Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Percy Harvin Traded to Seahawks
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> San Francisco 49ers
View previous topic :: View next topic  
rudyZ

PostPosted: Mon Mar 11, 2013 2:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

NcFinest9erFan wrote:
Is there a cap hit for cutting rogers?

I read that it would be around 6 millions, so not worth cutting. Next year, though, we can cut him for nothing, or next to nothing. Now, is there a team who'd be interested in trading for Rogers and take him off our hands? Probably. I just don't think that's Baalke's way of doing business (although, that's practically what he's doing with Alex, but circumstances were extraordinary). If we start signing guys to multi-year deals just to turn around and trade them the following year, when we find someone better, free agents will stop signing here.

RudyZ's Power Rankings Power Ranking

1) RudyZ's Power Rankings Power Ranking
2) y2's pie Power Rankings (3.1416 rules!)
3) N4L's Poster Power Rankings
Swift21

PostPosted: Mon Mar 11, 2013 2:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Very good acquisition.

Sig credit goes to IDOG_det
SoS wrote:
Pete is just an arrogant wanna-be Jim Harbaugh but he's just not as smart.
Smile
ninerfanwheelz

PostPosted: Mon Mar 11, 2013 3:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well damn. Good for them

Deadpulse on the sig

CaliforniaKid7 wrote:
How does it end? Hopefully it's a guy snake cause girls don't poop.
49ersfan2152

PostPosted: Tue Mar 12, 2013 9:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Id like to find out what the hit will be for Rogers as well. If its 6 mill then theyll keep him an release him next year.

As for the Seahawks getting Harvin, ya im worried. Especially with us losing Dashon, an acquiring guys like Boldin for 6 mill in cap hits instead of using it for better use. I no some would like to add Sean Smith but trust me he is gonna get over payed an isnt worth the money. He is a real good #2 but inconsistent an there are concerns with him. Talib is a stud an will cost less. He has had off field issues but he seemed to be past them down here in New England. I think we would be a great fit for him.

I could see us trying Rogers out at FS or even Culliver if we add a good CB or two. But Culliver would anger me because I want him to stay at CB he is good an getting better.

gridiorngreat thnk you for the sig

Favorite Teams
Redsox, 49ers, Celtics, Uconn BB, Bruins, LSU FB
NcFinest9erFan

PostPosted: Tue Mar 12, 2013 9:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

49ersfan2152 wrote:
Id like to find out what the hit will be for Rogers as well. If its 6 mill then theyll keep him an release him next year.

As for the Seahawks getting Harvin, ya im worried. Especially with us losing Dashon, an acquiring guys like Boldin for 6 mill in cap hits instead of using it for better use. I no some would like to add Sean Smith but trust me he is gonna get over payed an isnt worth the money. He is a real good #2 but inconsistent an there are concerns with him. Talib is a stud an will cost less. He has had off field issues but he seemed to be past them down here in New England. I think we would be a great fit for him.

I could see us trying Rogers out at FS or even Culliver if we add a good CB or two. But Culliver would anger me because I want him to stay at CB he is good an getting better.

This is why I can't see us adding a big name CB b/c of the cap hit we would take from cutting Rogers. If we do add one of the FA cbs then someone is moving to FS but I don't see that happening.
big9erfan

PostPosted: Tue Mar 12, 2013 11:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Anyone know the details of how cap works ... if a guy gets cut and then signs with another team. Does the team that cut him get hit with what they were supposed to pay him even though another team is paying him to play for them? I ask because if we cut Rogers there's no way someone else isn't going to sign him.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 12, 2013 11:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

big9erfan wrote:
Anyone know the details of how cap works ... if a guy gets cut and then signs with another team. Does the team that cut him get hit with what they were supposed to pay him even though another team is paying him to play for them? I ask because if we cut Rogers there's no way someone else isn't going to sign him.

If we cut him, we terminate his contract with all the penalties on the cap that comes with it. A new team signing him changes nothing. On the other hand, there might be a team who would trade a 7th rounder for him, or better, to get him off our hands.

49ersfan2152

PostPosted: Tue Mar 12, 2013 12:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

This is why I think we have shown more interest in the trade market for CB's like Mainly Revis because we dont have to commit the big money right now to him an can sign him before he hits FA next year an clear the money we need to sign him by being able to cut Rogers next offseason free an clear of a big salary hit.

I do see some teams being interested in Rogers via the trade route. He wouldnt cost much in a trade. He is one year removed from his big year an can still play some one for a 6 rder who has plenty of cap space needs a veteran CB could take a shot. If he doesnt work out no biggy u release him next year for nothing. Tampa seems like a great fit since they have money an huge needs at CB. They are trying to be a playoff team this year an Rogers makes sense for there Defensive scheme.

gridiorngreat thnk you for the sig

Favorite Teams
Redsox, 49ers, Celtics, Uconn BB, Bruins, LSU FB
big9erfan

PostPosted: Tue Mar 12, 2013 12:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

rudyZ wrote:
big9erfan wrote:

If we cut him, we terminate his contract with all the penalties on the cap that comes with it. A new team signing him changes nothing. On the other hand, there might be a team who would trade a 7th rounder for him, or better, to get him off our hands.

That's essentially what we did for Boldin. IF we really are interested in Smith I can't imagine that happening without being able to dump Rogers salary.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 12, 2013 12:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

HAHAHA Harvin failed his physical.

I have a new Sports Blog check it at:
http://buttfumblesports.wordpress.com/
rudyZ

PostPosted: Tue Mar 12, 2013 12:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

DirtyJersey9er wrote:
HAHAHA Harvin failed his physical.

Migraines?

oldman9er

PostPosted: Tue Mar 12, 2013 12:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

big9erfan wrote:

I know rudyZ covered this, but nope. WE take on the full and immediate cap hit for the guaranteed money in his contract that was then prorated over the life of the contract.

Via trade, we would wipe out his base salaries (5.5 - 6.25 - 7.25) for the next 3 years, but would suffer the dead money hit from his signing bonuses.. which would cost us 4.425 mil.. that's the total 3 years all lumped against our cap in 2013. So essentially, we would be trading him for... what? a 4th round pick? and get back about 1.1 mil on our cap room.

Cutting him would sink us with that 4+ mil hit anyway, but we'd wipe out base salary pain.

... and LOL at Harvin failing his physical!!! for realz? Shocked Laughing

PostPosted: Tue Mar 12, 2013 1:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

oldman9er wrote:
big9erfan wrote:

I know rudyZ covered this, but nope. WE take on the full and immediate cap hit for the guaranteed money in his contract that was then prorated over the life of the contract.

Via trade, we would wipe out his base salaries (5.5 - 6.25 - 7.25) for the next 3 years, but would suffer the dead money hit from his signing bonuses.. which would cost us 4.425 mil.. that's the total 3 years all lumped against our cap in 2013. So essentially, we would be trading him for... what? a 4th round pick? and get back about 1.1 mil on our cap room.

Cutting him would sink us with that 4+ mil hit anyway, but we'd wipe out base salary pain.

... and LOL at Harvin failing his physical!!! for realz? Shocked Laughing

oldman, are you playing around or did it really happen????? lol
oldman9er

PostPosted: Tue Mar 12, 2013 1:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

NcFinest9erFan wrote:

oldman, are you playing around or did it really happen????? lol

No, I haven't read it anywhere yet. Saw D.J. mention it and started thinking, "did he?"

PostPosted: Tue Mar 12, 2013 1:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If he does, who wants to troll Wink j/k.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> San Francisco 49ers All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 3 of 4

Jump to: