Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Free Agency 2013 thread
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Carolina Panthers
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Zithers

PostPosted: Sat Mar 16, 2013 1:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dwan Edwards said he wants to go to a contender and more than a one year deal, which is what we're offering him. Says he is weighing offers, including one from playoff team.

More murmurs about an OL: Frank Omiyale

PostPosted: Sat Mar 16, 2013 1:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

fretgod99 wrote:
Panthers11 wrote:
I really regret the D-Will signing....
The Williams contract wasn't a problem. Frankly, the Stewart contract wasn't a problem, either. It's having both of them together that is the problem. If they were going to keep Stewart around, they shouldn't have signed Williams long term. If they wanted to keep Williams long term, they shouldn't have given a long term contract to Stewart.

Neither of them deserved the money they got. I'm not sure committing to either of them long-term was the right call.

NS922 wrote:
All on LOLton for page stretching to Green Idk what happened my phone graduated to ROFLtron
james.mcmurry13

PostPosted: Sat Mar 16, 2013 1:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Cypher wrote:
fretgod99 wrote:
Panthers11 wrote:
The Williams contract wasn't a problem. Frankly, the Stewart contract wasn't a problem, either. It's having both of them together that is the problem. If they were going to keep Stewart around, they shouldn't have signed Williams long term. If they wanted to keep Williams long term, they shouldn't have given a long term contract to Stewart.

Neither of them deserved the money they got. I'm not sure committing to either of them long-term was the right call.

Well, I'd be hard-pressed to say that letting both go would have been the right call. Tolbert-Goodson?
rjkilla

PostPosted: Sat Mar 16, 2013 1:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah I'm against giving any RB a big contract unless he's like a HOF talent. You can find good RBs pretty easy so why overpay? That money needs to be spent elsewhere

PostPosted: Sat Mar 16, 2013 4:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

james.mcmurry13 wrote:
Cypher wrote:
fretgod99 wrote:
Panthers11 wrote:

Well, I'd be hard-pressed to say that letting both go would have been the right call. Tolbert-Goodson?

Let Williams walk in 2011, maybe re-sign Stewart for a two year extension while his value was relatively low, draft a young guy to spell Stewart. Would have worked fine.

NS922 wrote:
All on LOLton for page stretching to Green Idk what happened my phone graduated to ROFLtron
iknowcool

PostPosted: Sat Mar 16, 2013 4:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

It is kind of hard to let both of our backs walk when we also have a porous offensive line and nobody that really scares defenses in the pass game at WR sans Smith (I like LaFell but he is a possession receiver and one that doesn't scare defenses). Olsen is solid, no doubt, but we'd be just setting Newton up for failure. Granted not like he had much of a run game or offensive line supporting him last year but still.

I don't see the issue in re-signing Stewart and I don't think we overpaid on him either. But we shouldn't have re-signed Williams looking back. Though I'm not sure it'd be as big of an issue if we actually utilized them properly. But we shouldn't have given both of them long term deals, agreed. Either Stew or Williams needed to walk, but I don't think it'd have been smart to let them both go.

PostPosted: Sat Mar 16, 2013 8:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

iknowcool wrote:
It is kind of hard to let both of our backs walk when we also have a porous offensive line and nobody that really scares defenses in the pass game at WR sans Smith (I like LaFell but he is a possession receiver and one that doesn't scare defenses). Olsen is solid, no doubt, but we'd be just setting Newton up for failure. Granted not like he had much of a run game or offensive line supporting him last year but still.

I don't see the issue in re-signing Stewart and I don't think we overpaid on him either. But we shouldn't have re-signed Williams looking back. Though I'm not sure it'd be as big of an issue if we actually utilized them properly. But we shouldn't have given both of them long term deals, agreed. Either Stew or Williams needed to walk, but I don't think it'd have been smart to let them both go.

Amen. Preach on.

PostPosted: Sun Mar 17, 2013 1:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dan Connor and Louis Murphy signed with the Giants. Lmao!

Brent Grimes is visiting with Cleveland. Wouldn't mind him leaving the division.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 18, 2013 3:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
According to Vaughn McClure of the Chicago Tribune, former Bears cornerback D.J. Moore is visiting the Panthers later this week.

The former fourth-rounder from Vanderbilt intercepted 10 passes the last three seasons for the Bears, but they told him they wanted to go in a different direction

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2013/03/18/panthers-bringing-d-j-moore-in-for-a-look/

Thanks CK
johnydtarheel

PostPosted: Mon Mar 18, 2013 4:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
Joe Person ‏@josephperson
#Panthers to talk to agent of free agent CB Captain Munnerlyn again today, per league source.

Thanks CK
Panthers11

PostPosted: Mon Mar 18, 2013 10:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Looking like we won't draft a CB too high.
S, DT, OT, WR are the prospects in my opinion.

The HORNETS are back. Yes We Cam. Giancarlo <3.
Zithers

PostPosted: Tue Mar 19, 2013 5:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

We offered Captain 3/5. Turned it down, I guess, as we just signed DJ Moore to a one year deal.

Would have preferred Captain but w/e. Dunno anything about DJ except that he had a pick six against us in 2011.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 19, 2013 6:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

We are meeting with Ted Ginn and mike mitchell

PostPosted: Tue Mar 19, 2013 7:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You'll love Mike Mitchell, dude brings the Passion.
Panthers11

PostPosted: Tue Mar 19, 2013 8:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I remember when Mike Mitchell was drafted. Laughing
And I would personally love Ginn. When's the last memorable return we had?

The HORNETS are back. Yes We Cam. Giancarlo <3.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Carolina Panthers All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next
Page 7 of 9

Jump to: