Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Jarvis Jones
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Oakland Raiders
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Silver&Black88

PostPosted: Tue Mar 12, 2013 9:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Darth,

I've stated my case with Dion Jordan numerous times, I'm sick of saying the same things over and over again because no one around here seems to remember. That's #1.

#2, You don't know anything about me. You don't even know anything about what this forum has become since you've been gone. So I don't know where you get off parading around like you're some example of class. You wanna talk class? How about dissing someone when they're not around? How 'classy' is that? How about whining in FFMD when you disagree with picks, but are NEVER around to put in work or give any insight? Yeah, total "class".

And how ironic is this?
DarthDavis wrote:
"Wait... did someone start a legitimate thread posting a question that contradicts what I think?"

That's literally EXACTLY what you're doing. I got into it before with you about Dion/Jarvis and you shrugged it off because it "wasn't the right thread". In the small retort you gave, you said: "If you say spine blah blah blah, I'll say shoulder blah, blah, blah". How dismissive and condescending is that? What kind of person thinks a SPINE injury is just as concerning as a shoulder injury? Where did you get your doctorate? Because I think you need to go back and put in some more work.

Why should I have any respect for you or the things you say? You clearly don't have any for me. You shouldn't throw stones if you live in a glass house. I'm not responding to you if you try talking to me again. In this, or any other thread.

If you had a problem with me, you should have shot me a PM. But don't bother now.

BigBillsFan13 wrote:
Silver&Black88 wrote:
Somewhere, RR strokes his mustache with pride
Among other things...
Silver&Black88

PostPosted: Tue Mar 12, 2013 10:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Side note: OP, I'm sorry I was a tool to you and ruined your thread. But I've made the same exact arguments for Jordan numerous times on this forum and am sick of repeating myself. The Waka Flocka thing was just a joke at first though.

BigBillsFan13 wrote:
Silver&Black88 wrote:
Somewhere, RR strokes his mustache with pride
Among other things...
Raidin

PostPosted: Tue Mar 12, 2013 10:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jones would be my first choice, his pro-day will be big though. He's certainly miles ahead any other pass-rusher for me. None of the others are worth taking a #3 except maybe Moore.
NCOUGHMAN

PostPosted: Tue Mar 12, 2013 10:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

DarthDavis wrote:
NCOUGHMAN wrote:

if jones is cleared he is #2 no way jax passes on him. but thats a big if.
his pro day is gonna be huge

Why is it so clear that he either goes to Jax or falls out of the top 10? Don't understand why he makes overwhelming sense for the Jaguars but doesn't for us? Care to elaborate?

im saying in a weak draft IF he is really has a clean bill of health he will go #2 i would say #1 but kc has houston and hali on the outside. he could fit with us at olb if we move to a 3-4 but imo he is best around the L.O.S. and having him at OLB in a 4-3 would be somewhat wasting his talents. i have questions about if he cant put a hand in the dirt as a 4-3 de.

green24 wrote:
NCOUGHMAN > all of you

Raider X wrote:
This is football, not pussology 101
Dreadymatt

PostPosted: Tue Mar 12, 2013 11:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'd be happy with Luke Joeckel, Eric Fisher, Bjoern Werner, Jarvis or Star

....and seeing as we're number 3 we can certainly choose one of them
OakRaiders3828

PostPosted: Tue Mar 12, 2013 11:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

NCOUGHMAN wrote:
DarthDavis wrote:
NCOUGHMAN wrote:

Why is it so clear that he either goes to Jax or falls out of the top 10? Don't understand why he makes overwhelming sense for the Jaguars but doesn't for us? Care to elaborate?

im saying in a weak draft IF he is really has a clean bill of health he will go #2 i would say #1 but kc has houston and hali on the outside. he could fit with us at olb if we move to a 3-4 but imo he is best around the L.O.S. and having him at OLB in a 4-3 would be somewhat wasting his talents. i have questions about if he cant put a hand in the dirt as a 4-3 de.

Isn't Von Miller the same type of player, and he plays in a 4-3. Dennis Allen showed he knows how to use pass rushing OLB's in a 4-3
TiberiusRising

PostPosted: Tue Mar 12, 2013 12:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

OakRaiders3828 wrote:
NCOUGHMAN wrote:
DarthDavis wrote:
NCOUGHMAN wrote:

Isn't Von Miller the same type of player, and he plays in a 4-3. Dennis Allen showed he knows how to use pass rushing OLB's in a 4-3
Yes. He would basically replace Wheeler. Maybe even move Wheeler or Burris inside.
NCOUGHMAN

PostPosted: Tue Mar 12, 2013 12:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

OakRaiders3828 wrote:
NCOUGHMAN wrote:
DarthDavis wrote:
NCOUGHMAN wrote:

jones = von "wow" miller idk about all that. ill have to wait till after pro day.

green24 wrote:
NCOUGHMAN > all of you

Raider X wrote:
This is football, not pussology 101
bitty

PostPosted: Tue Mar 12, 2013 1:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

justwinbaby81 wrote:
bitty wrote:
I was hard on Jones but since then the answer two my three concerns. ( Size and injury)
If he could run in the 4.5 - 4.6 and show he has fluid hips.
I wouldn't be against drafting him.

So basically you wouldnt be against drafting him if he's good at everything? "Bold strategy Cotton, lets see if it pays off for 'em."

Why anyone wouldn't want the best defensive player available on game tape from last year at a position of need is beyond me, considering his only issue everyone had was answered. He was probably mis-diagnosed and not one doctor has seen a problem since. Now everyone has a problem because months went by where posters have been infatuated with one guy and are getting [inappropriate/removed] that "their guy" that they've been pushing isn't really the best option anymore.

Because he's more of a 3-4 OLB. If a 4-3 team drafts him he must show that he won't be a liability in pass coverage.
Dat Raider

PostPosted: Tue Mar 12, 2013 1:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

bitty wrote:
justwinbaby81 wrote:
bitty wrote:
I was hard on Jones but since then the answer two my three concerns. ( Size and injury)

So basically you wouldnt be against drafting him if he's good at everything? "Bold strategy Cotton, lets see if it pays off for 'em."

Why anyone wouldn't want the best defensive player available on game tape from last year at a position of need is beyond me, considering his only issue everyone had was answered. He was probably mis-diagnosed and not one doctor has seen a problem since. Now everyone has a problem because months went by where posters have been infatuated with one guy and are getting [inappropriate/removed] that "their guy" that they've been pushing isn't really the best option anymore.

Because he's more of a 3-4 OLB. If a 4-3 team drafts him he must show that he won't be a liability in pass coverage.

On the contrary, he's actually better suited for OLB in a 4-3 defense. IMHO, our team is going to run a lot of hybrid looks anyway, so 3-4/4-3 are just numbers. If the player can help us, then it doesn't matter. His game tape is very good. Great football player with great IQ. If we can get him at #3 it will be a victory.
justwinbaby81

PostPosted: Tue Mar 12, 2013 1:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dat Raider wrote:
bitty wrote:
justwinbaby81 wrote:
bitty wrote:

On the contrary, he's actually better suited for OLB in a 4-3 defense. IMHO, our team is going to run a lot of hybrid looks anyway, so 3-4/4-3 are just numbers. If the player can help us, then it doesn't matter. His game tape is very good. Great football player with great IQ. If we can get him at #3 it will be a victory.

I absolutely agree. I think he is primarily a 4-3 OLB also.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 12, 2013 2:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

justwinbaby81 wrote:
Dat Raider wrote:
bitty wrote:
justwinbaby81 wrote:
bitty wrote:

He would be an excellent addition to such a grey team. We need play makers to bring us back to Silver & Black, because we are one of the greyest teams in the league. Possibly in all of professional sports.
bitty

PostPosted: Tue Mar 12, 2013 2:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

justwinbaby81 wrote:
Dat Raider wrote:
bitty wrote:
justwinbaby81 wrote:
bitty wrote:

I don't understand why you think he's more of an 4-3 LB?
The weakest part of his game is pass coverage.
In three years of football he had 5 past breakups and 1Int but had 28 sacks.
Darkness

PostPosted: Tue Mar 12, 2013 2:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If we're ever going to run a hybrid D, Jones would be an awesome pick. He reminds me a lot of Clay Matthews. Just hope his back checks out.
backinblack

PostPosted: Tue Mar 12, 2013 2:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Darkness wrote:
If we're ever going to run a hybrid D, Jones would be an awesome pick. He reminds me a lot of Clay Matthews. Just hope his back checks out.

thats what i was thinking about him. his pro day will effect the draft in a big way. but i also agree with Jordan being a stud also. we need someone that the qb needs to find on every play.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Oakland Raiders All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
Page 4 of 6

Jump to: