Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

The truth about Pryor vs. SD
Goto page 1, 2, 3 ... 12, 13, 14  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Oakland Raiders
View previous topic :: View next topic  
raidr4life

PostPosted: Mon Mar 11, 2013 2:56 pm    Post subject: The truth about Pryor vs. SD Reply with quote

Haters and Supporters chime in.

I think the guy showed promise, and I also broke down every possession during the game.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Pryor vs. SD

SD- returns kickoff (TD) 7-0

OAK- 1st possession 3 straight running plays (punt)

OAK- 2nd (pos) Marcell Reese drops first pass from Pryor for 1st down, 3rd and 3 Meyers drops 2nd pass by Pryor for 1st down.(punt)

SD- FG 10-0

OAK- 3rd (pos) Pryor 4-6 (TD DHB). 1 incompletion of the hands of Streater in the endzone, the other a throwaway out of bounds (in trouble).

OAK- TD 10-7

SD-TD 17-7 (Tommy Kelley keeps SD drive alive with multiple penalties and SD fake punt).

Oak- 4th (pos) 3 and out, two deep incompletions out of the reach of Moore.

Oak- 5th (pos) 2 minute drill Pryor drives team to FG range, but makes rookie mistake fails to get out of bounds before time expires.

Half Time 17-7 Announcers point out In there opinion Pryor hasnt had a single bad throw and recievers not helping with costly drops.

Oak- 6th (pos) Reece drops first down before big completion to Meyers, Pryor throws deep int in the endzone for DHB.

SD- 24-7

Oak- 7th (pos) Moore drops open deep pass afraid to get hit. DHB drops another deep pass off his hands and body could have been a TD.(punt)

Oak- 8th (pos) 3 and out, Pryor gets in trouble tries to make play to Moore on the run just out of reach.

Oak- 9th (pos) Pryor 3-3 67yds 3yd TD run, 78yd drive, 3 big catches by Streater. 24-14

Oak- 10th (pos) 3 and out (punt)

Oak- 11th (pos) Raiders block punt, TP 2-2 6yd TD pass to Moore.

Final 24-21

After watching this game yet again Pryor looked poised and in control the entire game. Our WR's were horrid for those of you who want to point out Comp%, yes he had a few floaters, but most had to do with him throwing off his back foot instead of stepping into throws (pressure in his face), something he needs to work on. He also threw a couple of lasers showing he can gun it.

Conclusion: The haters that dont want to give the kid credit are way off base, with more work and more practice reps the kid can certainly improve.
P.S. Notice TD drives only 1 drop! Streater in the endzone.

OUR FUTURE PREMIERE LT!!
Mad props to Silver&Black88 on the sig.

Last edited by raidr4life on Mon Apr 15, 2013 12:58 am; edited 1 time in total
JTagg7754

PostPosted: Mon Mar 11, 2013 3:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Oh my god... did this really need to be a thread??

/lock it up

PM sig requests.
Nodisrespect

PostPosted: Mon Mar 11, 2013 3:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Pryor is the best QB on the team.

I will not watch the Raiders with Palmer starting, i'd rather refinish my kitchen table or paint my wife's bathroom pink or try and remember all the Nickelodeon shows and characters, i won't do 2012 again, this is supposed to be entertainment. Evil or Very Mad
JTagg7754

PostPosted: Mon Mar 11, 2013 3:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nodisrespect wrote:

I will not watch the Raiders with Palmer starting, i'd rather refinish my kitchen table or paint my wife's bathroom pink or try and remember all the Nickelodeon shows and characters, i won't do 2012 again, this is supposed to be entertainment. Evil or Very Mad

Alright!!! Celebration time!!

PM sig requests.
NCOUGHMAN

PostPosted: Mon Mar 11, 2013 3:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nodisrespect wrote:

i go so much sleep on sunday last season Crying or Very sad

green24 wrote:
NCOUGHMAN >>>>>> all of you
JTagg7754

PostPosted: Mon Mar 11, 2013 3:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

NCOUGHMAN wrote:
Nodisrespect wrote:

i go so much sleep on sunday last season Crying or Very sad

Proof you didn't watch games so you have no clue what you're talking about.

Now we're getting somewhere!!!

PM sig requests.
Darkness

PostPosted: Mon Mar 11, 2013 3:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nodisrespect wrote:

We should have stuck with Knapp and let Pryor start this season IMO...
Silver&Black88

PostPosted: Mon Mar 11, 2013 3:15 pm    Post subject: Re: The truth about Pryor vs. SD Reply with quote

raidr4life wrote:
P.S. Notice TD drives no drops! except for Streater in the endzone.

Laughing

Thats like saying "I didn't screw up the operation, except for the part where I had to stitch the patient back up"

PostPosted: Mon Mar 11, 2013 3:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

JTagg7754 wrote:
Nodisrespect wrote:

This team being blacked out and disbanded is fine with you, as long as you get to see your cutie pie on sunday, and feel the vibrations of love while doing itl
JTagg7754

PostPosted: Mon Mar 11, 2013 3:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nodisrespect wrote:
JTagg7754 wrote:
Nodisrespect wrote:

This team being blacked out and disbanded is fine with you, as long as you get to see your cutie pie on sunday, and feel the vibrations of love while doing itl

Games aren't blacked out where I watch them. And I'm hardly "in love w/ Palmer" like you love Pryor. I just know he's the best QB option we have... there's a LARGE difference between reality and what you're implying. I really, really, really doubt you understand though so carry on.

PM sig requests.
Nodisrespect

PostPosted: Mon Mar 11, 2013 3:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Darkness wrote:
Nodisrespect wrote:

interesting idea, i agree Pryor and Knapp were a better fit but i'm not sure Knapp thought that.
Silver&Black88

PostPosted: Mon Mar 11, 2013 3:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nodisrespect wrote:
Darkness wrote:
Nodisrespect wrote:

interesting idea, i agree Pryor and Knapp were a better fit but i'm not sure Knapp thought that.

I'm not sure Knapp even had a brain to think that. Any idea of keeping him is foolish. Unless its to try for a high draft pick. Which I'm not a fan of doing.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 11, 2013 3:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

My objective take and this will be the last I jump into this debate.

Palmer:

Gives the team the best chance to win, period. He's geared for Olson's offense which will be more vertical and not have him rolling out, etc. He will be able to stand and deliver in the pocket which is his game.

Pryor:

Is not a vertical or consistent passer. He will have to show major improvement in preseason with his arm to convince anyone he can carry a 16 game schedule.

X Factors:

-Pryor is obviously going to make more plays with his legs and extend plays on 3rd down as a result.

-Palmer is going to get the ball out quicker and be a more consistent passer between the 20's.

If the Raiders decide to cut Palmer to save money, I have no problem with that. This team is bad top to bottom and will not be in contention for the playoffs. Palmer will win them more games, but it's not worth his salary for them.

Pryor just doesn't posses the arm for anything more than short term success.

If Palmer is cut, the Raiders will need a viable option at QB to compete in the offseason. I'd like to see 3-4 QBs compete and whomever wins the job, role with him. Period.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 11, 2013 3:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nodisrespect wrote:
Darkness wrote:
Nodisrespect wrote:

I think we should have stuck with Knapp so you Pryor lovers could see what Palmer had to work with all season. League's worst rushing attack, and consistent 3rd and longs. Terrible OC = Terrible offense. Do you guys not get that?
Silver&Black88

PostPosted: Mon Mar 11, 2013 3:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Darkness wrote:
Nodisrespect wrote:
Darkness wrote:
Nodisrespect wrote:

I think we should have stuck with Knapp so you Pryor lovers could see what Palmer had to work with all season. League's worst rushing attack, and consistent 3rd and longs. Terrible OC = Terrible offense. Do you guys not get that?

.....I'd like to take that post back. This makes sense too then. I was wondering how you changed your tune on that. Laughing

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Oakland Raiders All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3 ... 12, 13, 14  Next
Page 1 of 14

Jump to: