Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

I'd take Kruger > Avril but not for $12million/year threa

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Indianapolis Colts
View previous topic :: View next topic  
stallyns

Global Moderator
FF Fanatic
PostPosted: Sun Mar 10, 2013 6:49 pm    Post subject: I'd take Kruger > Avril but not for $12million/year threa Reply with quote

I noticed on twitter, this forum and even some in the Brown's forum that many feel this wayl. I honestly hope we lose out on the Kruger bidding war if it means paying $12M/year for a guy who was, in essence, a part timer up until last year, and even for a little bit of last year.

Heck, I've seen the argument made that during the SB that the Ravens benched Kruger for Upshaw on run defense. Not that Freeney was the greatest run defender either but we never benched him for better run defenders (I'll throw in an aside that there was never really a better option on the bench after Raheem Brock left)

You agree? Sound Off!!

And I thought I'd throw in the joke I posted in the TACT thread now that this is a more suitable place for the joke.

https://twitter.com/GregCowanCA/status/310522846248067072

Quote:
To piggyback off of @Colt_Following : not only is Kruger not worth an overpayment, if he needs money to pick Indy over CLE, don't want him
ColtsFan40

PostPosted: Sun Mar 10, 2013 11:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I rather pass on both and go after Victor Butler. I would rather see what I could get out of a Butler/Hughes combo then greatly over pay for Kruger or Avril.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 11, 2013 12:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

OLB is such a big need for this team, I don't think we can wait to find a "diamond in the rough" player in FA, or wait to see who lands at pick 24 in the draft.

Even if you're comfortable with Butler and Hughes going into the 2013 season, what about the 2014 season when Robert is 33 ... or the 2015 season when Robert is 34. Is Butler or Hughes the long term answer for an elite pass rusher on this team?

So does $12 million per year seem steep right now? Yeah, it probably does. But how valuable would this player be to our team this year and going forward?

Overall, I'm torn IF the money is that big. But in the end, signing Kruger to any deal would open up options with the 24th pick, it would also solidify one of the most important positions in the NFL not just now, but from a long term strategic perspective.

Also, I thought I heard that Kruger was limited in the super bowl by injury. That he was only going to get X number of snaps, and that they were saving him for important pass rushing situations. Not sure where I heard that ... probably just speculation.

Images courtesy of the great IndyColt#88
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
coltsmanic808

PostPosted: Mon Mar 11, 2013 7:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't think he's worth the money so I'm ok with passing on him .

PostPosted: Mon Mar 11, 2013 10:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nah I think Avril represents more value for tha deniro.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 14, 2013 9:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Butler sucks. How bout trading for Anthony Spencer? Please!
wayne87reggie

PostPosted: Thu Mar 14, 2013 7:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ColtsFan40 wrote:
I rather pass on both and go after Victor Butler. I would rather see what I could get out of a Butler/Hughes combo then greatly over pay for Kruger or Avril.

I think Butler would be a good pick up!!

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Indianapolis Colts All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: