Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Revis Officially Traded to Tampa!
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 20, 21, 22 ... 33, 34, 35  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Jetsfandan423

PostPosted: Sun Apr 21, 2013 2:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

imani wrote:
titwio wrote:
imani wrote:
they should trade down with 9 to the late first to a guard needy team and grab austin with 13. They need a youth overhaul

But isn't Kerley already a good slot receiver for them? Not that couldn't use him but they still have Santonio and they drafted Hill last year also.

I think they need O-line and pass rushers. ....or a safety like was already mentioned.

Austin is just a harvin type that can play WR, Tazr, RB and returner. Explosion is a good way to build a team early IMO, and he's a surefire playmaker. The jets receivers also have injury history outside of kerley, especially holmes. If they trade down to the late first, they get extra picks later (where they can address the pass rush and oline) and can take Nassib. Who they are reportedly high on. This is going to be a 2-3 year rebuilding process for them and you want to go with quantity in draft picks IMO, especially in a draft with out much top end quality at PON

A note on Holmes too, this is most likely his last year as a Jet, we can cut him next year with minimal cap issues. So getting another WR will be a must at some point.

Adopt a Jet: David Harris
TCK: 123 SACK: 2 FF: 1 INT:
imani

PostPosted: Sun Apr 21, 2013 2:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jetsfandan423 wrote:
imani wrote:
titwio wrote:
imani wrote:
they should trade down with 9 to the late first to a guard needy team and grab austin with 13. They need a youth overhaul

But isn't Kerley already a good slot receiver for them? Not that couldn't use him but they still have Santonio and they drafted Hill last year also.

I think they need O-line and pass rushers. ....or a safety like was already mentioned.

Austin is just a harvin type that can play WR, Tazr, RB and returner. Explosion is a good way to build a team early IMO, and he's a surefire playmaker. The jets receivers also have injury history outside of kerley, especially holmes. If they trade down to the late first, they get extra picks later (where they can address the pass rush and oline) and can take Nassib. Who they are reportedly high on. This is going to be a 2-3 year rebuilding process for them and you want to go with quantity in draft picks IMO, especially in a draft with out much top end quality at PON

A note on Holmes too, this is most likely his last year as a Jet, we can cut him next year with minimal cap issues. So getting another WR will be a must at some point.

Didn't know that, but it makes sense. Might as well know what you're getting. Even if he never becomes a #1 wideout(hill has that potential anyhow), having that x factor on the offense changes the entire dynamic. He was also healthy his entire career at WVU, so that won't be a problem

wwhickok wrote:
I don't believe for one second that Seattle makes it out of their first playoff game.

Russell Wilson Fan since July 2012
rpmwr19

PostPosted: Sun Apr 21, 2013 2:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

reckless123 wrote:
The Jets need to sort out the right side of their o-line. They need a pro-ready WR. They dont need a boom/bust guy. If they draft Patterson then they have failed. Draft Justin Hunter, Keenan or Austin. And a pass rusher maybe Jarvis Jones.

Wait a minute...
Roadrunner

PostPosted: Sun Apr 21, 2013 3:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

imani wrote:

The only team you listed that I think is a realistic candidate to trade down with the Jets would be Minny and that would be to #13 to take Austin. That sounds like a conflict of interest to me. Wink
rpmwr19

PostPosted: Sun Apr 21, 2013 3:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Roadrunner wrote:
imani wrote:

The only team you listed that I think is a realistic candidate to trade down with the Jets would be Minny and that would be to #13 to take Austin. That sounds like a conflict of interest to me. Wink

Not happening.
CWood21

PostPosted: Sun Apr 21, 2013 3:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

rpmwr19 wrote:
Roadrunner wrote:

Not happening.

The Vikings want to move up according to reports, but I'd put money on it being Cordarelle Patterson not Tavon Austin. 13 for 25+52+155 would be enough for the Vikings to get up, this is also assuming that the Dolphins didn't take Patterson at 12.
rpmwr19

PostPosted: Sun Apr 21, 2013 3:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm highly skeptical of those "reports." It's not at all in line with the way our GM operates.

IF the Vikings made any trade up it will be a small one. Perhaps to 18, to get in front of the Giants, and take Sheldon Richardson. Or, if they like Te'o enough, a move up to 18/19 to get in front of the Bears.
aceinthehouse

PostPosted: Sun Apr 21, 2013 3:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

A good trade for the Bucs, would be a 2nd this yr & 1st next yr in 2014 (equal to 2nd rd pick as a future trade)

This puts them right at or near Alex smith type of trade, which is pretty decent, imo for revis.

Then if your the Bucs, you try to trade down from #13 to the 20's and pick up a 2nd or 3rd rd pick back in return. Good players in that spot.

Cause I believe the Bucs could be decent this season. Their 2014 could be lower than #13 possibly. Maybe high teens or who knows, maybe they slip in the Playoffs and the 2014 pick is in the 20's?

But to trade a #13 pick(and then some) to the jets who already have the #9 is just crazy, imo.
They can reload the team with that.

PostPosted: Sun Apr 21, 2013 3:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

aceinthehouse wrote:
A good trade for the Bucs, would be a 2nd this yr & 1st next yr in 2014 (equal to 2nd rd pick as a future trade)

This puts them right at or near Alex smith type of trade, which is pretty decent, imo for revis.

Then if your the Bucs, you try to trade down from #13 to the 20's and pick up a 2nd or 3rd rd pick back in return. Good players in that spot.

Cause I believe the Bucs could be decent this season. Their 2014 could be lower than #13 possibly. Maybe high teens or who knows, maybe they slip in the Playoffs and the 2014 pick is in the 20's?

But to trade a #13 pick(and then some) to the jets who already have the #9 is just crazy, imo.
They can reload the team with that.

The Jets will have the 13th pick. That much is confirmed. The question is what other picks will the Jets receive.
CWood21

PostPosted: Sun Apr 21, 2013 3:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

rpmwr19 wrote:
I'm highly skeptical of those "reports." It's not at all in line with the way our GM operates.

IF the Vikings made any trade up it will be a small one. Perhaps to 18, to get in front of the Giants, and take Sheldon Richardson. Or, if they like Te'o enough, a move up to 18/19 to get in front of the Bears.

How is it not? Granted the sample size is small (only one draft where he was the clear decision maker), he did trade up for Harrison Smith last year. I've got no doubts that if he's got a guy on his board he's targeting, and the value is right he'd be willing to move up.
deuces22wild

PostPosted: Sun Apr 21, 2013 3:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

aceinthehouse wrote:

So you think they have the same value then?

PostPosted: Sun Apr 21, 2013 3:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Trade up for Smith was only 6 slots, not 10+. And, was likely done, in large part, to us gaining an extra fourth round pick in an earlier trade back. He also traded up to grab the last safety before a large drop off. There isn't a large drop off behind Cordarelle Patterson IMO.

Spielman seems to like making a bunch of smaller moves around the draft. He's not the type to make a 3-for-1 draft pick trade.
vikingsrule

PostPosted: Sun Apr 21, 2013 3:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

CWood21 wrote:
rpmwr19 wrote:

How is it not? Granted the sample size is small (only one draft where he was the clear decision maker), he did trade up for Harrison Smith last year. I've got no doubts that if he's got a guy on his board he's targeting, and the value is right he'd be willing to move up.

They moved up 6 spots for Smith.

You're talking about a move from 23 to 13, that is a significant jump in value.

As you said, Spielman will move up for value and there likely wont be good value for the Vikings to move up that far.

MN wont be trading up into the top 15, im pretty confident in saying that. The Vikes could move up to 18 or so, as rpmwr19 stated.

The Vikings need four opening day contributors from this draft (WR, MLB, DT and CB). They wont find those four if they are trading picks away for one player.
Roadrunner

PostPosted: Sun Apr 21, 2013 3:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

rpmwr19 wrote:

Well, let's trade our #20 for your late first and give us your 3rd and we have a deal. Wink

Actually, that would not be a bad trade for either team if you guys had someone you really wanted sitting where the Bears are.
ditchdigger

PostPosted: Sun Apr 21, 2013 3:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You have a topic created with new information being released that generates 6 pages of discussion in less than 5 hours, but it gets locked because there is a 17 page thread that has been open for over a month, and has slipped off the front page due to lack of activity in the last 6 days.

Some weird rules for posting in this forum.

Either way, it's good to see this finally start to come to it's logical conclusion (as long as Revis passes his physical).

Last edited by ditchdigger on Sun Apr 21, 2013 3:44 pm; edited 1 time in total

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> NFL News All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 20, 21, 22 ... 33, 34, 35  Next
Page 21 of 35

Jump to: