Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Winfield in the Wind
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 8, 9, 10 ... 20, 21, 22  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Minnesota Vikings
View previous topic :: View next topic  
vikingsrule

PostPosted: Wed Mar 13, 2013 11:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Winfield should be fine then in Washington if your running a lot of zone schemes. Which I figure is the reason why Washington is interested in the first place. I'd hate to see Winfield be put in an unfavorable position to end his brilliant career on. He needs to stick to being around the LOS, dominating the run game and covering slot receivers.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 14, 2013 12:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

disaacs wrote:
I understand the move. But I still feel for Winfield, because it appears that it was a sudden move that came as a complete surprise.

I highly doubt he comes back, especially with the way it was handled. But, I wish him well.

My thoughts as well. I loved Winfield, and despite his age, he played like he was much young and hit like a train. His talent made our whole secondary better. While I'd absolutely love to see him resign with us, I think it was handled poorly. Take it with a grain of salt, but I heard a report on KFAN saying that Winfield's agent said the Antoine was not only completely surprised, but hurt by how things were handled. Even if Minny at a lower salary is the best fit for him, it might be more of a personal thing at this point to not resign with us.

"NIGHT STALKERS DON'T QUIT"
vike daddy

Most Valuable Poster (2nd Ballot)

PostPosted: Thu Mar 14, 2013 9:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Spielman will see just how much other teams value Winfield’s service. He shall see if the manner in which Tuesday’s transaction went down will leave Winfield itching for a new home. By all accounts, amid the awkwardness and confusion, Winfield handled Tuesday’s business with his characteristic professionalism and positive energy. On the way out the door, the Vikings encouraged Winfield to keep in contact and to report back to them with any numbers that might be out there for him in free agency.

http://www.startribune.com/sports/vikings/blogs/197800971.html

Webmaster wrote:
Can we knock off all the nonsense and stick to football?
Purple Faithful

PostPosted: Fri Mar 15, 2013 5:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I can't believe this move. Terrible.
Vikefan79

PostPosted: Sun Mar 17, 2013 8:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

http://www.1500espn.com/sportswire/Vikings_coach_reaches_out_to_Antoine_Winfield_not_ruling_out_reunion031713

Quote:
PHOENIX -- Rick Spielman always says he won't close the door on anyone returning to the Minnesota Vikings. In the case of Antoine Winfield, it appears that's not just lip service.

Exiting a coaches meeting on Sunday afternoon at the NFL meetings in the Arizona Biltmore Hotel, coach Leslie Frazier said he has spoken with Winfield since the veteran cornerback's surprise release on Monday and neither side is ruling out a reunion.

"I'm hoping that we can figure out a way to get him back here," Frazier said. "So, I'm hoping that it's not goodbye yet."

According to NFL sources, there have been discussions between Winfield's agent, Ashanti Webb, and the Vikings about bringing him back. Winfield, 35, has gotten over the initial shock of the decision and apparently is willing to listen.
YooAdrian

PostPosted: Sun Mar 17, 2013 8:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

That's great news there is no arguing his run stopping ability and veteran leadership.
2013 Adopt-A-Viking: LB Michael Mauti #56

Baseball: Yankees
Basketball: Knicks
Football: Vikings
Hockey: Rangers
NCAA Basketball: Cuse Orange
NCAA Football: THE Ohio State Buckeyes
fishtanked

PostPosted: Sun Mar 17, 2013 8:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Vikefan79 wrote:
http://www.1500espn.com/sportswire/Vikings_coach_reaches_out_to_Antoine_Winfield_not_ruling_out_reunion031713

Quote:
PHOENIX -- Rick Spielman always says he won't close the door on anyone returning to the Minnesota Vikings. In the case of Antoine Winfield, it appears that's not just lip service.

Exiting a coaches meeting on Sunday afternoon at the NFL meetings in the Arizona Biltmore Hotel, coach Leslie Frazier said he has spoken with Winfield since the veteran cornerback's surprise release on Monday and neither side is ruling out a reunion.

"I'm hoping that we can figure out a way to get him back here," Frazier said. "So, I'm hoping that it's not goodbye yet."

According to NFL sources, there have been discussions between Winfield's agent, Ashanti Webb, and the Vikings about bringing him back. Winfield, 35, has gotten over the initial shock of the decision and apparently is willing to listen.

I really hope he comes back. It's the one move this offseason that I didn't like, even though I understand the reason behind it. If we could get Winfield back and draft another in the first 4 rounds our group would be pretty decent.

PostPosted: Sun Mar 17, 2013 8:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Will be very happy if Winfield comes back.
vikingsrule

PostPosted: Sun Mar 17, 2013 8:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Id love to bring back Winfield, even if it means to release Williams, just to resign Williams again Smile

I really do hope that there is a plan with JA to shave off $8-10M off his deal for the team. To not only afford rookies, but to bring back Winfield.

PostPosted: Sun Mar 17, 2013 9:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I love Winny, but id much rather bring in a CB who is capable of covering on the outside. We always have the option to use Robinson in the slot.

I wouldnt mind bringing him back, but im just thinking long term. We need another young starting calibre CB. Rhodes, Trufant, and Banks should all be considered in the 1st. If not, a guy like Amerson/J. Taylor would be nice in the 3rd.

#TEDDYTHEVIKING
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
vikingsrule

PostPosted: Sun Mar 17, 2013 9:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Eric dunn wrote:
I love Winny, but id much rather bring in a CB who is capable of covering on the outside. We always have the option to use Robinson in the slot.

I wouldnt mind bringing him back, but im just thinking long term. We need another young starting calibre CB. Rhodes, Trufant, and Banks should all be considered in the 1st. If not, a guy like Amerson/J. Taylor would be nice in the 3rd.

There is also the option of bringing back Winfield for nickel, Robinson for dime and drafting another player to play the outside.

PostPosted: Sun Mar 17, 2013 9:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

vikingsrule wrote:
Eric dunn wrote:

There is also the option of bringing back Winfield for nickel, Robinson for dime and drafting another player to play the outside.

Bingo!

PostPosted: Sun Mar 17, 2013 9:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

vikingsrule wrote:
Eric dunn wrote:

From what I understand, the Vikings consider Robinson more of a fit at outside CB, rather than inside. Wouldn't Robinson's elite athleticism be miscast somewhat inside anyway, where there's less space to cover?

#97 Everson Griffin: 27 tackles : 5.5 sacks : 1 FF ; 16 games played
vikingsrule

PostPosted: Sun Mar 17, 2013 9:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If by elite athleticism, meaning quickness and agility, Robinson has that skill set and would be a good fit to cover shorter/quicker slot receivers.

Robinson has the skill set to play inside or out, he just didnt get that opportunity in camp since they had him at only one spot.

I wouldnt be against Robinson playing either spot, and i wouldnt be against adding another outside CB if there is good value.

PostPosted: Sun Mar 17, 2013 9:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It would be cool to get Winfield back, at the right price that is.

I've become content with him leaving us, but he definitely still has some left in the tank. I'd be happy if we got him back but I'd be fine without him as well.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Minnesota Vikings All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 8, 9, 10 ... 20, 21, 22  Next
Page 9 of 22

Jump to: