Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Raiders Off-Season Report
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Oakland Raiders
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Keanun__

PostPosted: Mon Mar 11, 2013 10:51 pm    Post subject: Raiders Off-Season Report Reply with quote

Oakland Raiders Off-Season Report

Saw a segment similar to this on NFL Network about the New York Jets and couldn't help but prepare an Oakland Raiders one so not only I can see more about the Raiders, but also all of you can see some of the needs and strengths going into the next season.

Bold:Solid player
Underline:Bad player
[Square bracket]:Potential solid player
(Bracket):Depth needed

Offense:

Free Agents who must be kept:

B.Myers, TE

(QB):
[C.Palmer]
[T.Pryor]

(RB):
D.McFadden
[J.Stewart]

FB:
M.Reece
J.Olawale
J.Hoese

WR:
[D.Moore]
J.Ford
J.Criner
[R.Streater]
T.Session

(TE):
R.Gordan
D.Ausberry
M.Shuler

LT:
J.Veldheer
[T.Bergstrom]

(LG):
J.Slowley
J.Foster

(C):
S.Winiewski
A.Parsons

(RG):
M.Brisiel
L.Nix

RT:
[W.Smith]
[Z.Hurd]

Defense:

LDE:
L.Houston
J.Crawford

(NT):
C.Bilukidi
J.Jones

(DT):
T.Kelly
P.Sims

(RDE):
J.Hunter
B.Bair

(ROLB):
[K.Maiava]
K.Burnett
M.Kurn

(LOLB):
[M.Burris]
K.Clayton
J.Harris

(MLB):
R.McClain
T.Goethel

(CB):
P.Adams
C.Chekwa
C.Francies
B.Ross

(SS):
T.Branch

(FS):
C.Nelms

Draft:
Raiders have been looking into T.Kelce out of Cincinnati who looks to be a good prospect and an upgrade to our terrible TE situation. The Raiders are also quite interested in B.Werner out of Florida State. He'd be a great pass rusher for our weak defensive line. Free agency doesn't have any options for WR to replace Heyward-Bey so we must look into a receiver in this draft. Also we need to look into FS in this draft.

Free Agency: Raiders should look into C.Williams from Baltimore. He held the position well after L.Webb went down with injury. I think at NT they should try G.Dorsey from Kansas City. He's a decent player who I believe could do well for the Raiders. An under the radar player R.Turner from St.Louis can play any interior OL position and maybe tackle. Geoff Schwartz from Minnesota could also be nice depth to the interior OL. I really like J.Cook from Tennessee as a TE. I think he'd be excellent for Oakland if we can get him.

The Raiders have a very young team with a number of potential players on the roster. The biggest holes are FS, CB, NT, OL depth, and TE. I'm very excited for this off-season and hoping we can finally get on track after the last decade of despair. I hope you enjoyed this report and add any of your own thoughts. Here's to next season.

Last edited by Keanun__ on Wed Mar 13, 2013 7:39 pm; edited 4 times in total
Baggabonez

PostPosted: Mon Mar 11, 2013 11:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You lost me at QB and began to skim.
Huff isn't solid.
I was really high on Kelce however he just went under the knife for a sports hernia and imo McKenzie won't draft ANY players with medical concerns as he needs them to participate immediately especially TE because Myers could very well be gone. This draft is heavy at TE and the Raiders desperately need to get more athletic at the position.
Big Rob

PostPosted: Mon Mar 11, 2013 11:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think Myers is back at a team friendly salary with the amount if TEs available in FA and draft..
CaliforniaKid7

PostPosted: Mon Mar 11, 2013 11:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I may be wrong on this is, but doesn't Dorsey play 3-4 DE or 4-3 UT? not NT?

big thanks to OakleyCap on the sig
ch8878

Big Rob wrote:
I think Myers is back at a team friendly salary with the amount if TEs available in FA and draft..

Myers is gone.

Big Rob wrote:

So resigning a TE that got no suction in FA should preclude looking for an upgrade?
Keanun__

PostPosted: Mon Mar 11, 2013 11:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

CaliforniaKid7 wrote:
I may be wrong on this is, but doesn't Dorsey play 3-4 DE or 4-3 UT? not NT?

Well I was hoping he would just fit somewhere on the defensive line since he is pretty talented.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 11, 2013 11:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Baggabonez wrote:
Big Rob wrote:

So resigning a TE that got no suction in FA should preclude looking for an upgrade?

Hes not going to command a ton of money, so who says he can't be our #2?
I personally want Fasano, he and Myers would make for a nice duo...
OakRaiders3828

PostPosted: Mon Mar 11, 2013 11:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Why is Nix a Bad player?
Baggabonez

PostPosted: Mon Mar 11, 2013 11:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Big Rob wrote:
Baggabonez wrote:
Big Rob wrote:

So the Raiders are going to give a pay bump (mandatory per years of service) to be a backup TE? Wouldn't his agent say this is backup money for the team's leading receiver? Imo, the choice is make a Branchesque commitment or move on. I'll choose the later as even if Meyers doesn't get suction in FA (unlikely) he'll expect to return with a bump.

The Raiders dated. The basics were nice (receptions) but the intangibles were severely lacking (blocking, yac, tackle breaking). Myers just isn't marriage material, imo.
Big Rob

PostPosted: Tue Mar 12, 2013 12:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Baggabonez wrote:
Big Rob wrote:
Baggabonez wrote:
Big Rob wrote:

So the Raiders are going to give a pay bump (mandatory per years of service) to be a backup TE? Wouldn't his agent say this is backup money for the team's leading receiver? Imo, the choice is make a Branchesque commitment or move on. I'll choose the later as even if Meyers doesn't get suction in FA (unlikely) he'll expect to return with a bump.

The Raiders dated. The basics were nice (receptions) but the intangibles were severely lacking (blocking, yac, tackle breaking). Myers just isn't marriage material, imo.

I agree he isn't someone to throw money at, but I believe he is worth a slight "bump" in pay...if we are going to be able to run or be able to show different looks well need at least 2 decent TEs

Bringing him back won't make or break us, but I'd like to bring him back on the cheap as TE would be another hole for this team if we let him walk...
Keanun__

PostPosted: Tue Mar 12, 2013 12:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Big Rob wrote:
Baggabonez wrote:
Big Rob wrote:
Baggabonez wrote:
Big Rob wrote:

I agree he isn't someone to throw money at, but I believe he is worth a slight "bump" in pay...if we are going to be able to run or be able to show different looks well need at least 2 decent TEs

Bringing him back won't make or break us, but I'd like to bring him back on the cheap as TE would be another hole for this team if we let him walk...

For the right price he is worth having.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 12, 2013 1:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Keanun__ wrote:
Big Rob wrote:
Baggabonez wrote:
Big Rob wrote:
Baggabonez wrote:
Big Rob wrote:

Give me Fasano, better blocker and could probably catch 80 balls in garbage time too.
Keanun__

PostPosted: Tue Mar 12, 2013 1:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

raidr4life wrote:
Keanun__ wrote:
Big Rob wrote:
Baggabonez wrote:
Big Rob wrote:
Baggabonez wrote:
Big Rob wrote:

Give me Fasano, better blocker and could probably catch 80 balls in garbage time too.

He only has 74 receptions in 2011 and 2012 combined. B.Myers has 5 more in just 1 season. Myers is without a doubt better than Fasano.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 12, 2013 1:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

This thread lost all credibility when I got to the part that said Matt Giordano must be kept. Rolling Eyes

Raider X hooked me with the sig

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Oakland Raiders All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: