Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Revis Officially Traded to Tampa!
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 19, 20, 21 ... 33, 34, 35  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
RandyMossIsBoss

PostPosted: Sun Apr 21, 2013 2:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I thought Kyle Wilson was trash? I guess you guys have more pressing needs than CB but I wouldn't rule it out completely. Wilson seems more suited as a slot, I doubt he ever amounts to anything more than an average CB.

~Bird Watch 2014 | Nick Foles~
1,628 yards, 10 TDs, 7 INTs, 82.0 Passer Rating
green24

PostPosted: Sun Apr 21, 2013 2:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

RandyMossIsBoss wrote:
I thought Kyle Wilson was trash? I guess you guys have more pressing needs than CB but I wouldn't rule it out completely. Wilson seems more suited as a slot, I doubt he ever amounts to anything more than an average CB.

He held his own as the #2 this past season after Revis went down. There's certainly a drop off going from Revis and Cromartie to Cromartie and Wilson, but he is still better than probably most of our other starters right now. CB is still a position that we do not need to worry about.
Roadrunner

PostPosted: Sun Apr 21, 2013 2:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

reckless123 wrote:
The Jets need to sort out the right side of their o-line. They need a pro-ready WR. They dont need a boom/bust guy. If they draft Patterson then they have failed. Draft Justin Hunter, Keenan or Austin. And a pass rusher maybe Jarvis Jones.

If I was a Jets fan, I would not be hoping for anything flashy. No risk/reward picks. A couple of "sure things" would do that team wonders. I think both Austin and Keenan have lots of potential, but with that potential comes some risks.

Last edited by Roadrunner on Sun Apr 21, 2013 2:22 pm; edited 1 time in total
CWood21

PostPosted: Sun Apr 21, 2013 2:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I bet they draft Tavon Austin at 9, and then if Cooper is available at 13 he's the pick otherwise they trade down.
green24

PostPosted: Sun Apr 21, 2013 2:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

CWood21 wrote:
I bet they draft Tavon Austin at 9, and then if Cooper is available at 13 he's the pick otherwise they trade down.

It depends if Mingo is available. There is no way we pass on him. He and Rex are literally made for each other, and the Jets are said to have him as their top target.
Jetsman82

PostPosted: Sun Apr 21, 2013 2:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

RandyMossIsBoss wrote:

Kyle Wilson looks horrible when you watch the game, but when you check the stats at the end of the game or season, you see he actually played quite well. It's very strange. Last year he benefited greatly from some dropped passes and overthrows. We'll see how it goes with him.
It has been quite a privileged chat or work with you guys. From time to time.. From Craziness to Serious-mindedness.. From Troll to Boredom.. From Babes to Jets. From Foreigner to American.. Whatever!
imani

PostPosted: Sun Apr 21, 2013 2:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

they should trade down with 9 to the late first to a guard needy team and grab austin with 13. They need a youth overhaul

Russell Wilson Fan since July 2012
titwio

PostPosted: Sun Apr 21, 2013 2:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

imani wrote:
they should trade down with 9 to the late first to a guard needy team and grab austin with 13. They need a youth overhaul

But isn't Kerley already a good slot receiver for them? Not that couldn't use him but they still have Santonio and they drafted Hill last year also.

I think they need O-line and pass rushers. ....or a safety like was already mentioned.
Malik

PostPosted: Sun Apr 21, 2013 2:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

titwio wrote:
imani wrote:

But isn't Kerley already a good slot receiver for them? Not that couldn't use him but they still have Santonio and they drafted Hill last year also.

I think they need O-line and pass rushers. ....or a safety like was already mentioned.

Kerley is the only offensive player (not including line) that's worth anything and would be successful on pretty much every team in the NFL.
green24

PostPosted: Sun Apr 21, 2013 2:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

titwio wrote:
imani wrote:

I think we need a WR in the Reggie Wayne mold. We have a very good slot receiver in Kerley and a raw HWS deep threat in Hill. There's an 8 inch height difference between them.
Roadrunner

PostPosted: Sun Apr 21, 2013 2:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

imani wrote:

What team do you think is late in the first round that needs a guard? I know Chicago could use one, but they sure will not trade down if it involves a pick. There may be others I am unaware of.
imani

PostPosted: Sun Apr 21, 2013 2:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

titwio wrote:
imani wrote:

Austin is just a harvin type that can play WR, Tazr, RB and returner. Explosion is a good way to build a team early IMO, and he's a surefire playmaker. The jets receivers also have injury history outside of kerley, especially holmes. If they trade down to the late first, they get extra picks later (where they can address the pass rush and oline) and can take Nassib. Who they are reportedly high on. This is going to be a 2-3 year rebuilding process for them and you want to go with quantity in draft picks IMO, especially in a draft with out much top end quality at PON

Jetfan66

PostPosted: Sun Apr 21, 2013 2:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

RandyMossIsBoss wrote:

I think he is more suited to the outside actually. He isn't a super quick smaller slot corner. His play last year was better than most #2s IMO.

As for the draft, they need to draft a pass rusher in the 1st round. That is a must. I want a Guard at the 2nd #1, be it Cooper or Warmack. If we don't have a pass rusher by the end of Round 2, I will call this a bad draft.

I think they should wait to draft skill positions for offense next year. Santonio will likely be gone by then and we will need help for Kerley and our new QB (Bridgewater?) if Stephen Hill doesn't develop.

R.I.P. Crakburn & BoYz2tHeBoWl
"We are worried. Kris Jenkins eats O-Lineman better then Kobayashi eats hot dogs." -Stephen Neal, Dan Koppen, and Logan Mankins
imani

PostPosted: Sun Apr 21, 2013 2:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Roadrunner wrote:
imani wrote:

What team do you think is late in the first round that needs a guard? I know Chicago could use one, but they sure will not trade down if it involves a pick. There may be others I am unaware of.

Rams, Bears, Vikings (who have two picks in the first), Atlanta, Indy, and Dallas just to name some off the top of my head.

green24

PostPosted: Sun Apr 21, 2013 2:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The NFL looks smart for scheduling Jets vs. Bucs Week 1.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> NFL News All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 19, 20, 21 ... 33, 34, 35  Next
Page 20 of 35

Jump to: