm    Post subject: Bennett signs with Bears Reply with quote

Not good with this kind of copying and pasting stuff, but it's been confirmed by multiple sources Bennett will sign with Bears. Makes TE a need.

Thanks to Rase for the sig!
Xfaxtor

PostPosted: Tue Mar 12, 2013 4:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Let the Adrian Robinson era begin...
Acgott

PostPosted: Tue Mar 12, 2013 4:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It is not a need. The TE is NOT a major point of our current offence. We will be fine with Robinson, Pascoe, and the rookie that Pope is in love with in the middle rounds
minutemancl

PostPosted: Tue Mar 12, 2013 4:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I want Tom Crabtree!

Let me give you my personal opinion, on what I think has happened.
It all started with the release of the coke machine in Brandon Jacobs.
NYGiantsman10

PostPosted: Tue Mar 12, 2013 4:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

https://twitter.com/JoeGryffindor/statuses/311568265006694400

Marty's twitter account^

Well it was fun. Time to see what Adrien Robinson can do
Gmen1985

PostPosted: Tue Mar 12, 2013 4:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Acgott wrote:
It is not a need. The TE is NOT a major point of our current offence. We will be fine with Robinson, Pascoe, and the rookie that Pope is in love with in the middle rounds

It is a need. It may not be a priority however we need to be able to put atleast two NFL caliber TE's out there if need be and right now we can't.

Acgott

PostPosted: Tue Mar 12, 2013 4:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Gmen1985 wrote:
Acgott wrote:

It is a need. It may not be a priority however we need to be able to put atleast two NFL caliber TE's out there if need be and right now we can't.

why? Robinson and Pascoe can do exactly what we want and need.
Gmen1985

PostPosted: Tue Mar 12, 2013 5:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Acgott wrote:
Gmen1985 wrote:
Acgott wrote:

Not sure what Robinson has done to prove that to you

Acgott

PostPosted: Tue Mar 12, 2013 5:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Gmen1985 wrote:
Acgott wrote:
Gmen1985 wrote:
Acgott wrote:

He can chip a TE and catch wide open passes. He does not need to do much else
Gmen1985

PostPosted: Tue Mar 12, 2013 5:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Acgott wrote:
Gmen1985 wrote:
Acgott wrote:
Gmen1985 wrote:
Acgott wrote:

He can chip a TE and catch wide open passes. He does not need to do much else

To each his own, but I'll be shocked if the Giants don't bring in another TE.

Vulcan_Prime

PostPosted: Tue Mar 12, 2013 7:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

We have always routinely gotten by with nobody's at the TE position. Last year TBU was an outcast by the cowboys. The year before that Jake Ballard was a practice squad player that came out of nowhere. Hell even Bear Pascoe was a cast off from the 49yers and he player decently for the Giants.

As long as we have the best TE coach in the NFL with Mike Pope, we will just be fine at TE. Robinson has had 1 year under Mike pope, the same amount of time Jake Ballard has had and he is infinitely more athletic than Ballard. Lets just see what Mike Pope's magic works out before we call doom and gloom.
Gmen1985

PostPosted: Wed Mar 13, 2013 11:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Vulcan_Prime wrote:
We have always routinely gotten by with nobody's at the TE position. Last year TBU was an outcast by the cowboys. The year before that Jake Ballard was a practice squad player that came out of nowhere. Hell even Bear Pascoe was a cast off from the 49yers and he player decently for the Giants.

As long as we have the best TE coach in the NFL with Mike Pope, we will just be fine at TE. Robinson has had 1 year under Mike pope, the same amount of time Jake Ballard has had and he is infinitely more athletic than Ballard. Lets just see what Mike Pope's magic works out before we call doom and gloom.

I don't think anyone is calling doom and gloom. I just don't think the Giants are ready to hand over the reigns to Robinson. Don't forget that Bennett was still a 2nd round draft pick and had great talent, it just didn't work out for him in Dallas. Also, Ballards break out year we had Beckhum who was supposed to be our starting TE that year but got injured. All I'm saying is that TE is a need and I'd be shocked if we didn't bring in a veteran to at least compete.

mlv

PostPosted: Wed Mar 13, 2013 11:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Gmen1985 wrote:
Vulcan_Prime wrote:

I don't think anyone is calling doom and gloom. I just don't think the Giants are ready to hand over the reigns to Robinson. Don't forget that Bennett was still a 2nd round draft pick and had great talent, it just didn't work out for him in Dallas. Also, Ballards break out year we had Beckhum who was supposed to be our starting TE that year but got injured. All I'm saying is that TE is a need and I'd be shocked if we didn't bring in a veteran to at least compete.

We are not bringing in a veteran TE. The third TE will either be Larry Donnell from the practice squad, or the unknown guy that Pope is apparently raving about.
Vulcan_Prime

PostPosted: Wed Mar 13, 2013 2:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

We have already brought in a vet who has been on the team, Bear Pascoe. Albeit he doesn't illicit excitement, but hes still reliable and knows our system. Ballard and Bear both only had 1 year of development with Mike Pope and both were trotted out as starters/reliable targets. Wouldn't surprise me if we just waited to see what we have and then maybe pick up a late round tight-end based on who Mike Pope has an eye on.
Gmen1985

PostPosted: Sun Mar 17, 2013 1:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

mlv wrote:
Gmen1985 wrote:
Vulcan_Prime wrote:

We are not bringing in a veteran TE. The third TE will either be Larry Donnell from the practice squad, or the unknown guy that Pope is apparently raving about.

I hate to say I told you so but....

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> New York Giants All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: