Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

 FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Jarvis Jones does NOT have Spinal Stenosis...
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
 
Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Jacksonville Jaguars
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Author Message
iPwn


Moderator
Joined: 10 Oct 2009
Posts: 45447
Location: Warbortles Nation
PostPosted: Mon Mar 11, 2013 4:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

sadjag wrote:
With Daryl likely gone Jarvis seems like a fitting replacement
I think Arthur Brown is a much, much better fit if you're looking for a Daryl Smith replacement.
_________________

- Best since day one -
The road to success is always under construction - Gus Bradley
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
jagman777


Joined: 30 May 2006
Posts: 6668
Location: 904
PostPosted: Mon Mar 11, 2013 5:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

healthy jarvis jones >>> mingo

o lets do ittt
_________________
StevePerry wrote:
Trust Steve. A belt buckle of that quality will change your life.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address
sadjag


Joined: 02 Mar 2012
Posts: 1107
Location: jax
PostPosted: Mon Mar 11, 2013 5:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

iPwn wrote:
sadjag wrote:
With Daryl likely gone Jarvis seems like a fitting replacement
I think Arthur Brown is a much, much better fit if you're looking for a Daryl Smith replacement.
I wasn't comparing Daryl and JJ as players merely pointing out that we have a hole. Personally IF it really was just a misdiagnosed stinger, seems like a no-brainer to me especially if we're moving to the 3-4 in 2 or 3 years.


Usually I'll bow down to you guys with more scouting experience but I'll take JJ's production and tape over Mingo's potential all day everyday.

I would also argue that even in the 4-3 under we are deeper at Leo than OLB. We need new starters at strongside and weakside.

I will re-iterate this is only if Jarvis does not have spinal stenosis. I don't buy this private Dr. thing one bit. You can pay a Dr. too say anything trust me I use too make a living out of it.
_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
KhanYouDigIt


Joined: 03 Jan 2012
Posts: 4707
PostPosted: Mon Mar 11, 2013 5:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

6 years after we draft Jarvis:

"Jarvis Jones retires due to Spinal Stenosis"


Because Jaguars.
_________________


TEDDY TEDDY TEDDY

Props to JMG on the sig
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
iPwn


Moderator
Joined: 10 Oct 2009
Posts: 45447
Location: Warbortles Nation
PostPosted: Mon Mar 11, 2013 5:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

sadjag wrote:
iPwn wrote:
sadjag wrote:
With Daryl likely gone Jarvis seems like a fitting replacement
I think Arthur Brown is a much, much better fit if you're looking for a Daryl Smith replacement.
I wasn't comparing Daryl and JJ as players merely pointing out that we have a hole. Personally IF it really was just a misdiagnosed stinger, seems like a no-brainer to me especially if we're moving to the 3-4 in 2 or 3 years.


Usually I'll bow down to you guys with more scouting experience but I'll take JJ's production and tape over Mingo's potential all day everyday.

I would also argue that even in the 4-3 under we are deeper at Leo than OLB. We need new starters at strongside and weakside.

I will re-iterate this is only if Jarvis does not have spinal stenosis. I don't buy this private Dr. thing one bit.
I wouldn't disagree with this, aside from player grading/specific scheme fit.

At this point, I'd rather have Arthur Brown as our first LB taken, but I understand the appeal of Jones, and understand Brown probably won't be there at 33.

Quote:
You can pay a Dr. too say anything trust me I use too make a living out of it.
Laughing

I'm also curious where the 3-4 talk is coming from. Bradley has been 4-3 his whole career, and learned 4-3 Under elements under Carrol. Babich has been 4-3/Cover two his whole career. Not calling you out or anything, as I've seen it a bunch. Is there something I'm unaware of?
_________________

- Best since day one -
The road to success is always under construction - Gus Bradley
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
sadjag


Joined: 02 Mar 2012
Posts: 1107
Location: jax
PostPosted: Mon Mar 11, 2013 5:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

iPwn wrote:
sadjag wrote:
iPwn wrote:
sadjag wrote:
With Daryl likely gone Jarvis seems like a fitting replacement
I think Arthur Brown is a much, much better fit if you're looking for a Daryl Smith replacement.
I wasn't comparing Daryl and JJ as players merely pointing out that we have a hole. Personally IF it really was just a misdiagnosed stinger, seems like a no-brainer to me especially if we're moving to the 3-4 in 2 or 3 years.


Usually I'll bow down to you guys with more scouting experience but I'll take JJ's production and tape over Mingo's potential all day everyday.

I would also argue that even in the 4-3 under we are deeper at Leo than OLB. We need new starters at strongside and weakside.

I will re-iterate this is only if Jarvis does not have spinal stenosis. I don't buy this private Dr. thing one bit.
I wouldn't disagree with this, aside from player grading/specific scheme fit.

At this point, I'd rather have Arthur Brown as our first LB taken, but I understand the appeal of Jones, and understand Brown probably won't be there at 33.

Quote:
You can pay a Dr. too say anything trust me I use too make a living out of it.
Laughing

I'm also curious where the 3-4 talk is coming from. Bradley has been 4-3 his whole career, and learned 4-3 Under elements under Carrol. Babich has been 4-3/Cover two his whole career. Not calling you out or anything, as I've seen it a bunch. Is there something I'm unaware of?
I believe Bradley said it, something like we'll fit scheme too players and acquire players in the coming years to switch too 3-4.

Not switch completely they wanna do both but we dont have the players for 3-4 atm.
_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
iPwn


Moderator
Joined: 10 Oct 2009
Posts: 45447
Location: Warbortles Nation
PostPosted: Mon Mar 11, 2013 5:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I may be wrong, but I think when he says 3-4, he means 4-3 under. I remember him using them interchangeably in the first press conference.
_________________

- Best since day one -
The road to success is always under construction - Gus Bradley
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
dswinton


Joined: 08 Jan 2011
Posts: 809
Location: Northside Duval
PostPosted: Mon Mar 11, 2013 6:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

GENO SMITH
_________________


"Thanks for the great sig MoJo122-b-21, one of the best alive".
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Adrenaline_Flux


Joined: 19 Dec 2008
Posts: 20638
Location: The Iowa
PostPosted: Mon Mar 11, 2013 7:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

dswinton wrote:
GENO SMITH


Please don't spam threads.
_________________


Winner of Football's Future Big Brother II
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Mr. V


Joined: 07 Sep 2011
Posts: 2697
Location: Atlanta
PostPosted: Mon Mar 11, 2013 9:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

sadjag wrote:
Mr. V wrote:
sadjag wrote:
With Daryl likely gone Jarvis seems like a fitting replacement


No
indeed


I don't see how a 34 OLB is a fitting replacement for a 43 LB who can play all 3 linebacker positions, but whatever you say.
_________________

Thank you daboyle250 for the sig.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
dswinton


Joined: 08 Jan 2011
Posts: 809
Location: Northside Duval
PostPosted: Mon Mar 11, 2013 10:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jarvis Jones will be the first to get double digit sacks out all pass rushers in this draft. I don't want a guy who can't get results in college. I want a consistent sack machine and Jones has proven it the other guys did not. I want Geno but would be happy with Jones.
_________________


"Thanks for the great sig MoJo122-b-21, one of the best alive".
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Jags


Joined: 11 Feb 2010
Posts: 2546
Location: Florida (Thanks to Kempes on the sig)
PostPosted: Tue Mar 12, 2013 3:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

dswinton wrote:
Jarvis Jones will be the first to get double digit sacks out all pass rushers in this draft. I don't want a guy who can't get results in college. I want a consistent sack machine and Jones has proven it the other guys did not. I want Geno but would be happy with Jones.


By results exactly what do you mean? 20-25 plus sacks in a 3-4 year collegiate career?

Or is it for the player to average 10+ (double digit) sacks over a collegiate career?

Just need clarification.
_________________


DarthDavis wrote:
I tell you I respect the Jags forum nothing but classy posters. They got a good group over there.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
JaguarCrazy2832


Joined: 28 Jun 2008
Posts: 82956
PostPosted: Tue Mar 12, 2013 5:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

sadjag wrote:
JaguarCrazy2832 wrote:
sadjag wrote:
With Daryl likely gone Jarvis seems like a fitting replacement


but with other holes, practically all the top prospects are fitting
Other than Joeckel, Agreed.


i said practically Wink
_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
dswinton


Joined: 08 Jan 2011
Posts: 809
Location: Northside Duval
PostPosted: Tue Mar 12, 2013 8:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I mean both but more specically a guy who can average 10 plus sacks a season or close to it. Mingo and Dion haven't been consistent enough.
_________________


"Thanks for the great sig MoJo122-b-21, one of the best alive".
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
JaguarCrazy2832


Joined: 28 Jun 2008
Posts: 82956
PostPosted: Tue Mar 12, 2013 9:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

dswinton wrote:
I mean both but more specically a guy who can average 10 plus sacks a season or close to it. Mingo and Dion haven't been consistent enough.


they are all potential
_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Display posts from previous:   

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Jacksonville Jaguars All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
Page 4 of 6

 
Jump to:  
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum




Powered by phpBB © 2001, 2005 phpBB Group