Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

 FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Jarvis Jones
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
 
Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Oakland Raiders
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Author Message
raidersgo25


Joined: 31 Mar 2008
Posts: 239
Location: Oakland,CA
PostPosted: Mon Mar 11, 2013 9:46 pm    Post subject: Jarvis Jones Reply with quote


With Jarvis Jones being the most productive pass rusher in the entire NCAA, why is he not considered a top candidate by Raider Nation for the 3rd pick in the draft? I realize he has a spinal condition, however it is seemingly less and less likely this will effect his NFL career with all the doctors saying this condition should not be a concern for teams trying to draft him. He not only led the country in sacks, but he did it while being in the toughest division AND missing out on two games! He is a beast with the best football instincts out of any defensive player in the draft, and I think Allen could use him in a Von Miller type of role. Why is his name not on the top of our boards? Is it his size? Does he not look good on tape? Declining to work out at the combine? His athleticism?
I believe Jones is an old school, hard nose football player who could add a lot of star power to our sorry defense and am interested to here what the rest of the Nation thinks.
_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Silver&Black88


Joined: 24 Feb 2009
Posts: 31796
Location: Rochester, NY
PostPosted: Mon Mar 11, 2013 9:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'll take a pass on Waka Flocka and his spine. Although I'd be happier with him than Floyd. So there's that.
_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
OakRaiders3828


Joined: 18 Aug 2007
Posts: 9837
Location: Pennsylvania
PostPosted: Mon Mar 11, 2013 9:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm down. I do believe with building the trenches first, but i feel like this draft is so deep that we could effectively do that with our remainding picks as well as FA. I understand peoples concerns with his spine injury, with taking a guy that MIGHT have a short career with a rebuilding team, however, I personally believe the reward outweighs the risk and I don't believe it will be as serious as Mcneils and cut his career short, plus I think he's more passionate about the game.

he has been my number 1 for some time now. IMO he not only adresses our most pressing need, but he is also one of the best players in this draft.
_________________
O A K L A N D R A I D E R S
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
raidersgo25


Joined: 31 Mar 2008
Posts: 239
Location: Oakland,CA
PostPosted: Mon Mar 11, 2013 9:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Silver&Black88 wrote:
I'll take a pass on Waka Flocka and his spine. Although I'd be happier with him than Floyd. So there's that.

What I'm saying is why are people more hyped about someone like Deon Jordan, who had next to nothing production wise in a weak conference at Oregon, than someone like Jones who has proved he is on top of the competition? Even verse Bama, Jones was game planned against all game and was still able to put up good numbers. Everyone wants to draft these other guys based off potential, but isn't that what got us into the ish we dealing with today? What has a guy like Jordan done to prove he can consistently rush the passer?
_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Silver&Black88


Joined: 24 Feb 2009
Posts: 31796
Location: Rochester, NY
PostPosted: Mon Mar 11, 2013 9:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

raidersgo25 wrote:
Silver&Black88 wrote:
I'll take a pass on Waka Flocka and his spine. Although I'd be happier with him than Floyd. So there's that.

What I'm saying is why are people more hyped about someone like Deon Jordan, who had next to nothing production wise in a weak conference at Oregon, than someone like Jones who has proved he is on top of the competition? Even verse Bama, Jones was game planned against all game and was still able to put up good numbers. Everyone wants to draft these other guys based off potential, but isn't that what got us into the ish we dealing with today? What has a guy like Jordan done to prove he can consistently rush the passer?


He wasn't asked to rush the passer like Jarvis Jones. And why is the first defense for Jarvis Jones always "OMG DION JORDAN IS SO LAME. LIEK I BET HE SMELLS LIKE CHEESE OR SOMETHING!!1!1"?
_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
raidersgo25


Joined: 31 Mar 2008
Posts: 239
Location: Oakland,CA
PostPosted: Mon Mar 11, 2013 10:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Silver&Black88 wrote:
raidersgo25 wrote:
Silver&Black88 wrote:
I'll take a pass on Waka Flocka and his spine. Although I'd be happier with him than Floyd. So there's that.

What I'm saying is why are people more hyped about someone like Deon Jordan, who had next to nothing production wise in a weak conference at Oregon, than someone like Jones who has proved he is on top of the competition? Even verse Bama, Jones was game planned against all game and was still able to put up good numbers. Everyone wants to draft these other guys based off potential, but isn't that what got us into the ish we dealing with today? What has a guy like Jordan done to prove he can consistently rush the passer?


He wasn't asked to rush the passer like Jarvis Jones. And why is the first defense for Jarvis Jones always "OMG DION JORDAN IS SO LAME. LIEK I BET HE SMELLS LIKE CHEESE OR SOMETHING!!1!1"?

I mentioned Jordan because your sig says your driving the "draft Jordan with the 3rd pick train" and I was curious as to why you think he merits a top 3 pick. Was it necessary to reply to me like a little kid? Your excuse is that Jordan wasn't asked to rush the passer, so I am curious as to why you think he will be such a great pass rusher besides the fact that he's tall? How did he help that Oregon defense and what makes you think he can have more production in the NFL than in a weak NCAA conference? If he wasn't asked to rush the passer, does that mean he's much better in coverage? Or does Oregon have the best pass rush and they didn't need any help taking the QB down?
_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Silver&Black88


Joined: 24 Feb 2009
Posts: 31796
Location: Rochester, NY
PostPosted: Mon Mar 11, 2013 10:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

raidersgo25 wrote:
Was it necessary to reply to me like a little kid?


Was it necessary to go mama bear and bring up a different player who had nothing to do with Jarvis Jones? No? Oh, alright. I'm just bustin at em.


Its a party, its a party, its a partaaaayyyyyy
_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
raidersgo25


Joined: 31 Mar 2008
Posts: 239
Location: Oakland,CA
PostPosted: Mon Mar 11, 2013 10:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Silver&Black88 wrote:
raidersgo25 wrote:
Was it necessary to reply to me like a little kid?


Was it necessary to go mama bear and bring up a different player who had nothing to do with Jarvis Jones? No? Oh, alright. I'm just bustin at em.


Its a party, its a party, its a partaaaayyyyyy

Lol you deleted the post that actually made some sense and instead wrote this bs? Yes it is necessary, because this thread is about why Jarvis Jones is so low on people's draft boards while people like Jordan seem more popular despite way less production and being in a weak conference. Since your sig mentions him, I chose to bring him up and hear why you think he is better for our team. I like Jordan, but do not understand why he is hyped up more than Jarvis. If he is so explosive and dominant, why did he barely produce in an average defense? You'd think the coaches at Oregon would be able to get more production from a player worth being drafted #3 overall...
Nobody's playing mama bear I just came to discuss the future of my favorite team big guy.
_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Big Rob


Joined: 24 Sep 2011
Posts: 1788
Location: Long Beach, Ca
PostPosted: Mon Mar 11, 2013 10:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Now that he is cleared medically he is #1 on my board...he'll bring an explosiveness off the edge we haven't had in years...
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Silver&Black88


Joined: 24 Feb 2009
Posts: 31796
Location: Rochester, NY
PostPosted: Mon Mar 11, 2013 10:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah, I decided I didn't really want to go into debate mode seeing as you obviously know everything. See ya on Grove St.
_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
raidersgo25


Joined: 31 Mar 2008
Posts: 239
Location: Oakland,CA
PostPosted: Mon Mar 11, 2013 10:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Silver&Black88 wrote:
Yeah, I decided I didn't really want to go into debate mode seeing as you obviously know everything. See ya on Grove St.

Fasho thanks for your valued opinion Travis, idk where we would all be without it bro glad to know your such a big Waka fan.
_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Silver&Black88


Joined: 24 Feb 2009
Posts: 31796
Location: Rochester, NY
PostPosted: Mon Mar 11, 2013 11:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

raidersgo25 wrote:
Silver&Black88 wrote:
Yeah, I decided I didn't really want to go into debate mode seeing as you obviously know everything. See ya on Grove St.

Fasho thanks for your valued opinion Travis, idk where we would all be without it bro glad to know your such a big Waka fan.





My opinion doesn't matter and I know it.
_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
ch8878


Joined: 12 Mar 2012
Posts: 2620
PostPosted: Mon Mar 11, 2013 11:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote


_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
big_palooka


Joined: 30 Mar 2006
Posts: 21733
Location: ATL
PostPosted: Mon Mar 11, 2013 11:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote


_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Tacos


Joined: 13 Jan 2011
Posts: 1165
PostPosted: Mon Mar 11, 2013 11:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

He's a better value at 3 than most of what people mock to us. Don't like Ziggy, Jordan, Milliner, Smith, Floyd at 3.

He was a great college player, he's medically cleared, people want a pass rush, I don't see the harm in taking him.
_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Display posts from previous:   

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Oakland Raiders All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
Page 1 of 6

 
Jump to:  
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum




Powered by phpBB © 2001, 2005 phpBB Group