Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Free Agency 2013: The Final Countdown
Goto page 1, 2, 3 ... 50, 51, 52  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Chicago Bears
View previous topic :: View next topic  
WindyCity

PostPosted: Mon Mar 11, 2013 8:57 am    Post subject: Free Agency 2013: The Final Countdown Reply with quote

I thought we could use a new thread as we actually approach the deadline.

My guess, based on what we know about Emery, is that the guys we sign are not going to be guys that we have heard about. News will break that a couple of players are on route to Halas Hall for physicals and or that a deal is close.

I don't think we are going to want to be in on the Andy Levitre sweepstakes with how it is gearing up.

My guess is Bushrod and a TE will be the ones that we hear about later today or tomorrow.
topwop1

PostPosted: Mon Mar 11, 2013 9:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Where there is smoke there is fire..

After hearing that the Bears were interested in Jared Cook, Brandon Moore, Ramon Foster and Kevin Boothe I fully expect Emery to go hard after one or more of these guys once the signing period opens tomorrow.
WindyCity

PostPosted: Mon Mar 11, 2013 11:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

SI's Peter King confirms the Titans are expected to "go hard" after OG Andy Levitre in the opening hours of free agency.
The Nashville Tennessean first reported the Titans' interest last week. Levitre would be a major coup for one of the league's worst interior lines, but he's a better pass blocker than run blocker. That won't be music to Chris Johnson's ears, who's routinely blamed his offensive line for his recent struggles. Regardless, Levitre would be a sizable upgrade on Steve Hutchinson.
WindyCity

PostPosted: Mon Mar 11, 2013 11:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jake Long - T - Dolphins According to USA Today, the Rams and Bears are "believed to be among the most interested" in free agent LT Jake Long.
Related: Bears, RamsSource: Mike Garafolo on Twitter Mar 11 - 9:36 AM
WindyCity

PostPosted: Mon Mar 11, 2013 11:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Free agent LT Jermon Bushrod is "50-50" to re-sign with the Saints.
According to SI's Peter King, Bushrod's Saints future could depend on the team agreeing to restructured deals with Jonathan Vilma and Will Smith. If it's Vilma and Smith holding the Saints back from keeping Drew Brees' blindside protector, it's a bit surprising one or both haven't been cut loose already. Bushrod is much more important to the Saints' 2013 chances. Neither Vilma nor Smith are good fits for New Orleans' new 3-4 defense.
dabears32

PostPosted: Mon Mar 11, 2013 12:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't think we should count anyone out because of money. We have a lot of room to be freed up with some simple moves.

While I think Tennessee could prove to be too tough of competition, I think that we'll be in the Levitre sweeps until the end.

The guard FA pool is more appealing than the tackle market, but then again the guard talent in the draft is much deeper and likely more available to us than top tackle talent.

If we don't get Levitre, I might like Eric Winston and a middle-tier TE (good FA class) to allow us to draft a slipping guard in April.
Madmike90

PostPosted: Mon Mar 11, 2013 12:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
The New York Daily News expects Martellus Bennett to reach the free-agent market on Tuesday.

NY Daily News reporter Ralph Vacchiano has been on top of the Bennett situation. Per Vacchiano, the Bennett camp "has a sense his market value is more than what the Giants are offering." If -- perhaps better said "when" -- Bennett hits the open waters, he'll be the best all-around tight end available. Unlike Jared Cook and Dustin Keller, Keller is an impact blocker in the run game.

SOCalBearsFan54

PostPosted: Mon Mar 11, 2013 12:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Going off last years FA we made a bold move and got Brandon Marshall. I think this year Emery does the same thing. I think we will pick up a big name player such as Levite, Cook, Bushrod or Long. We will also get some 2nd tiers vets and resign our own as well. Emery is a smart savvy GM that knows what we need and will make the necessary moves to make the team better. Tommorrow is going to be a great day!

2013 Adopt a Bear: LT Jermon Bushrod#74
WindyCity

PostPosted: Mon Mar 11, 2013 12:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

@RapSheet: Not a surprise, but hearing big-time interest in G Andy Levitre: #Titans love him, #Broncos & #Colts also in the mix. #Bills, too, of course

@MarcSesslerNFL: #Dolphins, #Browns reportedly in mix for Jared Cook http://t.co/hol1dagVP1
AZBearsFan

PostPosted: Mon Mar 11, 2013 1:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think tomorrow is going to be an absolute madhouse in terms of how fast we start seeing signings in the afternoon.

GRRLacher wrote:
I told you guys AZ was awesome...he in fact makes triple the pay I get for moderating here.
CBears019

PostPosted: Mon Mar 11, 2013 1:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

AZBearsFan wrote:
I think tomorrow is going to be an absolute madhouse in terms of how fast we start seeing signings in the afternoon.

Not a signing, but related:
Quote:
Jay Glazer ‏@JayGlazer
The Seahawks and Vikings have agreed to a trade that send Harvin to Seattle for draft picks, pending Harvin passing a physical

Good news for us, I guess.

FG: 25/28 XP: 41/42 LNG: 58 Yards

dabears32

PostPosted: Mon Mar 11, 2013 1:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

CBears019 wrote:
AZBearsFan wrote:

Quote:
Jay Glazer ‏@JayGlazer
The Seahawks and Vikings have agreed to a trade that send Harvin to Seattle for draft picks, pending Harvin passing a physical

Not sure how good of news that is. Given, he won't be in our division, but that Seattle team is going to be DEADLY moving forward. DEADLY.
CBears019

PostPosted: Mon Mar 11, 2013 1:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

dabears32 wrote:
CBears019 wrote:
AZBearsFan wrote:

Quote:
Jay Glazer ‏@JayGlazer

Not sure how good of news that is. Given, he won't be in our division, but that Seattle team is going to be DEADLY moving forward. DEADLY.

I was going for him not being in our division anymore.

FG: 25/28 XP: 41/42 LNG: 58 Yards

WindyCity

PostPosted: Mon Mar 11, 2013 1:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

@RapSheet: Not a surprise, but hearing big-time interest in G Andy Levitre: #Titans love him, #Broncos & #Colts also in the mix. #Bills, too, of course

@MarcSesslerNFL: #Dolphins, #Browns reportedly in mix for Jared Cook http://t.co/hol1dagVP1
IronMike84

PostPosted: Mon Mar 11, 2013 1:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9jK-NcRmVcw

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Chicago Bears All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3 ... 50, 51, 52  Next
Page 1 of 52

Jump to: