Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Percy Harvin to the Seahawks...?
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 20, 21, 22  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Seattle Seahawks
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Tooki

PostPosted: Tue Apr 09, 2013 7:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

TheoryofSeahawk wrote:
For that kind of salary cap hit Sidney Rice might find himself looking for a new team next off season if he doesn't restructure significantly or put up a monster season that gives him big time leverage in negotiations. I think Red will be gone for sure after this season so long as there isn't a contract quirk that sticks the team with a huge cap hit like there is this year.

On another note, how many of you in here would take a Super Bowl win even if you knew we'd get our roster scavenged of all the young talent like Baltimore has? I think I would, as long as we keep Russell Wilson. Very Happy

I take the Superbowl. The team needs one dreadfully and now could be the best chance to do so.
imani

PostPosted: Tue Apr 09, 2013 8:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Tooki wrote:
TheoryofSeahawk wrote:
For that kind of salary cap hit Sidney Rice might find himself looking for a new team next off season if he doesn't restructure significantly or put up a monster season that gives him big time leverage in negotiations. I think Red will be gone for sure after this season so long as there isn't a contract quirk that sticks the team with a huge cap hit like there is this year.

On another note, how many of you in here would take a Super Bowl win even if you knew we'd get our roster scavenged of all the young talent like Baltimore has? I think I would, as long as we keep Russell Wilson. Very Happy

I take the Superbowl. The team needs one dreadfully and now could be the best chance to do so.

depends on who that young talent is. Unlike the ravens, young talent MAKES this team. This roster would be be barren. I don't know if i'd trade a superbowl for another 5-10 years of rebuilding. There aren't ET's, Okung's, Sherman's, Harvin's, Lynch's or Wagner's in every draft. And wilson is once in a generation in terms of his overall mold...so my answer would be no, if we're going to lose them.

We have have the young talent that can grow into winning multiple superbowls, or at least appearing at them

Russell Wilson Fan since July 2012
imani

PostPosted: Mon May 06, 2013 4:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8YCPXxBDYko

Pretty much everything harvin did last year.

Wee-Bey

PostPosted: Mon May 06, 2013 1:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

imani wrote:

Here's another that's a little longer. Has a few more passes.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3ie9TADkgVE

Edit: Also, he made the 2013 top 100 list. Few appearances from Sherm and Pete.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6VO-xz-YjqU

Last edited by Wee-Bey on Mon May 06, 2013 1:28 pm; edited 1 time in total
imani

PostPosted: Mon May 06, 2013 1:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wee-Bey wrote:
imani wrote:

where's the link?

Wee-Bey

PostPosted: Mon May 06, 2013 1:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

imani wrote:
Wee-Bey wrote:
imani wrote:

where's the link?

Sorry about that, just edited the post.
bobob123

PostPosted: Mon May 06, 2013 1:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I wonder if Percy remembers this highlight shot?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qwyHu9dHUxM

"Guess what! I got a fever, and the only prescription, is MORE COWBELL!!" - Christopher Walken
thedudehi

PostPosted: Mon May 06, 2013 5:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

sirensong wrote:
There's no doubt in my mind Russell is something very special and going to be on of the AllTime greats in Sea sports history. But to anoint him titles like "once in a generation" anything is premature. Lets not turn the hype machine up to maximum just yet.

I'm sorry siren but this doesn't make any sense. You say there's no doubt he will be one of the all time greats in SEA history, but then say we can't annoint him a once in a generation leader? His leadership is a huge part in what makes him so great. If you have been following his career throughout college and the pros, it shouldn't be a stretch to make that statement.
sirensong

PostPosted: Mon May 06, 2013 7:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

thedudehi wrote:
sirensong wrote:
There's no doubt in my mind Russell is something very special and going to be on of the AllTime greats in Sea sports history. But to anoint him titles like "once in a generation" anything is premature. Lets not turn the hype machine up to maximum just yet.

I'm sorry siren but this doesn't make any sense. You say there's no doubt he will be one of the all time greats in SEA history, but then say we can't annoint him a once in a generation leader? His leadership is a huge part in what makes him so great. If you have been following his career throughout college and the pros, it shouldn't be a stretch to make that statement.

Is Peyton Manning a HOF player right now? Nope.

Will he be? Yup.

Russell Wilson has 1 NFL season under his belt, he hasnt accomplished anything other than that 1 season. Hes not a once in a generation anything yet.
thedudehi

PostPosted: Mon May 06, 2013 11:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

sirensong wrote:
thedudehi wrote:
sirensong wrote:

Will he be? Yup.

Russell Wilson has 1 NFL season under his belt, he hasnt accomplished anything other than that 1 season. Hes not a once in a generation anything yet.

Ok, guy.
silus

PostPosted: Wed May 08, 2013 2:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

sirensong wrote:
thedudehi wrote:
sirensong wrote:

Will he be? Yup.

Didn't realize being a leader requires you to be in the NFL, let alone have 1+ years playing in it. If you don't feel the same way as me, that's fine, but searching my own feelings and how I respond to different people, RW is a special person, a once in a generation person, no question. And at the end of the day, being a leader is about how you affect people, how you influence people, so that's just how I feel.
Sacks98

PostPosted: Wed May 08, 2013 2:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

TheoryofSeahawk wrote:

Good thing we don't have to worry about that for a couple of seasons but i take the Super Bowl.
silus

PostPosted: Wed May 08, 2013 4:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Does anyone really think Sidney Rice is going to restructure after seeing what his old teammate received? Sidney Rice is the best pure receiver on the team, and his agent isn't going to let the team forget that. I like Percy Harvin as an offensive weapon that can be used in many ways, but I think a guy like Sidney Rice is more valuable to Russell Wilson and his development as a prolific passer.
Wee-Bey

PostPosted: Fri May 10, 2013 7:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

silus wrote:
Does anyone really think Sidney Rice is going to restructure after seeing what his old teammate received? Sidney Rice is the best pure receiver on the team, and his agent isn't going to let the team forget that. I like Percy Harvin as an offensive weapon that can be used in many ways, but I think a guy like Sidney Rice is more valuable to Russell Wilson and his development as a prolific passer.

Percy Harvin is a lot better than Sidney Rice. He'll restructure or he'll be shipped out as there are plenty of WR's to be had that could replicate Sidney Rice's skill set/impact. Seattle isn't drafting someone beyond the first round that can do what Harvin can do, hence them dealing a first round pick for his talents.

I understand you're uncomfortable with the Percy being a quarter inch shy of 6ft, and very critical of him falling 33, and 132 yards short of 1000 yards receiving in his last full seasons, but I think you'll learn very quickly why he was valued so by Pete and the offensive coaches when he's streaking down the field for 6 in a Seattle jersey.

Unless you think Wilson's passing skills are as poor as Ponders, I don't think you'll have to worry about Harvin being limited to gadget plays.
vike daddy

Most Valuable Poster (2nd Ballot)

PostPosted: Thu Jun 13, 2013 1:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

vike daddy wrote:
Despite the reported sour relationship, Percy Harvin told USA Today he could have continued playing for Vikings coach Leslie Frazier had he not been traded. Harvin said he and Frazier have talked since the trade and exchanged text messages within the last month about Harvin's impending fatherhood.

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap1000000210734/article/percy-harvin-moving-on-from-minnesota-vikings-drama

maybe becoming a father will allow Percy to order his priorities better and mature, it certainly had a big impact on Jared Allen. Winfield, who has always been regarded as a very mature man and teammate, had a child while still in college.

Webmaster wrote:
Can we knock off all the nonsense and stick to football?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Seattle Seahawks All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 20, 21, 22  Next
Page 21 of 22

Jump to: