Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Question regarding tenders

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Baltimore Ravens
View previous topic :: View next topic  
r_sayle

PostPosted: Mon Mar 11, 2013 7:58 pm    Post subject: Question regarding tenders Reply with quote

Right so Baltimore have placed a second round tender on pitta and 3rd on Arthur jones. Am I right in thinking if someone gives up a pick from that round they can offer him a contract?? And ravens the have the chance to match it?? If so I think teams would b crazy not to offer those picks. Pitta proved he could be one of the next great tight ends and Arthur jones proved he could b a solid starter. If I was a team in need for these positions id offer them those picks
coordinator0

PostPosted: Mon Mar 11, 2013 9:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Teams only give up draft picks if they sign the restricted free agent players. Dennis Pitta and Arthur Jones received a second round tender while Ed Dickson received a low tender (which would be a 3rd round pick). Honestly I'm not worried at all about other teams signing any of those guys. They're solid but not great and if any team did manage to offer them a contract Baltimore would't match I think it would be a win for the Ravens to just take the picks.
gooselovechild

PostPosted: Mon Mar 11, 2013 10:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Pitta is clearly the starter at TE now, and has developed great rapport with Flacco in addition to being his best friend on the team, so I doubt we would let him leave unless he got a deal that would blow our salary cap out of the water.

Dickson might get some sniffs for a 3rd rounder, and if he did, I would be inclined to take the pick and replace him with a rookie.

I seriously doubt anyone will even talk to Jones given the compensation required to sign him, but I would absolutely take the pick if he signs an offer sheet.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Baltimore Ravens All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: