Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

2013 Free Agency
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 35, 36, 37  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Houston Texans
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Texans02

PostPosted: Mon May 13, 2013 1:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Apollo Stallion wrote:
If his attitude is right, I'd welcome him to camp as I fully expect Ben Tate to show up and tweak a hammy 3 days into camp and sit in the tub a month.

Ben Tate has really managed to wear out his welcome, hasn't he? Think the coaches were sending him a message by signing a ton of well-regarded prospects to compete in camp?

Yes please!
Texansfan713

PostPosted: Mon May 13, 2013 1:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

kenney wrote:
Can we sign Peyton Hillis? I don't understand how this hasn't happened yet.

Why would we need to bring in Hillis? 1. We dont need him as a fullback when we already have 2 on the roster. 2. He would be a 3rd stringer at RB behind Foster and Tate. We are doing the right thing finding a cheaper and younger option to be our 3rd string RB.

PostPosted: Mon May 13, 2013 1:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Texansfan713 wrote:
kenney wrote:

Why would we need to bring in Hillis? 1. We dont need him as a fullback when we already have 2 on the roster. 2. He would be a 3rd stringer at RB behind Foster and Tate. We are doing the right thing finding a cheaper and younger option to be our 3rd string RB.

1. He hasn't played fullback since half-way through his rookie year.

2. That's the idea. If he's got any will to play at all he should be interested in playing for a contender for a low-level contract. It might not be the minimum, but I think he's worth throwing a ~$1MM contract offer at.

As Apollo has mentioned, Tate is not a reliable back-up. Hillis is good when he's in the right situation.
Apollo Stallion

PostPosted: Mon May 13, 2013 2:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Texans02 wrote:
Apollo Stallion wrote:
If his attitude is right, I'd welcome him to camp as I fully expect Ben Tate to show up and tweak a hammy 3 days into camp and sit in the tub a month.

Ben Tate has really managed to wear out his welcome, hasn't he? Think the coaches were sending him a message by signing a ton of well-regarded prospects to compete in camp?

If I were the Texans, I'd have made him go to the rookie camp since he has basically been M.I.A. all 3 offseasons so far. If one of these UDFAs or Karim shows he will put in the time to learn to pass protect, catch a ball, find the cutback lane and go instead of dancing, and hold onto the ball, I wouldn't put it past them to push one of them ahead of Ben. Obviously Tate has more physical talent than any of them, but then again, he had more than Arian and loafed his way out of a job that made Arian a very rich man. This team is better if Tate's head is on straight, but aside from a stretch of 3 games to open 2011 and some flashes in mop up duty he's been a massive tease who doesn't seem to understand that you actually have to work at this job to get better. Personally, I'm rooting for him to have a few stellar pre-season games and then be traded to some team who loses their #1 in the pre-season so we can get back something for the pick. If the Jets were dumb enough to give the Saints a 4th rounder for Chris Ivory who couldn't even beat out Pierre Thomas for easy carries against dime coverage, somebody still might throw a 3rd rounder our way. I'm still amazed the Chargers are going into another season without something behind Ryan Matthews who hasn't even been very good when he's healthy 3 weeks in a row.

12 Year Texans Season Ticket Holder
Texansfan713

PostPosted: Mon May 13, 2013 2:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

kenney wrote:
Texansfan713 wrote:
kenney wrote:

2. That's the idea. If he's got any will to play at all he should be interested in playing for a contender for a low-level contract. It might not be the minimum, but I think he's worth throwing a ~$1MM contract offer at.

As Apollo has mentioned, Tate is not a reliable back-up. Hillis is good when he's in the right situation.

Based on what? His injury history? I know Tate didnt have the year we expected him to have, but what makes Hillis any better? He was hurt last season also, and he had a worse year than Tate stats wise (minus yards even though they were close).

PostPosted: Mon May 13, 2013 6:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Texansfan713 wrote:
kenney wrote:
Texansfan713 wrote:
kenney wrote:

Based on what? His injury history? I know Tate didnt have the year we expected him to have, but what makes Hillis any better? He was hurt last season also, and he had a worse year than Tate stats wise (minus yards even though they were close).

See the post directly above yours.
Texans02

PostPosted: Tue May 14, 2013 11:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Apollo Stallion wrote:
Personally, I'm rooting for him to have a few stellar pre-season games and then be traded to some team who loses their #1 in the pre-season so we can get back something for the pick. If the Jets were dumb enough to give the Saints a 4th rounder for Chris Ivory who couldn't even beat out Pierre Thomas for easy carries against dime coverage, somebody still might throw a 3rd rounder our way. I'm still amazed the Chargers are going into another season without something behind Ryan Matthews who hasn't even been very good when he's healthy 3 weeks in a row.

Assuming we feel good about the other backs after TC, this is probably the best case. Flip him to someone that has a need and wants to roll the dice. I don't think he's likely to turn it around, and even if he does, I would be very suspicious of him being a contract year guy.

Yes please!
Apollo Stallion

PostPosted: Tue May 14, 2013 2:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Your boy is there for the taking AX2...

McNutt still ranks high on my list of custom jerseys to buy if he became a Texan. Texans promotions staff could have fun selling the McNutt Athletic Supporter if they had any creativity whatsoever...

[url]
http://www.rotoworld.com/player/nfl/7637/marvin-mcnutt[/url]

12 Year Texans Season Ticket Holder
lumberjackchris

PostPosted: Tue May 14, 2013 5:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Apollo Stallion wrote:
Your boy is there for the taking AX2...

McNutt still ranks high on my list of custom jerseys to buy if he became a Texan. Texans promotions staff could have fun selling the McNutt Athletic Supporter if they had any creativity whatsoever...

[url]
http://www.rotoworld.com/player/nfl/7637/marvin-mcnutt[/url]

That wasn't his boy....it was Marvin Jones of Cincy

PostPosted: Tue May 14, 2013 5:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Who was a fan of Dwight Jones from NC?

I'm confused.

lumberjackchris

PostPosted: Tue May 14, 2013 5:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

texans_uk wrote:

I'm confused.

ET?

PostPosted: Tue May 14, 2013 6:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yea my boy is Marvin Jones from Cincy and I still stand by the premise he is the best wide out from that draft. Too bad he is never gonna show it playing next to AJ Green. I bet by seasons end he is hands down their number 2.
Wolf6151

PostPosted: Tue May 14, 2013 6:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

texans_uk wrote:

I'm confused.

Where is he now anyway, Burger King or McDonald maybe Subway?
Texansfan713

PostPosted: Tue May 14, 2013 7:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

lumberjackchris wrote:
texans_uk wrote:

I'm confused.

ET?

I was. I thought he had 2nd round potential, and I was estactic that we picked him up as an UDFA.

The other two WR's I was a huge fan is Joe Adams (Panthers) and Tommy Streeter (Ravens). Streeter got hurt and was put on the IR and Adams wasn't a factor for the Panthers his rookie year.

PostPosted: Fri May 17, 2013 12:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

As much as I originally wanted the hometeam to sign this guy, looks like the Texans dodged a bullet Laughing

Quote:
News 12 New Jersey reports Jets RB Mike Goodson was arrested for marijuana and weapons possession early Friday morning.
Goodson and a friend were allegedly "found intoxicated in an SUV" along a Denville, NJ highway. Goodson was reportedly so drunk that he had to be hospitalized, while his gun was loaded with hollow point bullets. Goodson was a passenger in the vehicle. The driver has been charged with DUI. Goodson is facing serious charges, perhaps even the kind that could imperil a reserve running back's roster spot. At the very least, he'll be facing a suspension if found guilty.
per rotoworld

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Houston Texans All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 35, 36, 37  Next
Page 36 of 37

Jump to: