Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

2013 Free Agency
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 34, 35, 36, 37  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Houston Texans
View previous topic :: View next topic  
jch1911

PostPosted: Wed May 08, 2013 8:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for your contributions. Good luck in Cleveland. Deuces

Quote:
Browns agreed to terms with OT Rashad Butler, formerly of the Texans.
A 2006 third-round pick, Butler has appeared in just two games the past two seasons thanks to two tears of his right triceps. He played 245 snaps as the Texans' swing tackle in 2010. Now on the wrong side of 30, Butler will have to have a strong camp to earn a roster spot as a reserve tackle
Marco79

PostPosted: Thu May 09, 2013 1:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
Free agent ILB Karlos Dansby says he's received interest from the Jets, Texans and Falcons.
Dansby, who started all 16 games for the Dolphins last year, has visited with the Cardinals, Bengals and Bills as well. He'll be 32 in November, but is coming off a career-high 134 tackles and graded out as a top-13 3-4 inside linebacker. Dansby is trying to leverage his way into guaranteed money on a multi-year deal.

If they could pull off getting Dansby, it would be great,
Blaze

PostPosted: Thu May 09, 2013 1:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Marco79 wrote:
Quote:
Free agent ILB Karlos Dansby says he's received interest from the Jets, Texans and Falcons.
Dansby, who started all 16 games for the Dolphins last year, has visited with the Cardinals, Bengals and Bills as well. He'll be 32 in November, but is coming off a career-high 134 tackles and graded out as a top-13 3-4 inside linebacker. Dansby is trying to leverage his way into guaranteed money on a multi-year deal.

If they could pull off getting Dansby, it would be great,
Wherever he goes, it probably will be a one year deal. Its late in the offseason and and alot of teams have money tied up elsewhere.

TexanNation Roast http://www.footballsfuture.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=237149
PAtexansFAN99

PostPosted: Thu May 09, 2013 1:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

And we can still bring back Bradie James if we can't get him. If we CAN get him that would be a huge relief as we wouldn't have to force Montgomery and Williams in too quickly. We could really use an ILB or OLB with NFL experience!

PostPosted: Thu May 09, 2013 3:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Not gonna lie if we can sign Dansby ... baring injury our defense is going to look scary this season. Great defenses always have a great front seven.

Watt, Mitchell, Smith, Brooks, Cushing, Dansby, Mercilus.

Sounds great on paper.

Come on Texans convince Dansby that he will be a huge piece for a super bowl run and get a deal done.
MLB: Tigers
NHL: Red Wings
NCAAB: Michigan
NCAAF: Michigan
Texansfan713

PostPosted: Thu May 09, 2013 6:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dansby would be a very nice signing by us. Earlier in the offseason process I wanted him. We could use a veteran guy at ILB just in case Cushing goes down. Him and Cushing would be a nice ILB tandem. I dont want to see Dobbins and Sharpton start at ILB if Cushing were to go down. Plus I heard Wade say Sharpton isnt nowhere near ready for TC.

PostPosted: Thu May 09, 2013 8:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Texansfan713 wrote:
Dansby would be a very nice signing by us. Earlier in the offseason process I wanted him. We could use a veteran guy at ILB just in case Cushing goes down. Him and Cushing would be a nice ILB tandem. I dont want to see Dobbins and Sharpton start at ILB if Cushing were to go down. Plus I heard Wade say Sharpton isnt nowhere near ready for TC.

re: Sharpton
Quote:
Texans ILB Darryl Sharpton is still recovering from his hip injury.
Sharpton landed on injured reserve after Week 17 last season, but he declared himself "100 percent healed up" in February. The Texans are still taking it easy on him, but he should be ready to go when OTAs start on May 20. Sharpton and Tim Dobbins will compete for the starting job next to Brian Cushing.
Source: ESPN.com May 9 - 4:29 PM
jch1911

PostPosted: Fri May 10, 2013 10:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Getting a deal done with Dansby
Karlos apparently wants a multi-year deal + chance to start + another shot at SB ring

Karlos Dansby, LB (has played OLB / ILB in 3-4 alignment)
http://www.pro-football-reference.com/players/D/DansKa20.htm
4 years, $15M, $2M guaranteed, $1.2M signing bonus (over 1st 3 years)
2013: $840K base (guaranteed) + $400K SB + $1M in performance incentives ($500K Texans in Super Bowl + $500K Texans have top 5 defense in points allowed) = $2.24M cap hit
2014: $1M base + $400K SB + $1M roster bonus + $1M if voted into Pro Bowl = $3.4M cap hit (Interesting note: Dansby has never played in a Pro Bowl Shocked )
2015: $2M base + $400K SB + $1M roster bonus = $3.4M cap hit
2016: $3M base + $3M roster bonus = $6M cap hit
Compares to Larry Foote’s contract with Pittsburgh (3 years, $5.5M, $1M guaranteed) + Lorenzo Alexander’s contract with Arizona (3 years, $9M, $3M guaranteed). Both are around the same age as well as have a shot at starting for their respective teams.
2013 numbers leave room to sign a vet WR at around $1M for 2013 (Devery Henderson???)
If Cushing is unable to be re-signed, Texans would have Dansby in place at a reasonable cost while searching for next starting ILB.
Also, I have a suggestion about re-signing / extending Brian Cushing. (Would probably mean that the Ninja won’t be back in Houston Sad )
Extend ILB Brian Cushing (6 years, $67M, $29M guaranteed, $18M SB) (richest ILB contract in league history)
- 2014: $5M base + $3M SB = $8M cap hit (fully guaranteed)
- 2015: $6M base + $3M SB = $9M cap hit (fully guaranteed)
- 2016: $7M base + $3M SB = $10M cap hit
- 2017: $9M base + $3M SB = $12M cap hit
- 2018: $10M base + $3M SB = $13M cap hit
- 2019: $12M base +$3M SB = $15M cap hit
lumberjackchris

PostPosted: Fri May 10, 2013 11:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

So much for that idea Crying or Very sad

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2013/05/10/cardinals-sign-karlos-dansby/

^CalhounLambeau on the sick sig^

Adopt-A-Texan 2014-2015
DJ "Swag" Swearinger
31 tot, 0 int, 1 sck, 3 ff, countless missed tackles
jch1911

PostPosted: Fri May 10, 2013 12:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

lumberjackchris wrote:
So much for that idea Crying or Very sad
http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2013/05/10/cardinals-sign-karlos-dansby/

LMAO... I WAS just about to post (but FF locked me out)
Quote:
"Welp... Cardinals agreed to terms with ILB Karlos Dansby, formerly of the Dolphins, on a one-year contract." per rotoworld
kenney

PostPosted: Mon May 13, 2013 9:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Can we sign Peyton Hillis? I don't understand how this hasn't happened yet.
Blaze

PostPosted: Mon May 13, 2013 10:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

kenney wrote:
For what reason?

kenney

PostPosted: Mon May 13, 2013 10:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Blaze wrote:
kenney wrote:
For what reason?

Because he's been an extremely successful back in our system and he'd be good competition in OTAs and camp. Were you trying to prove a point by making me state the obvious?
Blaze

PostPosted: Mon May 13, 2013 10:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

kenney wrote:
Blaze wrote:
kenney wrote:
For what reason?

Because he's been an extremely successful back in our system and he'd be good competition in OTAs and camp. Were you trying to prove a point by making me state the obvious?
I really just wanted to hear your reasoning. Ill argue against bringing him in as for one, he would be behind Tate and im thinking with our cap issues, Kubiak wants a rookie UFA to take that third spot instead of a vet on another one year deal. Also, ive read that he wasnt the best locker room presence in previous stops while also being somewhat of a primedana.

Now although he does have talent and would add a different element of power to our offense, im not totally on board with bringing him on this ship with needs elsewhere. If he is taking the minimum, then what the heck, bring him to the deck. I just dont see a fit as a i doubt he wants to be second fiddle to a Foster type of great back. This guy was just on the cover of Madden a few years back.

Apollo Stallion

PostPosted: Mon May 13, 2013 12:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Blaze wrote:
kenney wrote:
Blaze wrote:
kenney wrote:
For what reason?

I really just wanted to hear your reasoning. Ill argue against bringing him in as for one, he would be behind Tate and im thinking with our cap issues, Kubiak wants a rookie UFA to take that third spot instead of a vet on another one year deal. Also, ive read that he wasnt the best locker room presence in previous stops while also being somewhat of a primedana.

Now although he does have talent and would add a different element of power to our offense, im not totally on board with bringing him on this ship with needs elsewhere. If he is taking the minimum, then what the heck, bring him to the deck. I just dont see a fit as a i doubt he wants to be second fiddle to a Foster type of great back. This guy was just on the cover of Madden a few years back.

Well, he'll be sitting on his couch playing Madden football this year with his boy Felix Jones if he doesn't stuff the ego aside and recognize that aside from 1 good season, 3 years removed he's a 7th round overachiever who has to outwork everyone else like when he was hungry as his talent is marginal and frankly even his good season would have been much more scrutinized in a more relevant team than Cleveland since he fumbled an absurd 8 times, losing 5 of them. If his attitude is right, I'd welcome him to camp as I fully expect Ben Tate to show up and tweak a hammy 3 days into camp and sit in the tub a month.

12 Year Texans Season Ticket Holder

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Houston Texans All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 34, 35, 36, 37  Next
Page 35 of 37

Jump to: