Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Jarvis Jones
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Oakland Raiders
View previous topic :: View next topic  
NCOUGHMAN

PostPosted: Tue Mar 12, 2013 1:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Big Rob wrote:
OakRaiders3828 wrote:
http://www.sbnation.com/nfl-mock-draft/2013/3/10/4085694/jarvis-jones-spinal-stenosis-medical-nfl-draft

Quote:
Dan Pompei of National Football Post reports that an orthopedist who checked the linebacker said Jones may have only had "either had a very mild incident of spinal cord concussion or merely a stinger that has long since resolved."

Welcome to Oakland

If he is there at #3 we have to take him...

if jones is cleared he is #2 no way jax passes on him. but thats a big if.
his pro day is gonna be huge

green24 wrote:
NCOUGHMAN >>>>>> all of you
Big Rob

PostPosted: Tue Mar 12, 2013 1:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

NCOUGHMAN wrote:
Big Rob wrote:
OakRaiders3828 wrote:
http://www.sbnation.com/nfl-mock-draft/2013/3/10/4085694/jarvis-jones-spinal-stenosis-medical-nfl-draft

Quote:
Dan Pompei of National Football Post reports that an orthopedist who checked the linebacker said Jones may have only had "either had a very mild incident of spinal cord concussion or merely a stinger that has long since resolved."

Welcome to Oakland

If he is there at #3 we have to take him...

Hopefully they fall in love with both the tackles...
TiberiusRising

PostPosted: Tue Mar 12, 2013 1:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Here is the main article. Certainley peaking my interest. Especially if we cannot retain Wheeler.

http://sports.yahoo.com/blogs/nfl-shutdown-corner/report-jarvis-jones-gets-another-clean-bill-health-153100098--nfl.html
raidersgo25

PostPosted: Tue Mar 12, 2013 1:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

DarthDavis wrote:
I mean seriously I read a ton opinions nearing the start for a "Clowning for Clowney" campaign. Yet here is a guy that out performed Clowney in the same division. And you legitimate posters start posting child caliber responses. "opinions don't matter" "jumping out of a window" seriously? you guys are on some kool-aid.

"Wait... did someone start a legitimate thread posting a question that contradicts what I think?"

Thank you!! I wasn't trying to sound like i know it all, I'm just really curious as to why people like all these guys based off potential when Jarvis has production to back it up. I think SB88 may have realized he doesn't have many facts to back up why he likes Jordan so much, and maybe thats why he chose not to answer any of my questions...
Can anyone explain to me how Jordan is a better prospect than someone like Jarvis? If he is so explosive and a great pass rusher why was he not asked to do this more in Oregon?
I hope Jones lands to us and we pick him up, I think he's the spark our D needs he is constantly causing fumbles and havok for opposing offenses. I believe if we resign Wheeler however, the staff might be looking in a different direction and draft someone like Richardson or Moore instead.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 12, 2013 2:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

raidersgo25 wrote:
DarthDavis wrote:
I mean seriously I read a ton opinions nearing the start for a "Clowning for Clowney" campaign. Yet here is a guy that out performed Clowney in the same division. And you legitimate posters start posting child caliber responses. "opinions don't matter" "jumping out of a window" seriously? you guys are on some kool-aid.

"Wait... did someone start a legitimate thread posting a question that contradicts what I think?"

Thank you!! I wasn't trying to sound like i know it all, I'm just really curious as to why people like all these guys based off potential when Jarvis has production to back it up. I think SB88 may have realized he doesn't have many facts to back up why he likes Jordan so much, and maybe thats why he chose not to answer any of my questions...
Can anyone explain to me how Jordan is a better prospect than someone like Jarvis? If he is so explosive and a great pass rusher why was he not asked to do this more in Oregon?
I hope Jones lands to us and we pick him up, I think he's the spark our D needs he is constantly causing fumbles and havok for opposing offenses. I believe if we resign Wheeler however, the staff might be looking in a different direction and draft someone like Richardson or Moore instead.

My personal preference is to have Wheeler and Jones as OLB's in a 3-4. Burris was scouted by many as a 3-4 ILB when he was a prospect last year. Tarver's specialty is 3-4 OLB's. Wheeler played 3-4 in college. If we resigned Wheeler and Bryant we would have a stud making of a 3-4.

Even if not that extreme Wheeler and Jones could coincide in a 4-3.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 12, 2013 2:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I did a draft where we took Jones at 3 and OLB Porter with our 3rd and ILB Reddick with our 4th. Welcome the 3-4D...
DarthDavis

PostPosted: Tue Mar 12, 2013 2:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

NCOUGHMAN wrote:

Why is it so clear that he either goes to Jax or falls out of the top 10? Don't understand why he makes overwhelming sense for the Jaguars but doesn't for us? Care to elaborate?

PostPosted: Tue Mar 12, 2013 2:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

raidersgo25 wrote:
DarthDavis wrote:

Yeah they all fell for the combine workout, just like Al use to do.
sundancejoe

PostPosted: Tue Mar 12, 2013 4:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't get why he's no longer "good value" at three but makes perfect sense in the 7-9 area (most commonly mocked). He was very clearly considered the best or one of the best prospects in the draft back in January. What changed now that he's medically cleared? I don't get it. Scheme versatile, fits our biggest need, crazy productive; seems like a perfect fit for McKenzie as he's all about guys who can just play the game. My preference for #3.
DOCLEW 28

PostPosted: Tue Mar 12, 2013 5:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

sundancejoe wrote:
What changed now that he's medically cleared? I don't get it. Scheme versatile, fits our biggest need, crazy productive; seems like a perfect fit for McKenzie as he's all about guys who can just play the game.

It's called paralysis by overanalysis. The closer we get to the draft, the more stuff changes and logic flies out the window.

Raider X hooked me with the sig
bitty

PostPosted: Tue Mar 12, 2013 7:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I was hard on Jones but since then the answer two my three concerns. ( Size and injury)
If he could run in the 4.5 - 4.6 and show he has fluid hips.
I wouldn't be against drafting him.
bitty

PostPosted: Tue Mar 12, 2013 7:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

raidr4life wrote:
raidersgo25 wrote:
DarthDavis wrote:

Yeah they all fell for the combine workout, just like Al use to do.

It's all about potential. In a throwing league you have a LB who can rush the passers and cover the TE one on one. That's a huge plus if you don't need a safety to cover the TE?
justwinbaby81

PostPosted: Tue Mar 12, 2013 8:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

bitty wrote:
I was hard on Jones but since then the answer two my three concerns. ( Size and injury)
If he could run in the 4.5 - 4.6 and show he has fluid hips.
I wouldn't be against drafting him.

So basically you wouldnt be against drafting him if he's good at everything? "Bold strategy Cotton, lets see if it pays off for 'em."

Why anyone wouldn't want the best defensive player available on game tape from last year at a position of need is beyond me, considering his only issue everyone had was answered. He was probably mis-diagnosed and not one doctor has seen a problem since. Now everyone has a problem because months went by where posters have been infatuated with one guy and are getting [inappropriate/removed] that "their guy" that they've been pushing isn't really the best option anymore.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 12, 2013 8:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

DOCLEW 28 wrote:
sundancejoe wrote:
What changed now that he's medically cleared? I don't get it. Scheme versatile, fits our biggest need, crazy productive; seems like a perfect fit for McKenzie as he's all about guys who can just play the game.

It's called paralysis by overanalysis. The closer we get to the draft, the more stuff changes and logic flies out the window.

+1

And with no consensus #1 pick, a ton of question marks, a deep draft, and the rookie wage scale, I think we can go in almost any direction and come out OK. I would be happy with Jones. His injury risk is no worse than Ansah's boom-or-bust risk for me.

Silver&Black88 on the sig

La_Vader wrote:
I wouldn't trade Pryor for any prospect in this years draft. Quote me on that
TiberiusRising

PostPosted: Tue Mar 12, 2013 9:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

ZoomWaffle wrote:
DOCLEW 28 wrote:
sundancejoe wrote:

+1

And with no consensus #1 pick, a ton of question marks, a deep draft, and the rookie wage scale, I think we can go in almost any direction and come out OK. I would be happy with Jones. His injury risk is no worse than Ansah's boom-or-bust risk for me.

If this report is true and nothing shocking happens at his pro day I would agree. If you pick a safe player it has to be an OT. If we get a guy with questions he should be the most productive. I could see Allen wanting a guy like Jones after having Von Miller in DEN.

Safe:
Fisher
Joeckel

Questions:
Star
Floyd
Jordan
Ansah
Jones

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Oakland Raiders All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
Page 3 of 6

Jump to: