Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

LB James Harrison a future Saint?
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> New Orleans Saints
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Porter22

PostPosted: Sun Mar 10, 2013 8:03 pm    Post subject: LB James Harrison a future Saint? Reply with quote

http://www.nola.com/saints/index.ssf/2013/03/former_steelers_lb_james_harri.html

Quote:
A former NFL defensive player of the year would have no problem joining the New Orleans Saints as former Steelers outside linebacker James Harrison would "love to be in New Orleans," according to his agent Bill Parise.

"The Saints would be a great fit," Parise said Sunday afternoon.

QB Drew Brees - 1,203 YDs ; 7 TD ; 3 INT ; 71.4% Pct

DB Patrick Robinson - 12 Tackles, 3 PDefs, 1 INT
Spartica4Real

PostPosted: Sun Mar 10, 2013 8:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I wouldn't mind it as a stopgap for a year/two. At least he won't have to give up black & gold. Laughing

Saints
LSU
Pelicans

PSN: The_SlayerSaint (PS4)

Adopt a Saint 2014:
Cam Jordan:
Joseph Morgan
Porter22

PostPosted: Sun Mar 10, 2013 8:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Spartica4Real wrote:
I wouldn't mind it as a stopgap for a year/two. At least he won't have to give up black & gold. Laughing
Saints winning the Lombardi with Harrison, Vilma and Smith on the Podium? Start crying Mister Goodell! Laughing

Spartica4Real

PostPosted: Sun Mar 10, 2013 8:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Porter22 wrote:
Spartica4Real wrote:
Saints winning the Lombardi with Harrison, Vilma and Smith on the Podium? Start crying Mister Goodell! Laughing

I threw up. They HAVE to be released/restructured today/tomorrow or we're stuck with those salaries. They will most likely be cut, we've heard no news on a new deal, they're good as gone.

Saints
LSU
Pelicans

Adopt a Saint 2014:
Cam Jordan:
Joseph Morgan
whodatworm23

PostPosted: Sun Mar 10, 2013 8:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Spartica4Real wrote:
Porter22 wrote:
Spartica4Real wrote:

I threw up. They HAVE to be released/restructured today/tomorrow or we're stuck with those salaries. They will most likely be cut, we've heard no news on a new deal, they're good as gone.

Vilma & Smith

From what I hear... both were asked to take MAJOR pay cuts or face being cut. The deals have been on the table for some time but both players wanted to gauge interest from other teams during this 3 day window before comiting to such a large salary reduction. If any of them find more money or starting opportunity elsewhere they will go but the clock is ticking and im sure the Saints have given them a deadline before they make the decision for them.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zk958n5n66o
Spartica4Real

PostPosted: Sun Mar 10, 2013 9:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

whodatworm23 wrote:
Spartica4Real wrote:
Porter22 wrote:
Spartica4Real wrote:

Vilma & Smith

From what I hear... both were asked to take MAJOR pay cuts or face being cut. The deals have been on the table for some time but both players wanted to gauge interest from other teams during this 3 day window before comiting to such a large salary reduction. If any of them find more money or starting opportunity elsewhere they will go but the clock is ticking and im sure the Saints have given them a deadline before they make the decision for them.

Deadline should have been yesterday.

Saints
LSU
Pelicans

Adopt a Saint 2014:
Cam Jordan:
Joseph Morgan
FLOODx

PostPosted: Sun Mar 10, 2013 9:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Spartica4Real wrote:
whodatworm23 wrote:
Spartica4Real wrote:
Porter22 wrote:
Spartica4Real wrote:

Vilma & Smith

Deadline should have been yesterday.

Word.

gopherwrestler on the sig.
Adopt-a-Saint
Cam Jordan: 47 tackles, 12.5 sacks, 2 FF
FLOODx

PostPosted: Sun Mar 10, 2013 9:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

whodatworm23 wrote:
Spartica4Real wrote:
Porter22 wrote:
Spartica4Real wrote:

Vilma & Smith

What about Harper?

Adopt-a-Saint
Spartica4Real

PostPosted: Sun Mar 10, 2013 9:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

FLOODx wrote:
whodatworm23 wrote:
Spartica4Real wrote:
Porter22 wrote:
Spartica4Real wrote:

Vilma & Smith

What about Harper?

No news on him AT ALL. I think they're gonna keep him at his current salary.

Saints
LSU
Pelicans

Adopt a Saint 2014:
Cam Jordan:
Joseph Morgan
FLOODx

PostPosted: Sun Mar 10, 2013 10:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Adopt-a-Saint
Spartica4Real

PostPosted: Sun Mar 10, 2013 10:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

FLOODx wrote:

I wish I was.. I wish I was..

Saints
LSU
Pelicans

Adopt a Saint 2014:
Cam Jordan:
Joseph Morgan
Harper41

PostPosted: Mon Mar 11, 2013 10:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

You guys are so impatient Laughing

RTR
#Keepitonehunna
SnA ExclusiVe wrote:
Thought someone broke into my house.
Jumped out of bed (left my brother)
sammymvpknight

PostPosted: Mon Mar 11, 2013 10:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

There is a reason why Harper was given the money in the first place. He was actually a really good in the box SS under GW. I am pretty neutral on Harper...I think that I am pretty objective. I think that he could have some worth under Ryan. I think that everyone knew that Harper was going to struggle in Spags scheme because he would be playing off the line and back in deep coverage. Ryan is very similar to GW in that he plays with what he's got. Ryan will probably play quit a bit of his dad's 4-6 defense to maximize production from the players we have.

But to run a 4-6 the Saints would need to have two necessary additions:
1) It is essential to have a FS capable of playing center field. Jenkins is clearly not that guy. I expect the Saints to go after a legit FS in the offseason. Because the SS will primarily be playing underneath zones, a FS has to be able to cover the entire back half of the secondary. I honestly don't think that there is a single guy in the draft capable of playing center field...this position will be address in free agency, unless the Saints have lots of faith in IAQ (which I don't at this time).

2) The NT typically play 0-Tech in a 4-6. That allows both DEs to have one-gap responsbilities (B Gaps). Then OLBs fill the C gaps. I think that Hicks in the only guy on the Saints defense capable of playing 0-Tech...but I think that he would be a better fit in a 1-gap role. But if the Saints are confident that Hicks can man 0-tech...then they need to find themselves a LDE. There are tons of guys in the draft capable of starting at 3-tech. It gets much more difficult to find a 0-gap NT. I think that Star and Jesse Williams can play the position...but outside of that, I think that most of the other DTs are better fit at 1-tech/3-tech.

I have no interest in bringing Smith and Vilma back unless it is at veteran minimums. Smith would be a decent back up for Cam Jordan at RDE. I think that Hawthorne and Wilson would be better fits at WILB than Vilma. I just don't see where Vilma is going to fit.
Porter22

PostPosted: Mon Mar 11, 2013 11:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

http://www.nola.com/saints/index.ssf/2013/03/former_steelers_lb_james_harri_1.html

Quote:
Former Steelers linebacker James Harrison may "love to be in New Orleans" and may be a "great fit for the Saints," according to Harrison's agent Bill Parise. But the probability of Harrison joining the New Orleans Saints would be "a long shot," according to a league source.

The Saints are looking for outside linebackers to fit their 3-4 defensive scheme, even though Junior Galette and Martez Wilson would be slated as the starters right now. The Saints displayed their commitment to Galette after Galette agreed to a three-year contract extension Saturday.

Harrison, 34, only tallied six sacks last season, which was his lowest total since 2007, as he missed three games with a knee injury. The Steelers recently released the 2008 NFL defensive player of the year.

Spartica4Real

PostPosted: Mon Mar 11, 2013 11:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I read the exact opposite. :p I read somewhere were gonna push hard for Harrison. Laughing

Saints
LSU
Pelicans

Adopt a Saint 2014:
Cam Jordan:
Joseph Morgan

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> New Orleans Saints All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: