Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Ravens trade Anquan Boldin to 49ers for 6th rounder
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Baltimore Ravens
View previous topic :: View next topic  
diamondbull424

PostPosted: Tue Mar 12, 2013 3:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mancunian Raven wrote:
It sucks to see Boldin go, for sure. He's a great target for Flacco, and will definitely be missed. But if the FO wants the team to get younger, wants to build long term and do it within the cap, then I can see why they made this move.

For Boldin, I don't see it being a great move. While the 49ers are going to be amongst the favourites to get to the Super Bowl, I'm not sure how much action he'll see. The 49ers have Crabtree and Davis as intermediate targets, and will be looking for a deep threat too. Not sure where Boldin fits.

I think that the Ravens should have shopped around a bit more, though. There are other teams who badly need receivers with reliable hands, and I think they'd have offered more than one 6th, even for a 32 year old on the last year of his contract.

It was reported that Boldin was due a roster bonus this week so if the team didn't a) cut him or b) trade him by then, they would have had to fork over guaranteed cash to him... hence the expedited nature of all this.

But even then, I don't think we would've gotten anything better than a 5th round pick for Boldin had we had more time and teams losing out on FAs were more desperate for a trade. Boldin is simply too old and making too much at this point for many teams to want to risk bringing him in on a one year deal for any significant draft pick.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 12, 2013 3:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

diamondbull424 wrote:
Mancunian Raven wrote:
It sucks to see Boldin go, for sure. He's a great target for Flacco, and will definitely be missed. But if the FO wants the team to get younger, wants to build long term and do it within the cap, then I can see why they made this move.

For Boldin, I don't see it being a great move. While the 49ers are going to be amongst the favourites to get to the Super Bowl, I'm not sure how much action he'll see. The 49ers have Crabtree and Davis as intermediate targets, and will be looking for a deep threat too. Not sure where Boldin fits.

I think that the Ravens should have shopped around a bit more, though. There are other teams who badly need receivers with reliable hands, and I think they'd have offered more than one 6th, even for a 32 year old on the last year of his contract.

It was reported that Boldin was due a roster bonus this week so if the team didn't a) cut him or b) trade him by then, they would have had to fork over guaranteed cash to him... hence the expedited nature of all this.

But even then, I don't think we would've gotten anything better than a 5th round pick for Boldin had we had more time and teams losing out on FAs were more desperate for a trade. Boldin is simply too old and making too much at this point for many teams to want to risk bringing him in on a one year deal for any significant draft pick.

LOL welcome to the NFL, where teams will trade/release you instead of paying you a roster bonus which was in your contract that you only earn if you play well enough to earn!
Billy Spikes

PostPosted: Tue Mar 12, 2013 10:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Boldin interview after finding out about the trade, said it was a shock:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=LUzTw63FKlY#!
Tom Brady Tribute

Last edited by Billy Spikes on Tue Mar 12, 2013 10:47 pm; edited 1 time in total
DontTazeMeBro

PostPosted: Tue Mar 12, 2013 10:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Billy Spikes wrote:
Boldin interview after finding out about the trade, said it was a shock:

I don't agree with the move. But WTF do you expect to happen when they ask you to take a pay cut and you don't take a pay cut? Makes me wonder if he would have taken the pay cut if he'd realized it wasn't optional.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 12, 2013 11:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Was looking at a draft trade chart and the boldin trade makes a little bit more sense.
If we were to trade back to the fifth pick or so in the second round. we could package our two sixths along with our second and the picks we got out of the trade to move up eleven picks or so in the second to grab our falling ILB. Long shot but plausible.
Billy Spikes

PostPosted: Wed Mar 20, 2013 2:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

***Update***
Quote:
Anquan Boldin has passed his 49ers physical, according to a league source. That completes his trade from the Ravens

https://twitter.com/RavensInsider/status/314456424698765312
Tom Brady Tribute

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Baltimore Ravens All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7
Page 7 of 7

Jump to: