Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Sheldon Richardson? - Help!

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Carolina Panthers
View previous topic :: View next topic  
bigcatJC

PostPosted: Mon Mar 11, 2013 10:52 pm    Post subject: Sheldon Richardson? - Help! Reply with quote

Everybody and their brother is mocking Richardson to us in Rd 1. I watched his highlights against South Carolina tonight, and I'm worried. He made a couple of good plays, but took himself out of a lot of plays by overrunning the ball carrier. He seems to be more of a penetrating DT rather than a run-stuffing, clog the line guy - which is what I thought we needed. I'm getting a bad feeling about Richardson. Somebody please find me some footage that'll calm my nerves! Am I wrong?

J. R. R. Tolkien
Carolina_Champ

PostPosted: Mon Mar 11, 2013 11:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have the same feeling. He doesn't seem to offer much in run which is what we need most. I think we'll get Dwan Edwards back, so finding a big run stuffer should be the priority if they want to address DT imo.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 12, 2013 8:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

He's a one year wonder at Mizzou, he would be a risk snagging him with our 1st round pick
cpanthers178990

PostPosted: Tue Mar 12, 2013 2:09 pm    Post subject: Re: Sheldon Richardson? - Help! Reply with quote

bigcatJC wrote:
Everybody and their brother is mocking Richardson to us in Rd 1. I watched his highlights against South Carolina tonight, and I'm worried. He made a couple of good plays, but took himself out of a lot of plays by overrunning the ball carrier. He seems to be more of a penetrating DT rather than a run-stuffing, clog the line guy - which is what I thought we needed. I'm getting a bad feeling about Richardson. Somebody please find me some footage that'll calm my nerves! Am I wrong?

Everybody had us taking Dontari Poe last year up until April, I wouldn't look to much into it. That is why they are just mocks afterall.
64 Pass TDs
2032 Rush Yards
28 Rush TDs
6 4Q/OT GW Drives
Silverback47

PostPosted: Tue Mar 12, 2013 7:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Star has the same problem with overrunning the ball carrier. Some interior linemen are coached to play the run on the way to the quarterback, to just get into the backfield and try to create havoc instead of attempting to find the ball. Interior pass rushers can do a lot of damage. We'll see what happens.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Carolina Panthers All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: