Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Winfield in the Wind
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 7, 8, 9 ... 20, 21, 22  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Minnesota Vikings
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Sector7G

PostPosted: Tue Mar 12, 2013 11:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

byuvike88 wrote:
It's been a tough couple days! Losing two of my favorite Vikings. I'm really hoping they can bring him back for a cheaper deal! He brings alot to this team and has proved he can play at an old age!

Yup, Antoine has always been one of my favorite players, even in his college days. It sucks losing him, but I understand the nature of the business. This does elevate the need for a corner in the draft.
fishtanked

PostPosted: Wed Mar 13, 2013 12:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I understand why it was done but I will miss seeing Winny blow up a RB in the back field. One of the best FA signings in team history.

I hope he comes back for less Laughing

PostPosted: Wed Mar 13, 2013 12:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

fishtanked wrote:
I understand why it was done but I will miss seeing Winny blow up a RB in the back field. One of the best FA signings in team history.

I hope he comes back for less Laughing

I wouldn't bet money on him coming back. He has the freedom to sign with a Super Bowl contender now. It sucks that he's gone but it's a move that had to be made to ensure we were able to sign our younger guys.
twslhs20

Location: Where the true depth of one's soul doesn't resonate with the world
PostPosted: Wed Mar 13, 2013 4:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

One of my alltime favorite vikings. I was on the forum when we signed him before he could visit the Jets if I'm not misaken. A true warrior on and off the feild. Carried himself with dignity, and treated everyone with respect. Pisses me off that he was cut. One of the few that has really earned his place here. He diserves to retire in Minnesota.

I hope he signs with a contender and wins a ring. He's earned it and then some.

Nothing but respect for 26. Thanks for everything you've done.

Joe_is_the_best ^^
Adopt A Viking: Brian Robison

GS: 9 TKLS: 15 SK: 3.0 FF: 0 FR: 1 TD: 1 PD: 2
SteelKing728

PostPosted: Wed Mar 13, 2013 7:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

It really will be weird seeing another guy where #26 for this team. Confused

Bright and Happy days are coming to the Minnesota Vikings very soon.
SemperFeist

PostPosted: Wed Mar 13, 2013 8:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hard to see Winfield go, and I was surprised by the decision, but its hardly a heartbreaking move. He's a 36 year old player with only one year left on his contract, this release doesn't make the cornerback position any more a of a need than it already was.

Will not be surprised if he resigns with the club. He's not going to find a large market for his services at his age and with the growing number of injuries.
disaacs

PostPosted: Wed Mar 13, 2013 9:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I understand the move. But I still feel for Winfield, because it appears that it was a sudden move that came as a complete surprise.

I highly doubt he comes back, especially with the way it was handled. But, I wish him well.

Thx to Uncle Buck!
CriminalMind

PostPosted: Wed Mar 13, 2013 10:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I hope Winfield finds a better situation for himself.
Hopefully he signs with an AFC team

PostPosted: Wed Mar 13, 2013 10:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I just don't get why Winfield, and not Kwill......DT is super deep in the draft, and easier to start at right away. I just don't get it.
disaacs

PostPosted: Wed Mar 13, 2013 10:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

PrplChilPill wrote:
I just don't get why Winfield, and not Kwill......DT is super deep in the draft, and easier to start at right away. I just don't get it.

Kevin is 32, and while his play has certainly declined, he's still pretty effective...especially in the rotational role. And furthermore, his deal isn't up until 2015, Winfield's was up in 2014. I wouldn't be surprised to see this as Williams' last year, but they aren't going to cut him with 2 years to go.

Thx to Uncle Buck!
The Gnat

PostPosted: Wed Mar 13, 2013 10:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

PrplChilPill wrote:

Possibly Williams was more receptive to talks about reducing his number this year, so that is in works?

PrplChilPill

PostPosted: Wed Mar 13, 2013 10:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

disaacs wrote:
PrplChilPill wrote:

Kevin is 32, and while his play has certainly declined, he's still pretty effective...especially in the rotational role. And furthermore, his deal isn't up until 2015, Winfield's was up in 2014. I wouldn't be surprised to see this as Williams' last year, but they aren't going to cut him with 2 years to go.

I think Winfield was better last year, though.....I had thought Williams was also done after this year, my bad. Of course, I see no way they pay him that much money after this year, especially with how they just dealt with Winfield.
Dashing

PostPosted: Wed Mar 13, 2013 11:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

My redskins are interested in him. We are contenders if our D improves and if winfield comes to D. Id be pumped up, he also might wanna play against yall since your in our schedule.

talib and winfield would be a pipe dream.
vikingsrule

PostPosted: Wed Mar 13, 2013 11:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dashing wrote:
My redskins are interested in him. We are contenders if our D improves and if winfield comes to D. Id be pumped up, he also might wanna play against yall since your in our schedule.

Does Washington play mostly zone or man? I think you ideally want Winfield in a zone scheme at this point in his career, and you surely want to keep him in the slot as much as you can. At least that is my take on his ability at this point in his career.

Winfield had a good year, but i have a feeling that we wouldnt be saying the same if he wasnt put in a defense best suited for him like the Cover 2. Let's face it, Winfield at his currently ability shouldnt be put in man or one-on-one against bigger receivers on the outside. Its just a mismatch.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 13, 2013 11:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

vikingsrule wrote:
Dashing wrote:

Does Washington play mostly zone or man? I think you ideally want Winfield in a zone scheme at this point in his career, and you surely want to keep him in the slot as much as you can. At least that is my take on his ability at this point in his career.

Winfield had a good year, but i have a feeling that we wouldnt be saying the same if he wasnt put in a defense best suited for him like the Cover 2. Let's face it, Winfield at his currently ability shouldnt be put in man or one-on-one against bigger receivers on the outside. Its just a mismatch.

ZonEs
Cover 2s and cover 1s

You guys need sign some one. Greg jenning atleast.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Minnesota Vikings All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 7, 8, 9 ... 20, 21, 22  Next
Page 8 of 22

Jump to: