Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Percy Harvin to the Seahawks...?
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Seattle Seahawks
View previous topic :: View next topic  
vike daddy

Most Valuable Poster (2nd Ballot)

PostPosted: Wed Mar 13, 2013 11:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

SupeRG00F wrote:
I bet it's because the coach didn't want him there.

SupeRG00F wrote:
The coaching staff didn't like him obviously.

Harvin denied reports that he left, in part, because of a falling out with coach Leslie Frazier, saying the two still have a "great relationship."

http://www.twincities.com/sports/ci_22776950/vikings-percy-harvin-calls-trade-blessing-denies-rift

that settles that.

Webmaster wrote:
Can we knock off all the nonsense and stick to football?
SupeRG00F

PostPosted: Wed Mar 13, 2013 11:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

vike daddy wrote:
SupeRG00F wrote:
I bet it's because the coach didn't want him there.

SupeRG00F wrote:
The coaching staff didn't like him obviously.

Harvin denied reports that he left, in part, because of a falling out with coach Leslie Frazier, saying the two still have a "great relationship."

http://www.twincities.com/sports/ci_22776950/vikings-percy-harvin-calls-trade-blessing-denies-rift

that settles that.
Cool. Thanks.

Xbox Gamertag: SupeR G00F
klyon7634

PostPosted: Wed Mar 13, 2013 3:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
"I don't think there could have been a better fit for me. I wanted to be here so bad." - Percy Harvin

Seahawks~ Yankees~ Knicks~ Syracuse Orange

#JDI
Plush

PostPosted: Wed Mar 13, 2013 3:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

klyon7634 wrote:
Quote:
"I don't think there could have been a better fit for me. I wanted to be here so bad." - Percy Harvin

Yea yea. Just bring your A game young man
SupeRG00F

PostPosted: Wed Mar 13, 2013 3:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Plush wrote:
klyon7634 wrote:
Quote:

Yea yea. Just bring your A game young man
Laughing
Agreed though. Walk the walk. I expect him to succeed very well here.

SaveourSonics

PostPosted: Wed Mar 13, 2013 5:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Str8Wreckin08 wrote:
SaveourSonics wrote:
Str8Wreckin08 wrote:
I agreed with every move Pete Carrol made up until this point. I mean, he has concussion problems, and he's not worth a first round pick.

You need that pick to get a pass rush, a guy like Datone Jones.

But if he wanted to go that route, he could have been patient and a guy like Tavon Austin could have fell to him at 24, or maybe even Terrence Williams or a guy like o rhe could have got Justin Hunter.

But I probaly bet Pete Carrol will move up Laughing

Hmm. I guess I'll lend a helping hand.

He had migraine problems which stemmed from sleep apnea and have since been treated and relieved for 2 years now. He hasn't had a migraine during that entire span. Not worth a 1st round pick...meh...you'll have a hard time convincing me of that as well. He's only 24 years old coming with a 6 year contract, meaning we will literally have him for the entirety of his prime. He's coming off a half season where he was in consideration for MVP prior to injury and was 3rd in the entire NFL in total YAC despite playing in 7 less games than any of the other players in the top 10.

Sure, we could have landed Terrance Williams in the 1st round. Wanna know a funny thing about Terrance Williams? He'll be the same age as Percy Harvin when the 2013 season kicks off. So you think we should have taken the risk of an unknown NFL commodity in the 1st round over dealing our 1st for a player of the same age and a guy we know can produce like an MVP caliber player?

Sorry if you're not selling me on your ideals.

Yea but this is a weak draft defensively. Especially for interior pass rushers.

Could have got a guy like Datone Jones thats all I'm saying.

Could have. But what if Datone Jones is off the board? Are we left scratching our heads, thinking "damn I really wish we would've used this 1st on a Percy Harvin trade instead of taking a guy like Terrance Williams".
Dools=hawks

PostPosted: Wed Mar 13, 2013 5:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

SaveourSonics wrote:
Str8Wreckin08 wrote:
SaveourSonics wrote:
Str8Wreckin08 wrote:
I agreed with every move Pete Carrol made up until this point. I mean, he has concussion problems, and he's not worth a first round pick.

You need that pick to get a pass rush, a guy like Datone Jones.

But if he wanted to go that route, he could have been patient and a guy like Tavon Austin could have fell to him at 24, or maybe even Terrence Williams or a guy like o rhe could have got Justin Hunter.

But I probaly bet Pete Carrol will move up Laughing

Hmm. I guess I'll lend a helping hand.

He had migraine problems which stemmed from sleep apnea and have since been treated and relieved for 2 years now. He hasn't had a migraine during that entire span. Not worth a 1st round pick...meh...you'll have a hard time convincing me of that as well. He's only 24 years old coming with a 6 year contract, meaning we will literally have him for the entirety of his prime. He's coming off a half season where he was in consideration for MVP prior to injury and was 3rd in the entire NFL in total YAC despite playing in 7 less games than any of the other players in the top 10.

Sure, we could have landed Terrance Williams in the 1st round. Wanna know a funny thing about Terrance Williams? He'll be the same age as Percy Harvin when the 2013 season kicks off. So you think we should have taken the risk of an unknown NFL commodity in the 1st round over dealing our 1st for a player of the same age and a guy we know can produce like an MVP caliber player?

Sorry if you're not selling me on your ideals.

Yea but this is a weak draft defensively. Especially for interior pass rushers.

Could have got a guy like Datone Jones thats all I'm saying.

Could have. But what if Datone Jones is off the board? Are we left scratching our heads, thinking "damn I really wish we would've used this 1st on a Percy Harvin trade instead of taking a guy like Terrance Williams".

listen to the return of will smith! This draft is weak anyways

WINTER IS COMING
Sacks98

PostPosted: Wed Mar 13, 2013 6:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
According to two sources, the straw that broke the Vikings' back with Harvin is when he bemoaned the fact that quarterback Christian Ponder, a 2011 first-round pick, was not good enough. That came even though Ponder consistently fed Harvin the ball.

Last season, Harvin had team highs of 62 catches for 677 yards, and added three touchdowns before suffering a season-ending injury in the Vikings' ninth game.

Now, Harvin goes to Seattle, which has wunderkind quarterback Russell Wilson. Wilson not only pushed Robert Griffin III for Rookie of the Year this season, but also happens to have a lot in common with Harvin. Both are 24 and grew up in the eastern part of Virginia: Harvin from Virginia Beach and Wilson from Richmond.

In other words, they have known of each other for a long time and there's enough respect between the two that Harvin likely won't create more trouble. Wilson is probably one of the few people who can keep Harvin in line.

http://sports.yahoo.com/news/nfl---sources--percy-harvin-s-lack-of-confidence-in-christian-ponder-was-final-straw-for-vikings-205048037.html
SupeRG00F

PostPosted: Wed Mar 13, 2013 7:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Seattle plays Minnesota this year too. More story lines about Harvin and Ponder to deal with. Rolling Eyes

vike daddy

PostPosted: Wed Mar 13, 2013 7:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

SaveourSonics wrote:
He had migraine problems which stemmed from sleep apnea and have since been treated and relieved for 2 years now. He hasn't had a migraine during that entire span.

actually we do not know that to be true...

the Vikings were extremely close lipped about Harvin's health while on the team. he probably did have migraines during that time, and probably still does, as what the Vikings have said is that his migraines are "under control."

however, it is correct to say he never missed a game or any practices with migraine issues for almost two years now.

sincerely,
fact check daddy

Webmaster wrote:
SaveourSonics

PostPosted: Wed Mar 13, 2013 8:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

vike daddy wrote:
SaveourSonics wrote:
He had migraine problems which stemmed from sleep apnea and have since been treated and relieved for 2 years now. He hasn't had a migraine during that entire span.

actually we do not know that to be true...

the Vikings were extremely close lipped about Harvin's health while on the team. he probably did have migraines during that time, and probably still does, as what the Vikings have said is that his migraines are "under control."

however, it is correct to say he never missed a game or any practices with migraine issues for almost two years now.

sincerely,
fact check daddy

Harvin said in his press conference yesterday that he hasn't had one since.
vike daddy

PostPosted: Wed Mar 13, 2013 8:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

SaveourSonics wrote:

ok. odd that the Vikings never said that. it certainly would have been in their interest to. whether they intended to trade him some day or keep him for years.

and i do know for a fact that Harvin left some practices while on the field very quickly and with trainers, who would remove him from practices when they saw indicators they didn't like.

oddly enough, everyone does agree that the shots to the head that football players regularly take would not contribute to migraines. concussions, yes, but not migraines.

Webmaster wrote:
Tooki

PostPosted: Wed Mar 13, 2013 8:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

vike daddy wrote:
SaveourSonics wrote:

ok. odd that the Vikings never said that. it certainly would have been in their interest to. whether they intended to trade him some day or keep him for years.

and i do know for a fact that Harvin left some practices while on the field very quickly and with trainers, who would remove him from practices when they saw indicators they didn't like.

oddly enough, everyone does agree that the shots to the head that football players regularly take would not contribute to migraines. concussions, yes, but not migraines.

I heard the same thing as SoS, so I find the migraine situation intriguing. Hopefully Harvin didn't openly lie about it.
SaveourSonics

PostPosted: Wed Mar 13, 2013 8:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

vike daddy wrote:
SaveourSonics wrote:

Who knows, maybe they only disclosed the information in private discussions.
vike daddy

PostPosted: Wed Mar 13, 2013 8:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

SaveourSonics wrote:
vike daddy wrote:
SaveourSonics wrote:

Who knows, maybe they only disclosed the information in private discussions.

what i meant is the Vikings never said Harvin's migraines were "gone" or "cured," during press conferences or anything. and believe me, they were asked frequently.

so if he hasn't had a single migraine for two years, i don't know why the Vikes wouldn't have announced that publicly when asked.

Tooki wrote:
Hopefully Harvin didn't openly lie about it.

oh, Percy alwaaaaays tells the truth.

Wink

Webmaster wrote:

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Seattle Seahawks All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22  Next
Page 18 of 22

Jump to: